• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Should Colbert Be On The Phone To NY?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants In Fire Sale Mode?

If I would give my 2019 1st rd pk and my 2020 3rd rd comp pk to AZ for Patrick Peterson, but if that can't get a deal I think NYG will be more accommodating.

Jenkins has a back loaded contract....not the player that Peterson is, but still a very good CB. 6th round pk might fit here. He has a high cap hit next yr, but also a manageable dead money hit so he's got some exposure, might be willing to take less than $14mil but I'd be looking at this yr and '19.

They're probably not going to do anything by the deadline, but it's intriguing.

Thoughts?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup, i heard we were in contact, but nothing more

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I would give my 2019 1st rd pk and my 2020 3rd rd comp pk to AZ for Patrick Peterson, but if that can't get a deal I think NYG will be more accommodating.

Jenkins has a back loaded contract....not the player that Peterson is, but still a very good CB. 6th round pk might fit here. He has a high cap hit next yr, but also a manageable dead money hit so he's got some exposure, might be willing to take less than $14mil but I'd be looking at this yr and '19.

Thoughts?

Giants in fire sale mode......hahaha

Until they dump Shit head Eli Manning, it does not matter who they get or get rid of.......

Manning is so inconsistent its laughable. 90% of the times the idiot is standing on the sidelines looking like an extra from the walking dead....he sucks, hence the team will suck until he's gone. AND I've said it before and I'll say it again, Barkley is on the wrong team!!!!!

But I don't see Pittsburgh making a move with the New Jersey Giants......

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want Jenkins. I very much want Conley.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if I've ever watched Conley, but I like Jenkins. He's solid. Would love Patrick Peterson though.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know if I've ever watched Conley, but I like Jenkins. He's solid. Would love Patrick Peterson though.

Where the blue Hell have you been????

Slacked

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Conley, but don't see him as an immediate upgrade for this season.
I think he is. He played well in Oakland, but Chuky is going for sucky.

And it's not hard to upgrade Arth or Coty.

He'd be an upgrade.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is. He played well in Oakland, but Chuky is going for sucky.

And it's not hard to upgrade Arth or Coty.

He'd be an upgrade.

I'd have to trust your judgement there...haven't seen enough of him to make that call, but you're right in terms of where the bar is currently.

I still look at him as potential and that's why I like his impact more in '19, but yes, he would be an upgrade....a welcome upgrade.

If anything were to happen it would most likely be with Conley...OSU guy, Tomlin/Colbert meet with him iirc...don't remember if he was an invite to PIT HQ or not, but I do remember there was interest.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thoughts?
He should be on the phone with Oakland as well. We need to be on the phone with someone. We need help and it's not gonna get better if we don't make any moves.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He should be on the phone with Oakland as well. We need to be on the phone with someone. We need help and it's not gonna get better if we don't make any moves.

I'm gathering they're already on the phone with OAK since they've done a deal with them recently.

Obviously PIT has to win this week or none of this makes any sense, but they have a chance to climb back into top 3 seed conversation...but they can't afford many more losses, and they're facing, @ BAL, @ JAX is starting to look not as threatening but still a team they need to figure out (especially if Fournette is back), LAC, NE and @ NO. Of course CIN 2.0 to close.

Burnett REPORTEDLY, practiced fully on Wed...if this guy is back, you get a better TE defender than Sutton or Bostic or VWil...that leaves Burns as your weakest link...Burns has the athletic ability, maybe he can find some confidence. If not, will they try to fix it with new talent or move Sensa or Sutton in there?

That said...assuming they get out of the north as DIV champ...as built, I'm not too concerned about HOU or the AFCS teams. I give them a good shot against LAC, but I don't know if they can beat KC or NE without improving the RCB spot.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fully convinced Burns' issues can't be fixed anymore.

Artie Burns says he 'definitely' has CTE

"I definitely know I have it," said Burns, who is in his second season with the Steelers. "I’m going to [test positive for] CTE. I don’t need a test. Is it going to tell me how much I have? We play a physical sport, man. Humans are not made to run into each other."​

He wants to preserve his long-term mental health. That's FINE. I understand that. Hell, I agree with that. But him in that mindset isn't good for his play. He's very deliberately avoiding physical hits. Not the player he was coming out of College, and even there, I wasn't a fan of his selection.

Burns needs to be removed from the roster. He hasn't got the heart or mind for the game.

No where else does the team have a weakness as clear as this.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fully convinced Burns' issues can't be fixed anymore.

Artie Burns says he 'definitely' has CTE

"I definitely know I have it," said Burns, who is in his second season with the Steelers. "I’m going to [test positive for] CTE. I don’t need a test. Is it going to tell me how much I have? We play a physical sport, man. Humans are not made to run into each other."​

He wants to preserve his long-term mental health. That's FINE. I understand that. Hell, I agree with that. But him in that mindset isn't good for his play. He's very deliberately avoiding physical hits. Not the player he was coming out of College, and even there, I wasn't a fan of his selection.

Burns needs to be removed from the roster. He hasn't got the heart or mind for the game.

No where else does the team have a weakness as clear as this.

I've seen that article or something similar...that one is dated DEC '17.

I'll say this...he's made a couple of nice hits this season, but if you're playing this game with that on your mind, I can see how it would effect your desire. It doesn't bode well for him getting a second NFL contract (certainly nothing substantial) so I hope he's managing this rookie contract well.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is theres a few corners available, im suprosed no one is after conley..............jenkins contract is huge, and he WAS good, hes ranked like the 60th best cb right now...........which is still an upgrade for us.......but not for that contract, but conley is on a rookie deal

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thing is theres a few corners available, im suprosed no one is after conley..............jenkins contract is huge, and he WAS good, hes ranked like the 60th best cb right now...........which is still an upgrade for us.......but not for that contract, but conley is on a rookie deal

Jenkins is expensive, but likely a low pick cost wise, and immediate improvement, should be able to pick up scheme fairly quickly. NYG own some of his dead money so he's can be released if it's not working so the contract doesn't scare me if I was going to pay Bell that much...much rather Peterson but I wouldn't nix the idea of a vet with pedigree.

Conley I like, I do think he would be an upgrade over Burns. Idk about immediate...OAK played a lot of man, Butler runs more zone with some man...I view him as more help in 2019...still welcome, I would trade for Conley now.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jenkins is expensive, but likely a low pick cost wise, and immediate improvement, should be able to pick up scheme fairly quickly. NYG own some of his dead money so he's can be released if it's not working so the contract doesn't scare me if I was going to pay Bell that much...much rather Peterson but I wouldn't nix the idea of a vet with pedigree.

Conley I like, I do think he would be an upgrade over Burns. Idk about immediate...OAK played a lot of man, Butler runs more zone with some man...I view him as more help in 2019...still welcome, I would trade for Conley now.
yeah i agree, either one......i dont see them doing anything though