• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should the Patriots Draft a QB? What Round?

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schefter: Leftover tidbit from weekend combine: one team said it had Louisville’s Lamar Jackson as the second-rated QB in upcoming NFL draft.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever heard of Chase Litton? Junior QB ......Marshall University.

Had an interview with the Patriots at the Combine. Then a private meeting with a member of the Patriots staff.

Caserio? McDaniels did not attend the Combine.

i

Chase Litton
  • Hometown: Tampa, FL
  • Height 6-6
  • Weight 232 lbs.

NFL Rumors: Patriots Showing ‘A Lot Of Interest’ In QB Chase Litton
by Doug Kyed on Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 6:06PM

It’s widely assumed the New England Patriots will take a quarterback in the 2018 NFL Draft. Could that player be Marshall’s Chase Litton?

The Patriots are among four teams showing “a lot of interest” in Litton, according to DraftAnalyst.com’s Tony Pauline. The other teams are the Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins and Cleveland Browns.

Litton is ranked as a sixth- or seventh-round draft pick by DraftScout.com. He ran a 4.90-second 40-yard dash with a 29.5-inch vertical leap, 8-foot, 10-inch broad jump, 4.53-second short shuttle and 7.49-second 3-cone at the NFL Scouting Combine last week.

He completed 60 percent of his passes for 3,115 yards with 25 touchdowns and 14 interceptions last season with the Thundering Herd. He was a three-year starter at Marshall.

Litton was asked at the combine about the potential of working under Patriots starting quarterback Tom Brady.

“You’re learning from the greatest of all-time for a reason,” Litton said. “Everything he’s done as a player on and off the field. … Again, how he handles himself off the field and his preparation is something that you have to go in there and be a sponge. You have to do everything he does, and not because that is what people want you to do, but because that is the standard. There’s a reason he’s won all these MVPs. There’s a reason he’s won five rings.

“To be around a guy like that would be a blessing.”

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@BigKen just posted the Patriots talked with Kyle Lauletta. Watched his highlights and read up on him. Coach Belichick should love him. Lauletta played lacrosse. Even considered it over college football. His father was an all American as was his Grandfather. His father was a QB for Navy. His uncle played there too. He’s been compared to Jimmy Garoppolo. Played great at the Senior Bowl. And to top it all off, he’s damn good looking like Brady and Jimmy G! I can easily see him being a Patriot. Just wonder if they did choose him, which pick will it be?

When I was at the Senior Bowl the Patriots had their sit down meeting with him right next to me in a hotel restaurant. The meeting lasted about an hour. Longer than any other meeting I saw all week. So there is definite interest on their part. I was ticked though as one of workers decided to start vacuuming right when the meeting started so couldn't hear what they were asking him.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the way Brady was speaking on facebook live or whatever the hell that was seems like he will only be playing next year and that's it, which makes the Jimmy G trade look even worse

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady was live on Good Morning America this morning(3/12/18) for a very long and involved conversation with Michael Strahan. Brady said outright that he would like to play for 5 (FIVE) more years. The only thing that will make him change his mind is what his children will need in a couple of years. Strahan asked what makes him want to continue to play and TB said I love the competition, nothing but football provides that rush.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- GoPrincetonTigers.com | Princeton Athletics CHAD KANOFF 6'4" 225
father is an investment banker; mother is a corporate lawyer

At Princeton — 2017: became Princeton's 11th Bushnell Cup winner as the Ivy League Offensive Player of the Year after record-breaking season; unanimous first-team All-Ivy League quarterback … recipient of the Poe-Kazmaier Trophy, the top honor given by the football team at the Donald B Lourie '22 Football Banquet … broke the Princeton career record for passing yards with 7,510; previous mark was Doug Butler '86 (7,291) moved into sixth place in the Ivy League career passing yards list … broke the Princeton AND Ivy League record for single-season passing yards with 3,474; previous Ivy mark was Jeff Mathews (3,412, 2011) and previous Princeton mark was Butler (3,175, 1983) … broke the Princeton AND Ivy League record for single-season completion percentage with 73.2%; previous Ivy mark was Gavin Hoffman (70.5, 2000) and previous Princeton mark was Jason Garrett (68.2, 1988) … finished second in the Princeton rankings and fourth on the Ivy League rankings in career completion percentage (64.5%) … broke the Princeton pass efficiency single-season record and finished third on the Ivy list with 168.4; previous Princeton mark was 151.64, set by Quinn Epperly in 1983 … broke the Princeton record for single-season completions and finished third on the Ivy League single-season list with 284; previous Princeton mark was 224 (Butler, 1983) … only Brown's James Perry (309, 1999) and Eric Webber (289, 2000) completed more … broke the Princeton record for career completions and finished fourth on the Ivy League career list with 655; previous Princeton mark was 542 (Butler, 1983-85), and only Mathews (901), Perry (789) and Cornell's Ricky Rahne (678) had more in the Ivy League … much more

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
- GoPrincetonTigers.com | Princeton Athletics CHAD KANOFF 6'4" 225
father is an investment banker; mother is a corporate lawyer

