• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

San Jose Sharks Ongoing Buzz Thread

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yes: Well Boys the END is here and nobody gives a flying monkey butt fuck about it :clap:

:suds: Another great effort from everybody on our board. Have a great Spring and Summer everyone.

:suds: Until we meet again fellow Shark fans, Adios!

Let the fabulous off-season begin, because nothing will surprise me about the Sharks from now on.:noidea:

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cheers!
To better seasons in the future.

bdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish it were easy for people to open up their eyes and boycott going to games and stop handing money to this buillshit franchise right now. Then maybe absent minded Hasso would sell the team or fire Dbag Wilson or hopefully both. Getting real sick of this Hasso fool NOT DOING ANYTHING TO HELP THIS ORGANIZATION!

I bet you anything that Doug Wilson won't get shit canned and that's the toughest pill to swallow

FUCK :mad2:

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At least they lost today to stay in the top 10 in the draft. I think they will be 9th overall (as they have more ROW than CLB). This is the summer that will be the most important to determine the next 5-10 years. Having a top 10 pick. likely changing coach, possibly GM, possibly shipping the two faces of the franchise and officially, one and for all, passing the torch to the next batch.

Either this is will be the complete remake of the franchise, OR it will linger in purgatory for many years. Last summer was the most important in sharks history. They received a giant F grade leading to a lost season, a pissed off fan base, the sellout streak ending, and the regression of the entire roster (other than Pavs I guess). Hopefully the top brass, be that Hasso or Dougie, will realize that little tweaks, adding a goon or two, and a few letters on the chest isnt gunna cut it this time.

Hopefully, this summer, the transition will be swift, decisive, and clear. The big two have to go. Tmac has to go. Dougie either has to make those moves well, or otherwise he has to go as well. If they pull off this summer well, then they could realistically be back in the PO's next year and for another decade after. Take the top 10 pick, add 2 more 1st rounders for the big two, take the saved cash and add some late 20's UFA's on D and O, and then pass the C to pavelski or couture, and they will compete next year for a spot. They still have a very good young core in hertl, nieto, karlsson, wingels, couture, and Tierney up front as well as vlasic and braun on D. Add in cooch, burns, and pavelski and this roster isnt that far from contending. They just need to sign one or two UFA forwards and one or two UFA Dmen, and they will be right back in it after accumulating a giants pool of picks and prospects in the thornton and marleau deals.

I, for one, will be glued to this summer's action. If the two are indeed moved and the return is solid, I will be budding with optimism. If it's a repeat of last summer, then I will be completely tuned out. I guess we'll see in a few months...

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sharks hold the 9th overall pick right now. Their lottery odds are 5% to pick 1st overall, 83% to pick 9th overall, 12% to pick 10th overall.

If they remain in the 9th or 10th spot I'm hoping they draft one of Werenski, Barzal, or Provorov.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah, I was hoping for werensky. I like how the NCAA develops players, and most importantly, how they develop D which tend to take longer. Playing against older players is much harder and I think accelerates development. Also, drafting out of the NCAA gives the sharks a few years before having to make a move to pro, which allows them to prep the guys better, while the CHL is pretty much one year before having to turn pro. I like forwards out of the CHL but D out of college, unless the talent is just overwhelming.

If they do move the big two, I hope they do so prior to the draft and add 1st rounders. Seems like there may be some good quality later in the 1st round as well. For the sharks, I see this draft as having D as the priority. I don't know if bergman is really developing that well, and beyond him, the cupboard is rather bare as brodzinsky, ausmus, and ever mueller havent looked all that promising. Really, the sharks have still several potential good young forwards coming up soon in chartier, goldobin, lebanc, O'Regan, Sadowy, and even Rod. Not to mention the large sub 25 contingent I listed before that has already made it to the NHL and proven productive. The big problem this year was primarily on D, and dougie (or whoever) would be wise to make D a major focus. More specifically, two-way Dmen as they have enough mobile defensive guys like pickles, Braun, and mueller but they need real two-way Dmen in the likes of Doughty, Keith, etc. Adding some good two-way D would also allow Burns to move up, as he should. I hope they go all in on D this year and spend 4 or 5 of their draft picks on D with big offensive upside.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wish it were easy for people to open up their eyes and boycott going to games and stop handing money to this buillshit franchise right now. Then maybe absent minded Hasso would sell the team or fire Dbag Wilson or hopefully both. Getting real sick of this Hasso fool NOT DOING ANYTHING TO HELP THIS ORGANIZATION!

I bet you anything that Doug Wilson won't get shit canned and that's the toughest pill to swallow

FUCK :mad2:
Yeah that doesn't work, fans stop showing up and forking over money team stops spending money, on ice product gets worse franchise makes less money then relocates

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
At least they lost today to stay in the top 10 in the draft. I think they will be 9th overall (as they have more ROW than CLB). This is the summer that will be the most important to determine the next 5-10 years. Having a top 10 pick. likely changing coach, possibly GM, possibly shipping the two faces of the franchise and officially, one and for all, passing the torch to the next batch.

Either this is will be the complete remake of the franchise, OR it will linger in purgatory for many years. Last summer was the most important in sharks history. They received a giant F grade leading to a lost season, a pissed off fan base, the sellout streak ending, and the regression of the entire roster (other than Pavs I guess). Hopefully the top brass, be that Hasso or Dougie, will realize that little tweaks, adding a goon or two, and a few letters on the chest isnt gunna cut it this time.

Hopefully, this summer, the transition will be swift, decisive, and clear. The big two have to go. Tmac has to go. Dougie either has to make those moves well, or otherwise he has to go as well. If they pull off this summer well, then they could realistically be back in the PO's next year and for another decade after. Take the top 10 pick, add 2 more 1st rounders for the big two, take the saved cash and add some late 20's UFA's on D and O, and then pass the C to pavelski or couture, and they will compete next year for a spot. They still have a very good young core in hertl, nieto, karlsson, wingels, couture, and Tierney up front as well as vlasic and braun on D. Add in cooch, burns, and pavelski and this roster isnt that far from contending. They just need to sign one or two UFA forwards and one or two UFA Dmen, and they will be right back in it after accumulating a giants pool of picks and prospects in the thornton and marleau deals.

I, for one, will be glued to this summer's action. If the two are indeed moved and the return is solid, I will be budding with optimism. If it's a repeat of last summer, then I will be completely tuned out. I guess we'll see in a few months...
I don't know why you think Tmac has to go he's widely considered one of the best coaches in the league and you aren't going to find a better replacement out there unless you get Babcock which is about as good as the Sharks getting 1st overall in the draft, bitch and whine about it all you want but marleau and Thornton are going no where with those contracts they have.

Wilson as much as I have liked what he's done really fucked up with the whole Thornton thing he pretty much sealed the deal with no high profile UFAs wanting to come to San Jose , that was really toxic. So if anyone gets canned it's likely to be wilson or tmac but only because Tmac would be the scapegoat

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I don't know why you think Tmac has to go he's widely considered one of the best coaches in the league and you aren't going to find a better replacement out there unless you get Babcock which is about as good as the Sharks getting 1st overall in the draft, bitch and whine about it all you want but marleau and Thornton are going no where with those contracts they have.

Wilson as much as I have liked what he's done really fucked up with the whole Thornton thing he pretty much sealed the deal with no high profile UFAs wanting to come to San Jose , that was really toxic. So if anyone gets canned it's likely to be wilson or tmac but only because Tmac would be the scapegoat

I dont hate Tmac, and I think he's done a marvelous job in integrating young players into the sharks. That said, he hasnt gotten a consistent effort and the PK never got fixed in several months. Ultimately, the coach is responsible for good strategy and trying to get consistency. He failed at both. Much of that is the players of course, but Todd hasnt gotten the job done. I dont hate him, but I cant see him staying...

The big two may be staying. You might be right. But, Im honestly not sure. The sharks arent a cup contender right now. If either wants a cup, they'd do better to bolt. If both just want to collect a paycheck and keep living in the sunny bay area, then you are right. patty this season sure looked like the latter. Jumbo was OK this year, but both of them no longer fit into the organization. The contracts the big two have are totally reasonable and I have no doubt that there would be multiple teams lineed up willing to add them. Patty had a down year, but prior to that, he had 30+ goals in 5 of 6 years (an injury stopping him the other year). Teams would want him. Jumbo is still a great puck possesses and amongst the top in the league in assists. Teams would line up. Obviously the NTC's give them both all the leverage, but a good GM could still move them.

