• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints signing Meredith to an offer sheet

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before an injured player is signed by another team,such as Meredith,I thought it was a rule that these players had to take a physical...........

And is today the last day we get a chance to sign him........?
I think we have until at least Tuesday or perhaps Wednesday. Not sure of the exact date Meredith signed the offer sheet. I think it was on the 6th, which would allow us thru Wednesday to match the offer. Why Pace hasn't already matched is a bit perplexing.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have until at least Tuesday or perhaps Wednesday. Not sure of the exact date Meredith signed the offer sheet. I think it was on the 6th, which would allow us thru Wednesday to match the offer. Why Pace hasn't already matched is a bit perplexing.
He waited until the last day on fuller as well. I bet we hear something on the last day.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be May 8th. Not April 8th. That's how I read it. Definitely not today, though.

2018 Important NFL Dates | NFL Football Operations

May 8 Deadline for prior club to send “May 8 Tender” to its unsigned Unrestricted Free Agents. If the player has not signed a player contract with a club by July 23 or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later, he may negotiate or sign a player contract from that date until the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, at 4:00 p.m., New York time, only with his prior club.

I kinda read as the Bears have till May 8th to send a contract to Meredith if no one has actually signed him..........That's my best guess............I would tend to think that the saints would want Meredith in their organization asap............That would keep the Bears/other teams from waiting till the deadline ends.....

Kinda like the Jags waiting for us to sign a-Rob on the 8th of may.........What good would that be for us if he had to wait......?........That would seem dumb.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May 8 Deadline for prior club to send “May 8 Tender” to its unsigned Unrestricted Free Agents. If the player has not signed a player contract with a club by July 23 or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later, he may negotiate or sign a player contract from that date until the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, at 4:00 p.m., New York time, only with his prior club.

I kinda read as the Bears have till May 8th to send a contract to Meredith if no one has actually signed him..........That's my best guess............I would tend to think that the saints would want Meredith in their organization asap............That would keep the Bears/other teams from waiting till the deadline ends.....

Kinda like the Jags waiting for us to sign a-Rob on the 8th of may.........What good would that be for us if he had to wait......?........That would seem dumb.

We have a full week. Which is tomorrow, I believe. I posted a link to the info above.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a lot of confusion as to the deadline date for matching the Saints offer. It's definitely tomorrow (Wednesday). We have until then to either match or let Meredith move on. I'm 100% for matching and I'll be shocked if Pace doesn't. There will need to be a lot of splainin' to do if that happens.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would make the Bears look like penny pinchers if they let Meredith go over refusing to give him a 2nd round tender.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, the Bears are not going to match the offer the Saints gave to Meredith, according to the USA Today. This is a real surprise, a real surprise.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got my paddle out for today if Pace fucked this up.
mCMDWPs.gif

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get to paddlin!! I just can't see why Pace would not match what really turned out to be a rather paltry offer that the Saints gave Meredith. Maybe we'll learn down the road he's not quite 100%, I can't think of any other reason why they declined.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well as the news starts to filter out from the local rags, it appears that the Bears are not convinced Meredith is 100% back from his injury. No direct quotes from any Bears staffer, so at this point it's conjecture. But at least it makes sense, I can't see any other reason Pace would have let him walk away uncompensated.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he's healthy and is playing in 2018, then I'd call it more like completely stupid. But I'll try to keep an open mind here and say if he does show that's he's not fully back, then I'll give Pace and staff some props.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"A source told ESPN's Adam Schefter that the Bears' call was mainly a medical decision as Meredith is coming off a torn ACL and MCL, and the team was hesitant to commit that much money to a player coming off such a serious knee injury."

They just guaranteed $25 million to a guy with similar stats, that's coming off a torn ACL???

Maybe the MCL was the deciding factor, but damn, seems Meredith STILL would've been a bargain at that price, and with Robinson on the team, they could've allowed him to sit and fully recover if needed.

As much attrition as they've experienced at the WR position the last few years, you would think it would be a no-brainer. Maybe I'm missing something with the contracts??

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First head scratching move by Pace this off season. :noidea: