• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Jose Sharks Ongoing Buzz Thread

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like Hiller might be available, I think that would be a good trade moderate cap hit for a very solid starting goalie who's got some consistency to his game

On media day Ramo confirmed he will be testing the market. I can't see Calgary loosing both their goalies.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting reading about the Sharks choices in goalies lenher, talbot, ramo and Gibson. It'll probably be Michael Leighton lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wonder if the sharks are going to make a deal for Ryan Miller seeing how Lack has taken over

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hannan and Scott are not being offered contracts, im thinking this is a sign that Doug wilson might launch a couple of offer sheets in July1

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Q tip head Doug wilson is suggesting nemo might be back and he's willing to trade #9 overall this guy sucks lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unless it's for Jordan staal and skinner and he signs a dman worth a shit lol

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couture will be dealt

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The buy out of Burrish and no Scott or Hannan already makes this a better offseason than last year. Lol

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The buy out of Burrish and no Scott or Hannan already makes this a better offseason than last year. Lol
Hard to argue with that logic lol, however resigning Nemo likely with a no trade clause will offset that lol

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hard to argue with that logic lol, however resigning Nemo likely with a no trade clause will offset that lol

5 years at around $30M sounds right. LOL.
But yeah, just getting rid of the trash like Burish, Scott, and Hannan is a good start.
They have plenty of cap room and picks to really improve this team....time to make this a legit team again!

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yep, and adding brown to that trash heap would make it even better.

I have low low low expectations for this offseason. I expect little will happen, and we;ll see a very similar team to last year and likely similar result.

That said, dougie has been active most every draft, so you never know. That said, its hard for me to see a good deal happening as I would hate for them to trade the #9 pick for player now, and I dont see deadweight with value on the roster outside of patty and jumbo who arent moving. So, basically, I expect nothing.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's a good article about throwing out dual offer sheets at cap strapped teams like Boston and Chicago to land great RFAs That way you can throw out two mid tier offers at 3mill or whatever it is and it out cost you a second rounder

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's a good article about throwing out dual offer sheets at cap strapped teams like Boston and Chicago to land great RFAs That way you can throw out two mid tier offers at 3mill or whatever it is and it out cost you a second rounder

That's a fascinating idea! 3.6M offer only costs a 2nd, and that's not too much. be great to try to strategize to land Toffoli, Saad, or hamilton. Myabe Granlund out of minny or one of the NYR trio of hagelin, stepan, or miller.

Not sure how dougie can play it, but the cap certainly will affect those teams. I still have low low low expectations, but it would be nice to add a young piece for a low price. I would especially drool if they managed to add a young D in the likes of dougie hamilton. Is rundblad out of chi worth a 2nd rounder?

Any thoughts on Ian Cole or Beau Bennett out of Pitt. Tehy have 8 roster spots to fill and only about 13M to do it.

Any chance to steal Galchenyuk? MTL has just 5M in cap space, and needs Galchenyuk and 1 or two other players. Its tight for them...

I dont see any super obvious easy plucks, but maybe dougie can work something.

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as the 2015-2016 roster is void of Marleau & Nemo, I will watch...

With the NHL CBA (or whatever they call it), can Jimbo take a pay cut?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That's a fascinating idea! 3.6M offer only costs a 2nd, and that's not too much. be great to try to strategize to land Toffoli, Saad, or hamilton. Myabe Granlund out of minny or one of the NYR trio of hagelin, stepan, or miller.

Not sure how dougie can play it, but the cap certainly will affect those teams. I still have low low low expectations, but it would be nice to add a young piece for a low price. I would especially drool if they managed to add a young D in the likes of dougie hamilton. Is rundblad out of chi worth a 2nd rounder?

Any thoughts on Ian Cole or Beau Bennett out of Pitt. Tehy have 8 roster spots to fill and only about 13M to do it.

Any chance to steal Galchenyuk? MTL has just 5M in cap space, and needs Galchenyuk and 1 or two other players. Its tight for them...

I dont see any super obvious easy plucks, but maybe dougie can work something.
I wouldn't waste an offer sheet on Bennett, he's young and has potential but he hasn't put up numbers on a team that boost 2 off the best centers seen in decades. That's probably not a good sign.

Cole maybe just because good D men are so hard to come by. Ideally though I'd like too see Dwill target guys like Saad, Hamilton, or any 3 of the Rangers top players. Because the reward is so much higher, not to mention all those guys are around the same age as couture and vlasic. Instant core rebuild with players in their physical prime.

Oh on Galchenyuk, I don't think he'd fit into the Sharks style of play, but if he went to a team like the red wings he would flourish