I agree on Wilson fucking up. He's really fucked up the entire last year from the LA series loss to today. He has added dumbly (scott? really?), and not subtracted as needed. That said, he has drafted reasonably well, added good prospect UFA's like Karlsson, and iced a competitive roster for over a decade. I believe his #1 directive this summer has to be the big two, and if he moves them well, I have no problem keeping him. Hell, I have no problem keeping TMac if the big two go since the old guard would be gone, and the franchise can focus truly on the future.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont hate Tmac, and I think he's done a marvelous job in integrating young players into the sharks. That said, he hasnt gotten a consistent effort and the PK never got fixed in several months. Ultimately, the coach is responsible for good strategy and trying to get consistency. He failed at both. Much of that is the players of course, but Todd hasnt gotten the job done. I dont hate him, but I cant see him staying...

The big two may be staying. You might be right. But, Im honestly not sure. The sharks arent a cup contender right now. If either wants a cup, they'd do better to bolt. If both just want to collect a paycheck and keep living in the sunny bay area, then you are right. patty this season sure looked like the latter. Jumbo was OK this year, but both of them no longer fit into the organization. The contracts the big two have are totally reasonable and I have no doubt that there would be multiple teams lineed up willing to add them. Patty had a down year, but prior to that, he had 30+ goals in 5 of 6 years (an injury stopping him the other year). Teams would want him. Jumbo is still a great puck possesses and amongst the top in the league in assists. Teams would line up. Obviously the NTC's give them both all the leverage, but a good GM could still move them.

I agree on Wilson fucking up. He's really fucked up the entire last year from the LA series loss to today. He has added dumbly (scott? really?), and not subtracted as needed. That said, he has drafted reasonably well, added good prospect UFA's like Karlsson, and iced a competitive roster for over a decade. I believe his #1 directive this summer has to be the big two, and if he moves them well, I have no problem keeping him. Hell, I have no problem keeping TMac if the big two go since the old guard would be gone, and the franchise can focus truly on the future.
You can't put entire blame on TMac for the PK thats largely a personnel issue, how many times were Vlasic and Braun out this year he was left with burns,Hannan, Irwin and players of that ilk on the PK that by far was a bigger issue then coaching, if you don't have the parts you can be Scotty bowman your game is still going to suck. This also is excluding the fact that Nemo single handedly lost atleast 15 games on his own. That's the ou fault i put on Tmac is that he refused to give stalock a legit shot when it was clear that Nemo was giving away games

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can't put entire blame on TMac for the PK thats largely a personnel issue, how many times were Vlasic and Braun out this year he was left with burns,Hannan, Irwin and players of that ilk on the PK that by far was a bigger issue then coaching, if you don't have the parts you can be Scotty bowman your game is still going to suck. This also is excluding the fact that Nemo single handedly lost atleast 15 games on his own. That's the ou fault i put on Tmac is that he refused to give stalock a legit shot when it was clear that Nemo was giving away games

I agree with you largely that the personnel was a big part. That said, I thought the PK looked disorganized, unaggressive and just largely unsure of what to do. That was partly personnel, but it was also a major failure of coaching. A good coach can make a reasonable PK with any set a players. Maybe not #1, but at least middle of the pack. The sharks were something like 65-70% in the last few months. That's both players and coaching.

Agreed on Stalock. Not sure it would have made a giant difference, but for the franchise, giving alex a real chance was key. Now they dont know what they have and will have some serious questions going forward at that position.

I also thought the Burns-to-D move was incredibly dumb. I know this might have been a DW not TM thing, but either way, it was a tremendously stupid move. Burns sucks in his own zone and his physicality and great shot wreak havok on opposition D. He is a much better forward and I think his switching to D was a big reason for the giant uptick in goals against. I would rather have had Dougie give Fedun a chance, or use some of the free cash to add a defenseman in the offseason. Either way, that moved obviously also backfired.

There were lots of failures this season up and down the org. Having no captain all year left a serious leadership gap, while pissing off jumbo. Todd could have fixed that by slapping it on pavs. Marleau looked wholly disinterested all season. the chemistry seemed off. The D was confused and clearly lacking. The goaltending was up and down. The whole organization just took a giants step backward.

