• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Screwed if don’t take a NT in 1st?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just personally just not as high on Payne as I am Vea. If Vea is there take him, If he is gone then you should look at the couple of defensive players that fell (along with Payne) and take the best one that is available.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am just personally just not as high on Payne as I am Vea. If Vea is there take him, If he is gone then you should look at the couple of defensive players that fell (along with Payne) and take the best one that is available.

If given the choice between the two, my head says Vea is the better prospect.

My heart says while Payne is a tad bit less of a prospect, pairing him with Allen and Anderson might work out better for us because there should already be a comfort level from their time together at Bama. So might make sliding him into the starting lineup go a little smoother and faster.

But on a pure talent stand point, I would not be upset with either. And the only picks that would make me pull a Deano would be Ridley or a QB at 13

Oh and this is a Deano

G5PDeg.gif

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on NFL live minkah says he wants to play CB over safety which puts us back to ................ wasnt the slot already solved by what we have dean ????????? you said that defending the ASS trade now you advocate taking a slot cb who doesnt want to play safety thus making the versatility advantage moot

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
on NFL live minkah says he wants to play CB over safety which puts us back to ................ wasnt the slot already solved by what we have dean ????????? you said that defending the ASS trade now you advocate taking a slot cb who doesnt want to play safety thus making the versatility advantage moot

I would want Fitz as a safety. I can see Vea being taking over him but Payne being taken in the first 12 picks would be a major shock. Once again he is just not a slot Cb. You cant get this trough your head. Im ok with Vea at #13. Im not against it.

Once again you and Shark use last years defensive run stats when major injuries were suffered. How is that even a fair assessment? I know we need a NT. but this bullshit revamping the whole dline is just nuts. we just need a NT and that is it.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would want Fitz as a safety. I can see Vea being taking over him but Payne being taken in the first 12 picks would be a major shock. Once again he is just not a slot Cb. You cant get this trough your head. Im ok with Vea at #13. Im not against it.

Once again you and Shark use last years defensive run stats when major injuries were suffered. How is that even a fair assessment? I know we need a NT. but this bullshit revamping the whole dline is just nuts. we just need a NT and that is it.

And what you cant seem to get through your mind is that our run defense has sucked for the last seven years. On guy on the line aint going to do it. Sorry boss, but bringing in Sports Center Fitz aint going to fix what ails our defense. Just bringing in an NT aint going to fix it. We need talent AND Depth on the D-line, right now we are short on talent, and have no quality depth.. as the last seven years of bottom end run stopping and rushing the pass should tell any sane individual.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i haved used quite a few years of hot garbage run defense and never mind minkah says he wants to play cb

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If given the choice between the two, my head says Vea is the better prospect.

My heart says while Payne is a tad bit less of a prospect, pairing him with Allen and Anderson might work out better for us because there should already be a comfort level from their time together at Bama. So might make sliding him into the starting lineup go a little smoother and faster.

But on a pure talent stand point, I would not be upset with either. And the only picks that would make me pull a Deano would be Ridley or a QB at 13

Oh and this is a Deano

G5PDeg.gif
Vea is BY FAR the better run-stopper from everything I've seen and read, and the Skins NEED a run-stopper, so... Vea makes a lot more sense than Payne for the Skins. But... do the Skins have a GM who can think outside of Ourlad's draft guide?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vea is BY FAR the better run-stopper from everything I've seen and read, and the Skins NEED a run-stopper, so... Vea makes a lot more sense than Payne for the Skins. But... do the Skins have a GM who can think outside of Ourlad's draft guide?
payne would be ok as well if he is the "consolation prize "

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Payne over Vea.

I believe he is more versatile, has played against better competition, has familiarity playing with J.Allen and Anderson, and he was an absolute beast in the college football playoffs against top talent.

Remember Braden Smith and Wynn are 2 of the top 5 interior lineman in this upcoming draft. Payne went up against both.

Ragnow as well

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Im drafting specifically for a run stopper and both are there, Im going with Vea.

If Im looking at a guy who I can move around, can be a run stopper, but I can also throw in at DE on DT in my sub package... Payne just might have the bigger portion of the all mighty upside.

I dont think we could go terribly wrong with either unless the guy we draft turns out to be a bust.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what you cant seem to get through your mind is that our run defense has sucked for the last seven years. On guy on the line aint going to do it. Sorry boss, but bringing in Sports Center Fitz aint going to fix what ails our defense. Just bringing in an NT aint going to fix it. We need talent AND Depth on the D-line, right now we are short on talent, and have no quality depth.. as the last seven years of bottom end run stopping and rushing the pass should tell any sane individual.

sports center Fitz? what? The guy would help our defense. Here you do with conspiracy theory again if we dont get a NT at #13 we are doomed.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sports center Fitz? what? The guy would help our defense. Here you do with conspiracy theory again if we dont get a NT at #13 we are doomed.

Doomed... NOpe. But if we take a DB and continue to half ass it on fixing the D-line.. .we will still be wondering why we are a .500 or worse team. The problems with this team were not

QB, or the secondary. But those are the sexy picks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah we need a BU safety and a BU slot cb because FM and hosley solved that according to you and your ASS trade defense

i dont think we need a db at 13 who doesnt want to play safety

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doomed... NOpe. But if we take a DB and continue to half ass it on fixing the D-line.. .we will still be wondering why we are a .500 or worse team. The problems with this team were not

QB, or the secondary. But those are the sexy picks.

umm secondary was a problem last year.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with Allen the line wasn't that good its needs a major upgrade with 1-Vea 2-Payne

im not denying that. I know we need a NT. Im a big fan of Vea. I don't understand why this board would erupt if Fitz or James is the pick at #13.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not denying that. I know we need a NT. Im a big fan of Vea. I don't understand why this board would erupt if Fitz or James is the pick at #13.

because defensive line is a much more pressing need then a safety or corner and which Vea would also be a BPA pick

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because defensive line is a much more pressing need then a safety or corner and which Vea would also be a BPA pick

I have no problem with Vea. I just think hybrid safeties like Fitz and James offer a lot more upside. Plus what if we bring on Hankins before or after the draft. Doenst that change things?