• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks, Duane Brown reach 3-year

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Thomas remain with the team, but not with long term guarantees. Unfortunately I feel that is what Thomas is looking for, I would if I was him. That isn’t in the best interest for the Seahawks. Not sure why Thomas put it out there that he won’t play this season without that extension. Certainly put the damper on any trade talks that might of develope, unless the Seahawks give him away.
Thomas really doesn’t have much choice but to play this season as a Seahawk and they might even franchise him next year. Don’t think that would make him happy and perhaps it doesn’t happen IDK. It sure seems like a Thomas wants out of Seattle and it seems to be more then just the money. That’s a shame because he’s been a fan favorite.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like a jilted lover.

He broke our hearts!

He's gone on record about that. Why should we take him at his word? After all he's been a loose cannon and so self centered all these years... Oh wait...

==

<edit> And since I neglected to quote him, my post is replying to Screamin...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Thomas remain with the team, but not with long term guarantees. Unfortunately I feel that is what Thomas is looking for, I would if I was him. That isn’t in the best interest for the Seahawks. Not sure why Thomas put it out there that he won’t play this season without that extension. Certainly put the damper on any trade talks that might of develope, unless the Seahawks give him away.
Thomas really doesn’t have much choice but to play this season as a Seahawk and they might even franchise him next year. Don’t think that would make him happy and perhaps it doesn’t happen IDK. It sure seems like a Thomas wants out of Seattle and it seems to be more then just the money. That’s a shame because he’s been a fan favorite.

Great post... Agreed... The main reason I don't want to resign him is because this is his last opportunity to get a long term deal... He won't settle for a 2 or 3 year extension... I don't see him settling for anything less than a 4 - 5 yr deal...

And his antics have absolutely made it tougher for the Hawks to trade him... The Hawks have lost so much leverage to Thomas running his mouth...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sound like a jilted lover.

He broke our hearts!

He's gone on record about that. Why should we take him at his word? After all he's been a loose cannon and so self centered all these years... Oh wait...

==

<edit> And since I neglected to quote him, my post is replying to Screamin...

LOL

You're reaching, Since when is stating the truth = to sounding like a jilted lover? :pound: You sound like all those that thought i was wrong about Bennett.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support Earl on his efforts to get paid. It's the nature of the business. But this signing is clearly a direct message to Earl saying that when you show up, display your leadership, you will get rewarded.

Personally, this stalemate between Earl Thomas and the Seahawks isn't even necessarily about Earl. Because he deserves to get paid. This is about setting a precedent. If the Seahawks give in, then it sets the precedent for future players to do the same.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support Earl on his efforts to get paid. It's the nature of the business. But this signing is clearly a direct message to Earl saying that when you show up, display your leadership, you will get rewarded.

Personally, this stalemate between Earl Thomas and the Seahawks isn't even necessarily about Earl. Because he deserves to get paid. This is about setting a precedent. If the Seahawks give in, then it sets the precedent for future players to do the same.

I support Earl and think he should get paid, the problem is he showed he doesn't want to be in Seattle because during the season and a run to make the playoffs he was soliciting hes services to another team. How do you think the Young guys that look up to Thomas in the locker room felt about that? Great player Great person Ugly action at a time they needed the team to come together and he was showing he didn't want to be a part of it.

If i was the Hawks i would get him in and tell him. "Hey we got you for another year and after that we WILL tag you for as long as we can. You are not going anywhere unless we get fair market value so you might as well report"

Carroll said the other day in a interview when they brought up Earl. " We are going with the guys that WANT TO BE HERE, That WANT TO BE A SEAHAWK."

Last edited:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I support Earl and think he should get paid, the problem is he showed he doesn't want to be in Seattle because during the season and a run to make the playoffs he was soliciting hes services to another team. How do you think the Young guys that look up to Thomas in the locker room felt about that? Great player Great person Ugly action at a time they needed the team to come together and he was showing he didn't want to be a part of it.