Something major needs to change. Either the big two or Todd has to go because something with the on-ice product needs to change. Ditching DW but keeping todd and the big two leaves very few options for a new GM. The sharks have 50M committed next year, which leaves maybe 20M in space. However, they need to resign karlsson, possibly dillon (though dealing him is fine with me), and find another goalie and two other D along with a few depth forwards. That's not gunna leave much space for major moves.

In other words, either the big two have to go, todd has to go, or the team will look and act largely the same as this year, no matter who is GM.

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I agree w you on all this. The coach is definitely not the problem, and I think he's one of the best in the business too.
I always thought Wilson did a good job, up until how he handled last off season....all that talk, and they did nothing to make this team better. He's always done well with trades, but never once signed an impact FA, and they had the cap space to do something. If he stays, it'll be the same this off season.
The window for the "core" of the team is closed. Thornton and Marleau are still good players, even though Patty was bad this season, and it's time to move on from them and go another direction. If they both come back next season....expect it to look a lot like this season.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree with you largely that the personnel was a big part. That said, I thought the PK looked disorganized, unaggressive and just largely unsure of what to do. That was partly personnel, but it was also a major failure of coaching. A good coach can make a reasonable PK with any set a players. Maybe not #1, but at least middle of the pack. The sharks were something like 65-70% in the last few months. That's both players and coaching.

Agreed on Stalock. Not sure it would have made a giant difference, but for the franchise, giving alex a real chance was key. Now they dont know what they have and will have some serious questions going forward at that position.

I also thought the Burns-to-D move was incredibly dumb. I know this might have been a DW not TM thing, but either way, it was a tremendously stupid move. Burns sucks in his own zone and his physicality and great shot wreak havok on opposition D. He is a much better forward and I think his switching to D was a big reason for the giant uptick in goals against. I would rather have had Dougie give Fedun a chance, or use some of the free cash to add a defenseman in the offseason. Either way, that moved obviously also backfired.

There were lots of failures this season up and down the org. Having no captain all year left a serious leadership gap, while pissing off jumbo. Todd could have fixed that by slapping it on pavs. Marleau looked wholly disinterested all season. the chemistry seemed off. The D was confused and clearly lacking. The goaltending was up and down. The whole organization just took a giants step backward.

Something major needs to change. Either the big two or Todd has to go because something with the on-ice product needs to change. Ditching DW but keeping todd and the big two leaves very few options for a new GM. The sharks have 50M committed next year, which leaves maybe 20M in space. However, they need to resign karlsson, possibly dillon (though dealing him is fine with me), and find another goalie and two other D along with a few depth forwards. That's not gunna leave much space for major moves.

In other words, either the big two have to go, todd has to go, or the team will look and act largely the same as this year, no matter who is GM.

I think this is the first time I've ever seen anyone say having a 60 point dman is dumb. You guys who want Burns as a forward don't seem to realize just how much he meant to the team on the back end. Burns will not stay healthy playing the way he does as a forward and a 60 point dman that plays 80 games and logs 23+ minutes is far more important to a team than a forward who will, if they are lucky, get 60 games and 50 points. Burns' comparative analytics were damn near record breaking. Every regular forward on every line for the Sharks, even Scott, averaged more time in the offensive zone than their counter part on the other team when Burns was on the ice even during defensive zone starts. The forwards Corsi skyrocketed as did their Fenwick. Every forward was a positive in scoring chances for/against for the year with Burns on the ice. If they choose to move Burns back to forward, which I'm sure they will discuss it, and don't trade Thornton you are going to see a sizable drop in even strength scoring from the other three lines and this team has enough trouble scoring at ES as it is. Something else to consider if you want Thornton traded is Burns is not an effective forward when he isn't on Thornton's wing. We saw it last year. He was a ghost when moved away from Thornton.

The Captain thing was a battle between what Wilson wanted and what McClellan and the players wanted. I think it was a Kurz report that said Wilson wanted the C slapped on Pavelski at the start of the season but the players and coach wanted Thornton to keep it. The end result was the alternating A's that we saw. There seems to be a rift between McLellan and Wilson which is why I think McLellan is likely to end up taking the fall. McLellan was also very outspoken in support of Thornton during the Wilson/Thornton fiasco.

