• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Seahawks 2018 offseason thread

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take here and I agree with the guy. As much as I like Earl and as good as he is, the FO missed the boat. He should have been traded already.

Last edited:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting take here and I agree with the guy. As much as I like Earl and as good as he is, the FO missed the boat. He should have been traded already.

Well I agree about " don't hand out that third contract " . Any thing after that IDK. The media/ fans make assumptions about what did the front office tried to do, or didn't try to do and what is really possible to get on trades etc.

pittpnthrs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty much agreed that this is his last season with us, but I just hope he doesnt sit out for the year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think its pretty much agreed that this is his last season with us, but I just hope he doesnt sit out for the year.

well his contract roles over if he doesn't play this year. Meaning there would still be a year left on it next season lol. Holding out during the season only hurts the player in the long run. Anyone remember what Joey Galloway did? He came back the last 5-6 games i think it was so his contract wouldn't reset. Hawks went 1-5(?) i think in those games after starting 8-2 with out him. Galloway's return screwed up the Chemistry of that team BIG time. If Earl holds out half the season his return could do the same thing.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a few years ago. He wasn't that good to begin with I thought.

he was a stud gunner, one of if not THE BEST gunner in the NFL. He was a Beast on Special teams and had he got more looks in the passing game he would have done better. He just was down on the depth chart there. Behind Baldwin, Tate and Sidney Rice. He would have been a solid #3 WR and just was a STUD as a gunner.

Last edited:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AND the guy who 'leaned' and tipped a certain Pats DB to intercept what should have been an easy pitch and catch for our second straight superbowl.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well his contract roles over if he doesn't play this year. Meaning there would still be a year left on it next season lol. Holding out during the season only hurts the player in the long run. Anyone remember what Joey Galloway did? He came back the last 5-6 games i think it was so his contract wouldn't reset. Hawks went 1-5(?) i think in those games after starting 8-2 with out him. Galloway's return screwed up the Chemistry of that team BIG time. If Earl holds out half the season his return could do the same thing.
Partially accurate. Galloway played 8 games back in '99, which at that time (under that CBA) was the minimum # he had to be around for in order to have his contract toll. I believe now the minimum is 10 under the current CBA, which is why Duane Brown came back last year for Houston after missing the first 6 games, played 1 game for them (against us) and then got the trade that brought him here.

Now, back to Galloway. Did his return mess up the team chemistry? Very subjective and speculative. Event B happening after Event A doesn't mean A caused B. The team took a dip in the 2nd half of '99 for sure, but it could have been for a number of reasons (one of them possibly being our QB had a rating of 77 for the season). They did win the first 2 games after Galloway's return.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you know they won't do that.
They won't not because they can't but because something will give by then -- either an extension, a trade, or release/FA.

I am fully confident the FO is trying to figure out a way to settle this, but it takes 2 to tango. They aren't going to give him $20M a year into his mid-30s, and I also don't think the FO will try to low ball him unless they just don't really want to risk another contract.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't not because they can't but because something will give by then -- either an extension, a trade, or release/FA.

I am fully confident the FO is trying to figure out a way to settle this, but it takes 2 to tango. They aren't going to give him $20M a year into his mid-30s, and I also don't think the FO will try to low ball him unless they just don't really want to risk another contract.

I say we franchise tag him but in doing so I think we'd be paying him $20 mil+