At Princeton — 2017: became Princeton's 11th Bushnell Cup winner as the Ivy League Offensive Player of the Year after record-breaking season; unanimous first-team All-Ivy League quarterback … recipient of the Poe-Kazmaier Trophy, the top honor given by the football team at the Donald B Lourie '22 Football Banquet … broke the Princeton career record for passing yards with 7,510; previous mark was Doug Butler '86 (7,291) moved into sixth place in the Ivy League career passing yards list … broke the Princeton AND Ivy League record for single-season passing yards with 3,474; previous Ivy mark was Jeff Mathews (3,412, 2011) and previous Princeton mark was Butler (3,175, 1983) … broke the Princeton AND Ivy League record for single-season completion percentage with 73.2%; previous Ivy mark was Gavin Hoffman (70.5, 2000) and previous Princeton mark was Jason Garrett (68.2, 1988) … finished second in the Princeton rankings and fourth on the Ivy League rankings in career completion percentage (64.5%) … broke the Princeton pass efficiency single-season record and finished third on the Ivy list with 168.4; previous Princeton mark was 151.64, set by Quinn Epperly in 1983 … broke the Princeton record for single-season completions and finished third on the Ivy League single-season list with 284; previous Princeton mark was 224 (Butler, 1983) … only Brown's James Perry (309, 1999) and Eric Webber (289, 2000) completed more … broke the Princeton record for career completions and finished fourth on the Ivy League career list with 655; previous Princeton mark was 542 (Butler, 1983-85), and only Mathews (901), Perry (789) and Cornell's Ricky Rahne (678) had more in the Ivy League … much more

I was reading up on this kid the other day.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling him ours.....
I checked out his game video too, looks solid but competition level is a concern. As he would be a late pick that would mean a developmental pick, I can see that.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I checked out his game video too, looks solid but competition level is a concern. As he would be a late pick that would mean a developmental pick, I can see that.

How late? He is getting a lot of interest?
One site has him projected as undrafted.
Can you imagine the crying if NE signed him as UDFA and he became Brady's replacement?

I think he'll go by the 4th round.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I thought as well.
Probably pretty smart dude if he's graduating Princeton...but investment banker dad may have had more influence for a dumb jock son than his own grades...
But, benefit of the doubt, he's highly intelligent and can hold a clipboard behind Brady for a couple years and paythefuckattention to become a productive 5 time SB winning NFL QB after TB retires with 6 or 7 rings.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How late? He is getting a lot of interest?
One site has him projected as undrafted.
Can you imagine the crying if NE signed him as UDFA and he became Brady's replacement?

I think he'll go by the 4th round.....
I don't see him rated in any of the sites that project prospects. He is listed in most as UDFA

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I thought as well.
Probably pretty smart dude if he's graduating Princeton...but investment banker dad may have had more influence for a dumb jock son than his own grades...
But, benefit of the doubt, he's highly intelligent and can hold a clipboard behind Brady for a couple years and paythefuckattention to become a productive 5 time SB winning NFL QB after TB retires with 6 or 7 rings.
Well I don't think Tom will have 6 or 7 rings, in fact I really feel Tom has his last ring already. But I agree if we get him RD 6 or 7 WTH do you have to lose.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are just so many QB’s that keep popping up as potential Patriot Picks. I have to admit that a lot of them look the part. What the Patriots will do???? I could see them using our 1st or really any one of our picks on a QB depending on who’s there and who they are secretly coveting. I’m starting to get excited about the draft now.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I don't think Tom will have 6 or 7 rings, in fact I really feel Tom has his last ring already. But I agree if we get him RD 6 or 7 WTH do you have to lose.

It was meant sarcastically....But he came damn close this year.
So if he tosses the ball to Dorsett a couple more times he may get himself another.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kanoff is interesting. Good measurables. Could've gone to Vanderbilt, so he was considered good enough to play in the SEC, but chose Princeton. And Ivy League or not when you complete over 73% of your passes that's pretty damn impressive. I'm not sure from what little I've seen of him that he can really rip it at the level an NFL QB needs to, though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Latest on Chad Kanoff:

Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline reports that Princeton QB Chad Kanoff "didn't disappoint" in his pro day.
Kanoff hasn't received as much attention as some of the other quarterbacks in this class, but he put up big numbers in the Ivy League, and according to Pauline, there's interest in the signal-caller. "The big-armed passer measured in at 6-foot-4 and 219 pounds, timed 4.90 in the 40 and posted a vertical jump of 32.5 inches," Pauline writes. "His hands measured 10-1/4 inches, a big number for a quarterback. Kanoff threw 55 passes; all had excellent velocity, and all were on the money.".....

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm from the school of thought that a QB should be drafted pretty much every year. At least every other year.

I also like the thought of using a late 1 on a QB because of the availability of the 5th year contract option.

Hoyer's presence means they don't HAVE to draft a QB this year, and Brady being Brady means they don't HAVE to draft his replacement this year.

History shows they'll probably be looking for one somewhere in the late 2nd to late 4th range.

I'm partial to Logan Woodside on the lower end of that window.

One quarterback that's garnering interest from Director of Player Personnel Nick Caserio is Toledo quarterback Logan Woodside. Caserio attended his Pro Day on Monday and was reportedly paying close attention to him.

Nick Caserio attends Logan Woodside's Pro Day at Toledo

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny Manziel was back in the local sports news this weekend. No one said they saw him or said difinetly that JM was at Foxboro or in Mass. this weekend but they all implying that the patriots now have a more than passing interest. Sports Sunday has a short (? 5 minutes) on the Patriots interest and about his change since get on meds and not drinking.

Again, can't be sure if they're drumming up viewership or discussing something that has meat on the bone. I can't believe that they're trying to get viewers because other stations aren't going to give them credit for anything and if you don't watch, you won't know anyway......

I just wish they'd say something positive like, "Johnny Manziel was seen at Gillette Stadium on Saturday afternoon. It's unknown what took place but we know he was there for two and half hours before leaving.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a chance on somebody bi-polar is very risky. A football player is going to need help with pain at times and any meds taken by bi-polar individual can throw them way off.....