As much as I like the kid and hoped he'd do well the fact of the matter is Stalock is not part of the team's future plans. He hasn't been the same player after his leg injury. If he stays with the team next year he will be the back up again for whomever else they bring in. Stalock or Niemi it wouldn't have made any difference this season. Not with as bad as the team if front of them were playing.

Outside of McLellan possibly being fired and a new starting goalie I don't see any other major changes moving off the current roster. I think Wilson will try to pry a young forward and young dman from teams that are cap strapped. If Wilson is able to get two good young players for relatively cheep and not make any dumb signings like Scott or Hannan I will consider the offseason a success.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great knowledge again Cmon. :thumb:

I agree that Burns is more effective on defense and should stay on defense.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson to address media on Wednesday.......... :gaah: can't wait to hear more B.S!

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think this is the first time I've ever seen anyone say having a 60 point dman is dumb. You guys who want Burns as a forward don't seem to realize just how much he meant to the team on the back end. Burns will not stay healthy playing the way he does as a forward and a 60 point dman that plays 80 games and logs 23+ minutes is far more important to a team than a forward who will, if they are lucky, get 60 games and 50 points. Burns' comparative analytics were damn near record breaking. Every regular forward on every line for the Sharks, even Scott, averaged more time in the offensive zone than their counter part on the other team when Burns was on the ice even during defensive zone starts. The forwards Corsi skyrocketed as did their Fenwick. Every forward was a positive in scoring chances for/against for the year with Burns on the ice. If they choose to move Burns back to forward, which I'm sure they will discuss it, and don't trade Thornton you are going to see a sizable drop in even strength scoring from the other three lines and this team has enough trouble scoring at ES as it is. Something else to consider if you want Thornton traded is Burns is not an effective forward when he isn't on Thornton's wing. We saw it last year. He was a ghost when moved away from Thornton.

The Captain thing was a battle between what Wilson wanted and what McClellan and the players wanted. I think it was a Kurz report that said Wilson wanted the C slapped on Pavelski at the start of the season but the players and coach wanted Thornton to keep it. The end result was the alternating A's that we saw. There seems to be a rift between McLellan and Wilson which is why I think McLellan is likely to end up taking the fall. McLellan was also very outspoken in support of Thornton during the Wilson/Thornton fiasco.

As much as I like the kid and hoped he'd do well the fact of the matter is Stalock is not part of the team's future plans. He hasn't been the same player after his leg injury. If he stays with the team next year he will be the back up again for whomever else they bring in. Stalock or Niemi it wouldn't have made any difference this season. Not with as bad as the team if front of them were playing.

Outside of McLellan possibly being fired and a new starting goalie I don't see any other major changes moving off the current roster. I think Wilson will try to pry a young forward and young dman from teams that are cap strapped. If Wilson is able to get two good young players for relatively cheep and not make any dumb signings like Scott or Hannan I will consider the offseason a success.
I don't think anyone thinks it's bad to having a 60 point dman. But the visuals of him constantly coughing the puck up in his own zone and habitually being caught out of position and getting turned inside out has a lot to do with it. I'm fairly indifferent about it, I like him on the point on the PP he's just such a wildcard back there with a booming shot and his ability to slide in low for the backdoor play. I understand that's the risk with burns on D and kind of expect it, it's no different then having mike green on defense if you ask me.

As for stalock he's much more of a skating goalie and obviously the injury hurt that to a degree, but it also looks like the goaltending coaches are trying to change his game too, especially on his downside recoveries. He looks awkward doing it and I think that effects his game too. I think they should just let him play his game and see where it goes. As for Groesnick, he reminds a lot of how Ryan miller plays its almost creepy becUse they look so similar, that being said I hope he's mentally tougher then Miller then the Sharks might have a steal on their hands.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

I havent checked all the analytics, admittedly, but I still dont think burns on D was a good move. Yes he got lots of points. Yes, he played lots of minutes. he was also a -9, 2nd worst among all D. He also was horrible on the PK. He also took 30 minor penalties, most on the team. He also couldnt throw around his weight on the forecheck which was a big part of his game last year.

