• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Screwed if don’t take a NT in 1st?

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was Billy Price available in the 2nd round? Just curious. I agree with you Fitz should be the pick if he is ther at #13.

No he went in 1st draft (Run by Nosferatu) #30 and the 2nd draft (Draft Crazy) #34.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
drafting minkah would be underwhelming to me
Can you elaborate dad? Fitz is an elite talent capable of playing multiple positions. He would be a great addition to our team should Payne or Vea be gone. I really want Payne along with a Hankins signing using round 2 for our RB need.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
was Billy Price available in the 2nd round? Just curious. I agree with you Fitz should be the pick if he is ther at #13.

So far:

Nos’s Draft

1. Minkah Fitzpatrick - CB/S
  2. Nick Chubb - RB

Draft Crazy’s Draft

1. Vita Vea - NT
  2. Rashaad Penny - RB
  • Trade: The Redskins trade pick #44 to Baltimore for picks #52 and #118.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you elaborate dad? Fitz is an elite talent capable of playing multiple positions. He would be a great addition to our team should Payne or Vea be gone. I really want Payne along with a Hankins signing using round 2 for our RB need.

What if Payne or Vea aren’t gone? I still feel Fitz is better then both of them ranking wise.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like Fitz the Redskins need to draft Vea or Payne or trade down they need the picks badly

You build from the inside out. Not the outside in Build the Trenches

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And thats the point. Fitz should be considered if Vea and Payne are off the board. But even then, if both are off the board, we should be trying to trade down. Fitz doesnt improve the weakest point on our defense. And while he might make the pro bowl and rookie of the year, Him getting Sports center props, with our defense still giving up 100+ yards rushing to Steven Hawkins... really doesnt do much for me.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the reason why I would stay away from Fitz UNLESS both Payne and Vea were gone is.... we dont NEED him. If we get to 13 and both Payne and Vea have already been picked, then we need to trade out of the pick. Unless we have decided that either Nicholson or Swearinger needs to be a backup, drafting Fitz would be adding a player in the secondary when there are players that could help in the front seven. You cant simply say PBA trumps need, or you end up like the Lions drafting multiple high draft pick WRs when the line sucked.

Except WR wasn’t BPA until Megatron was there.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except WR wasn’t BPA until Megatron was there.

Well I have come to think BPA to a degree is a cop out for teams taking the flash pick over the guy who will best help their team in alot of cases. Think about it, when is the last time a team has said.. well the guy wasnt the best player on our board, but we took him because he was the best player that fit what we wanted to do and the team needed.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The debate is taking him over those 2 straight up after telling me that we can survive the ASS trade because we have 3 dbs who can replace fuller with no problem . It’s a fake taping point I am pointing out

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not like Fitz the Redskins need to draft Vea or Payne or trade down they need the picks badly

You build from the inside out. Not the outside in Build the Trenches
And thats the point. Fitz should be considered if Vea and Payne are off the board. But even then, if both are off the board, we should be trying to trade down. Fitz doesnt improve the weakest point on our defense. And while he might make the pro bowl and rookie of the year, Him getting Sports center props, with our defense still giving up 100+ yards rushing to Steven Hawkins... really doesnt do much for me.

See I disagree with both of you which isn’t saying either is right or wrong just think we should take he better player and not go by position of need with a lesser ranked player. Now if you feel Vea or Payne are better players then Fitz then I withdrawal my objections. However I see lots of experts saying Fitz is top 5 player in draft while the NTs are 15-20th ranked. When you draft for team need over best player available then you become the Browns. Now Fitz can play safety or corner and we just traded away both of those positions (not saying we really counted on Cravens starting). My point is take BPA and Fitz would be that and be a team need, just wouldn’t be top need.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The debate is taking him over those 2 straight up after telling me that we can survive the ASS trade because we have 3 dbs who can replace fuller with no problem . It’s a fake taping point I am pointing out

Where would you rank Fitzpatrick overall in draft and same with Payne & Vea?

I have Fitz at #5, Vea #16 & Payne #18.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I disagree with both of you which isn’t saying either is right or wrong just think we should take he better player and not go by position of need with a lesser ranked player. Now if you feel Vea or Payne are better players then Fitz then I withdrawal my objections. However I see lots of experts saying Fitz is top 5 player in draft while the NTs are 15-20th ranked. When you draft for team need over best player available then you become the Browns. Now Fitz can play safety or corner and we just traded away both of those positions (not saying we really counted on Cravens starting). My point is take BPA and Fitz would be that and be a team need, just wouldn’t be top need.

My experience is if everyone in a room thinks something is good there isn’t any thinking going on
Sherff should have taught us that lesson

I think the next hbadi nota type is better then the good hybrid

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well to clarify.. I feel that PAyne and Vea ARE better players who also happen to fit a more critical need. So bonus there. Look, I played Safety. So I dont discount the value of the position. My son played, as well as a few other family members who played on the collegiate level. And one hing I know for a fact is, a safety's best friend is a strong defensive line. Without it, I dont care if you got Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Darrell Green, and Darrell Revis in your secondary.... If you cant stop the run and get after the passer, a corner or safety can only cover so long. The best way to defend a pass is if the pass never makes it out of the QBs hand, or if he needs to throw it before the route develops.

I agree Fitz is rated as a top five player. But how many top five players have we seen drafted that had great individual seasons while the team as a whole sucked because they drafted based on national draft grades over whats best for the team??

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well to clarify.. I feel that PAyne and Vea ARE better players who also happen to fit a more critical need. So bonus there. Look, I played Safety. So I dont discount the value of the position. My son played, as well as a few other family members who played on the collegiate level. And one hing I know for a fact is, a safety's best friend is a strong defensive line. Without it, I dont care if you got Ed Reed, Sean Taylor, Darrell Green, and Darrell Revis in your secondary.... If you cant stop the run and get after the passer, a corner or safety can only cover so long. The best way to defend a pass is if the pass never makes it out of the QBs hand, or if he needs to throw it before the route develops.

I agree Fitz is rated as a top five player. But how many top five players have we seen drafted that had great individual seasons while the team as a whole sucked because they drafted based on national draft grades over whats best for the team??

I agree the better need is NT but I disagree with taking a lesser ranked player to fill a need especially when you can have your cake and eat it to with Fitz who is ranked higher and a team need.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the better need is NT but I disagree with taking a lesser ranked player to fill a need especially when you can have your cake and eat it to with Fitz who is ranked higher and a team need.

So I guess we just disagree on how players are being ranked.

Fitz is being ranked on the sports center impact scale.

I tend to go with the football impact scale. And I think while Fitz will rack up high lights, on this team he will be about as useful as Norman has been. Meaning he will have so unbelievable plays, but wont improve the defense.

Also happen to think PAyne and Vea are more than just an NT, they can play every position in the line, and the more talented the line, the less work the secondary should have to do.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James do not crack the top 10 on many boards, and most in the league believe they will be selected somewhere between picks 11 and 20." @TonyPauline burgundy.blog/TP

Of course Ritz , you can use my quote from above against me and be right about it :D

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you take the 2 best RB at 13 Guice then rest of draft bpa but vea wont be there i think raiders already said there taking Vea .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you take the 2 best RB at 13 Guice then rest of draft bpa but vea wont be there i think raiders already said there taking Vea .
the raiders havent said they are taking anyone and they would be fools to say that

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L Hi this is misinformation calling from the draft do you accept the charges :nono: