• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shanahan Disappointed

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
haaaa........me neither.

I always want to win, especially against the Rams.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why Shanahan is. Wins have no meaning now other than for creating momentum heading into the offseason. I think Shanahan probably feels a win would mean a lot more with the starters in than what it is going to be now which is like a preseason game.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I get why Shanahan is. Wins have no meaning now other than for creating momentum heading into the offseason. I think Shanahan probably feels a win would mean a lot more with the starters in than what it is going to be now which is like a preseason game.

Yeah, its huge for the team because it keeps solidifying their progress. It confirms what they've installed and kept working at, is REAL! Granted there is a danger all this momentum elevates expectations TOO high? For sure it is sky high for fans. :-)

They can always pull out Jimmy G sometime in the game. Obviously, getting him hurt (him alone) kills most of the momentum built to date.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, its huge for the team because it keeps solidifying their progress. It confirms what they've installed and kept working at, is REAL! Granted there is a danger all this momentum elevates expectations TOO high? For sure it is sky high for fans. :-)

They can always pull out Jimmy G sometime in the game. Obviously, getting him hurt (him alone) kills most of the momentum built to date.

Well I think that depends on the injury if it's nothing serious that won't keep him out long term momentum should be fine.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Expectations will be high next year. Hope we don't end up like the Raiders

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Expectations will be high next year. Hope we don't end up like the Raiders

Its already HIGH for we fans. haaaa

For me, i'm honestly not expecting "SB" in 2018. I'm thinking potential play-offs, but not thinking we'll get in for sure. The team is a LEO away from a good foundation, but not enough talent OVERALL.

We all know Jimmy G is the key, so they HAVE to 'beef up' the interior O-line. Whether FA, Draft, or both, i'd even replace all 3 if thats what it takes. Ideally we draft an OT who can fill inside temporarily, but i admit thats hoping for a lot.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For me, i'm honestly not expecting "SB" in 2018. I'm thinking potential play-offs, but not thinking we'll get in for sure. The team is a LEO away from a good foundation, but not enough talent OVERALL.

We all know Jimmy G is the key, so they HAVE to 'beef up' the interior O-line. Whether FA, Draft, or both, i'd even replace all 3 if thats what it takes. Ideally we draft an OT who can fill inside temporarily, but i admit thats hoping for a lot.

I think if they replace all three with three new players it means Garnett is a bust and maybe people already know that but I didn't think he had played enough or at all to show one way or the other but that could be what makes him a bust.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think if they replace all three with three new players it means Garnett is a bust and maybe people already know that but I didn't think he had played enough or at all to show one way or the other but that could be what makes him a bust.

Yes, that would signal they don't think highly of Garnett, but that's not saying they've given up? They would have to let him compete regardless of who else they bring in. They brought in a lot of linemen this past season, and let him compete against them. So similar (not same) scenario in the off season.

Garnett might not be as suited for this scheme (outside zone), not so much a bust.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense can get some work in now though since Goff and Gurley won't be on the field. Should be a lot of three and outs for the Rams which gives Shanahan more chance to see what his O can do.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think that depends on the injury if it's nothing serious that won't keep him out long term momentum should be fine.
Agreed.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just a running back and a go-to receiver away from being a dominant offense. Put Hopkins and Bell on that team and they'd win a lot of games.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford has more NFL busts than any major program I can think of. I think Soloman Thomas is going to be another one.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Too bad Borland retired so soon. he was gonna be a good one alongside Foster.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just a running back and a go-to receiver away from being a dominant offense. Put Hopkins and Bell on that team and they'd win a lot of games.

No doubt we could use these guys on offense, but wouldn't go hard after them.

We can become dominant the following year if we can adress the O-line first? Not saying address only the O-line, but saying address it first. Get this foundation going first, then even the less than Pro-Bowl guys can do well.

Not only the interior line, but also an OT. We already know the interior isn't that good (granted they did well at the end), but we're vulnerable at OT. Staley is obviously older, but Brown went down with injury too. Brown is also infamous for poor training, so hard to project a long career? I'd add at least one quality FA linemen this off season, a 'higher' draft pick, and a 'mid' draft pick.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be disappointed too....I think the current Niners with JG could've rolled over a few of these teams in the playoffs.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We can become dominant the following year if we can adress the O-line first? Not saying address only the O-line, but saying address it first. Get this foundation going first, then even the less than Pro-Bowl guys can do well.

Not only the interior line, but also an OT. We already know the interior isn't that good (granted they did well at the end), but we're vulnerable at OT. Staley is obviously older, but Brown went down with injury too. Brown is also infamous for poor training, so hard to project a long career? I'd add at least one quality FA linemen this off season, a 'higher' draft pick, and a 'mid' draft pick.
Agree about the O Line but I would look at getting a shut down Corner and a go to receiver.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Looks like Jarvis Landry will be available. he'd fit right in. he was the leading receiver in the league last year.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Jarvis Landry will be available. he'd fit right in. he was the leading receiver in the league last year.

I thought he was still negotiating with Miami?