To me, the sharks needed him up front, and needed a real replacement for boyle, which burns is not. Perhaps it was a "damned if you do, damned if you dont" situation where they were gunna suck either way, but Burns' transition to forward revolutionized the team when they first did it, and I still see that as where he is best used.

You might well be rigth about jumbo-burns having to team up, but I am not sold what will happen if patty and jumbo are gone. Its a leap of faith in a way, and the sharks could fall like a stone to the bottom of the league without them. However, even if they do, I feel that's preferred to trying to scratch out a PO spot, failing to do so, and also not adding the young pieces need to compete not for the PO's, but for a cup a few years down the line. Id rather give the young kids a real shot, rather than have patty and jumbo keep eating all the PP time and thwarting the development. Might they suck miserably? yep. But, I'll take my chances and with the right coach, I could see them compete nicely even without those two, if the money was used wisely.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't think anyone thinks it's bad to having a 60 point dman. But the visuals of him constantly coughing the puck up in his own zone and habitually being caught out of position and getting turned inside out has a lot to do with it. I'm fairly indifferent about it, I like him on the point on the PP he's just such a wildcard back there with a booming shot and his ability to slide in low for the backdoor play. I understand that's the risk with burns on D and kind of expect it, it's no different then having mike green on defense if you ask me.

As for stalock he's much more of a skating goalie and obviously the injury hurt that to a degree, but it also looks like the goaltending coaches are trying to change his game too, especially on his downside recoveries. He looks awkward doing it and I think that effects his game too. I think they should just let him play his game and see where it goes. As for Groesnick, he reminds a lot of how Ryan miller plays its almost creepy becUse they look so similar, that being said I hope he's mentally tougher then Miller then the Sharks might have a steal on their hands.

Burns' turnovers were something that I too regularly complained about early on in the season. They were really bad at the start of the year but by about the 50 game mark he started to cut down those turnovers. Over the last 25 games of the season his turnovers were right on par with other offensive dmen. And his defense isn't as bad as some make it out to be. It's not good, that's for sure, but it's not the gigantic catastrophe some make it out to be. He's better defensively than players like Mike Green and Justin Schultz. Two players I often see people say they want the Sharks to acquire.

Groesnick was passed by Aaron Dell on the Sharks goalie depth chart as the season progressed this year and none of Groesnick, Dell, or Stalock are ready to be a starter in the NHL. Yzerman and the Tampa front office are really high on Vasilevskiy and believe he will be ready for the starting job next season. If that's the case I hope Wilson could pry Bishop from them.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Burns' turnovers were something that I too regularly complained about early on in the season. They were really bad at the start of the year but by about the 50 game mark he started to cut down those turnovers. Over the last 25 games of the season his turnovers were right on par with other offensive dmen. And his defense isn't as bad as some make it out to be. It's not good, that's for sure, but it's not the gigantic catastrophe some make it out to be. He's better defensively than players like Mike Green and Justin Schultz. Two players I often see people say they want the Sharks to acquire.

Groesnick was passed by Aaron Dell on the Sharks goalie depth chart as the season progressed this year and none of Groesnick, Dell, or Stalock are ready to be a starter in the NHL. Yzerman and the Tampa front office are really high on Vasilevskiy and believe he will be ready for the starting job next season. If that's the case I hope Wilson could pry Bishop from them.
I don't see Tampa letting bishop go for a rookie, unless they are pressed for cap space. I wouldn't mind seeing bishop in teal though he could actually cover up a lot of the D's mistakes. Only issue is when he slows down its going to be a lot like Mike smith and it's going to be pretty

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yep, giant questions at Goaltending and really no pretty solution. I definitely do not want ot sharks to give up valuable assets to add a goalie though. How is Bergvik looking? I havent followed him much...

As for Burns, id agree that he improved, but still not sufficient for my liking to overshadow what he brings to the forwards. I still feel like focusing on boosting the D corps through the draft or trades for sub-25 Dmen, or signing sub 28 UFA's is what I would prefer and then moving burns back up.

At the end of the day, for me at least, if the big two are here in september and there were only a few minor tweaks like adding one Dman or a depth forward or something, then it really doesnt much matter the rest.