If i was the Hawks i would get him in and tell him. "Hey we got you for another year and after that we WILL tag you for as long as we can. You are not going anywhere unless we get fair market value so you might as will report"

Completely agree. Earl went about it the wrong way. But also take into consideration the situation Earl was in. We didn't know it, but it was pretty clear to everyone in the locker room that Sherman, Bennett and others were going to get axed by the end of the season.

Earl probably took that personally as a shot towards the loyalty and brotherhood he has built up with his guys. In that moment he probably felt damn no one is safe and that includes me. I got to start fighting for my future and take matters into my own hands.

Was it the best decision? No. It was probably an emotional reaction but here we are now and we're dragged in this hold out saga. We've been here before every year with Walter Jones, two years ago with Kam, and I'm sure the Seahawks will hold tight once again this time.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

You're reaching, Since when is stating the truth = to sounding like a jilted lover? :pound: You sound like all those that thought i was wrong about Bennett.

Heh. You've been on the Bennett train, for what, 3 years? I guess eventually you were going to be right.

Congrats?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam held out and then played well and got rewarded with a contract. ET wants that final contract which I don't blame him so my guess is he'll report at the end of the preseason and ready to go week 1. If he plays well, he might get what he's looking for.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heh. You've been on the Bennett train, for what, 3 years? I guess eventually you were going to be right.

Congrats?

Yeah and Bennett just changed this past year right LMAO dense as wood. No the Hawks just got sick of it and had enough. When he was traded you did not complain and lets not kid our selves he poisoned the waters in the locker room.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam held out and then played well and got rewarded with a contract. ET wants that final contract which I don't blame him so my guess is he'll report at the end of the preseason and ready to go week 1. If he plays well, he might get what he's looking for.

Kam also missed two games in his hold out and all of preseason if you remember. He came to work and they worked something out. I am Sure if Thomas shows commitment to the Hawks they would reward him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kam also missed two games in his hold out and all of preseason if you remember. He came to work and they worked something out. I am Sure if Thomas shows commitment to the Hawks they would reward him.

Agreed

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would hate to lose Thomas. People seem to not be acknowledging how important he is to the D. His intellect, incredible range, and tackling have covered up for many of the other DBs and freed them up to take high reward chances with the knowledge that the big play was more than likely accounted for even if they made a poor decision.

Thomas is a HOF FS with other worldly coverage skills and range. I would hate to see him somewhere else.

Plus, I have his jersey!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what lots are over looking also. Seeing a player going to another teams head coach right after a game and going into their locker room is unheard of. Not only that, Jason Garrett didn't look surprised to see him and had a very friendly greeting meaning these two have talked a lot. Love Earl to death and he is a Future HoFer no doubts in my mind but he made his bed in another teams locker room, and now wants his old team to be committed to him when he himself showed no commitment to them.

I want Earl on this team, no way do i want him traded. But the facts are the facts and the facts are pretty ugly. Hope something in his psyche changes and he realizes what he did was in such bad taste that he gets on his knees and begs for forgiveness.

If he did that i also believe someone would then bite on a trade if the Hawks wanted to go that way. Right now other teams see a player that is not happy with the Hawks team and wants off it no matter what. This in turns says to them do not waist your time asking for real market value and just wait. he will be released.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You don't pay a player for past performance" ~ Brian Billick

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You don't pay a player for past performance" ~ Brian Billick

Well, do we think that Thomas is on the verge of a steep decline? Despite his injury last year I don't think we have seen any evidence of this.

I don't have the expertise to judge Thomas' current career path so.I have rely on the coache' best judgement on this issue. But I do think that Thomas is what makes the whole defensive backfield scheme work.

Another aspect is the cheap market for safeties. For some unknown reason the demand for safeties dropped off a cliff this year. It hurts Thomas' demands that good safeties are going on very late, cheap contracts this year.