• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints vs Lions

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this game worked out great for the 49ers. The defense got a live performance from 1st half to the 2nd half about how important it is to cause turnovers, and not miss opportunities of turnovers.

1st half with the fumbles, the Lions were winning... and then 2nd half the Lions were missing their opportunities to cause a turnover and got blown out.

Really, could we have asked for a better reminder that if you screw up against the Saints by either leaving guys wide open, missing tackles, and dropping interceptions you'll end up getting blown out?

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well we got our work cut out for us...NOLA is "en fuego" and them keeping their hot streak going may be of benefit to them.

We will see if this defense is for real. At least with GB there is no significant rushing threat...am I the only one thinking this is a tougher match up? Even with homefield?

DET definitely left some INTs on the field...49er will not be so gracious.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the biggest key is keeping brees on the sidelines. short passes, run the ball and hit vernon on some bombs. i think we can abuse the middle of the field with vernon if we can stop the saints from blitzing all the time.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we got our work cut out for us...NOLA is "en fuego" and them keeping their hot streak going may be of benefit to them.

We will see if this defense is for real. At least with GB there is no significant rushing threat...am I the only one thinking this is a tougher match up? Even with homefield?

I'd agree, the Saints are tougher because they have a real rushing attack, and Sproles is scary with those screen passes. When comparing them to the Packers. The good thing is, Drew Brees seems to throw a lot of balls that can be intercepted, our guys in the secondary just need to catch them when Brees gives them a chance for a pick.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
the biggest key is keeping brees on the sidelines. short passes, run the ball and hit vernon on some bombs. i think we can abuse the middle of the field with vernon if we can stop the saints from blitzing all the time.

Yeah...a little payback from the pre-season game...or should we say thank you?

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Agreed! They are reminding me of a few of the 49ers teams of the 80's (especially '89)...

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions still don't have a good defense otherwise they probably win that game. They missed a lot of tackles and never really got pressure on Brees to force him out of rhythm. They will have a harder time with us especially away from their Dome.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't there bad blood between Payton and JH?