• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Saints Release Junior Galette

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider, I'm a bit stunned. Star players like Galette usually get a lot more leeway than the bottom-of-the-roster scrubs...

What does 'Who Dat Nation' think of all this?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This place is a ghost town!

C'mon Saints fans- where you at?!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As an outsider, I'm a bit stunned. Star players like Galette usually get a lot more leeway than the bottom-of-the-roster scrubs...

What does 'Who Dat Nation' think of all this?

Serious trouble brewing in NO if this article has any real merit.

The Introduction to the End in New Orleans

The cap is the cap so that part of the article is legit imo.

Galette is just part of it story, his actions were part of it (reason released, but his contract will probably be a negative factor for at least 2 more years which brings you to the end of the current Brees contract.

I've long viewed Payton as one of the best play callers in the game and he had an excellent trigger man in Brees to execute. Losing Galette is a big deal, but if the cap situation forces them to part ways with Keenan Lewis and other key vets...the Saints could be heading south whereas I think ATL and TB have bottomed out already and heading north.

We're hearing that Loomis is going to squeeze every win he can out of Brees' current deal and be ready to move on after the '16 season

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
saints finally won a playoff game and then won a superbowl title in my lifetime....im good if they have to clean house and begin again.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um we're over on our official forums. We got rid of a locker room cancer. None of us but a choice few hate the move and we have done everything in the locker room this offseason to see to it we show up this season. Also, we drafted a guy who had 19 sacks last year and we drafted also the unquestioned leader on defense from Clemson. We'll only take a cap hit but not as much because it was after June 1.

Outsiders hate our moves but we don't.

And steeler I don't know why you came in here considering you're coming off a 6-10 season.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um we're over on our official forums. We got rid of a locker room cancer. None of us but a choice few hate the move and we have done everything in the locker room this offseason to see to it we show up this season. Also, we drafted a guy who had 19 sacks last year and we drafted also the unquestioned leader on defense from Clemson. We'll only take a cap hit but not as much because it was after June 1.

Outsiders hate our moves but we don't.

And steeler I don't know why you came in here considering you're coming off a 6-10 season.
Wow, man, you're a little touchy, hey?

1.) Um, where are these "official forums" and who decided that they were official? There's lots of forums out there, and I'd love to check out any that are particularly active, but I don't see any reason you need to be a dick about it.

2.) I never suggested that I hated the move, not even a little bit. I just expressed my surprise, was all. I definitely think the Saints made the right move.

I just came here to talk some Saints football because I really like the Saints. My brother-in-law is from NOLA and is a huge fan, so I watch a lot of their games when we hang out. The Lions board here on the Hoop is hoppin', so I was surprised that this one wasn't. But then again we don't have any official forums, so maybe that's why we use this one instead? But for what it's worth you're a terrible ambassador for Saint's nation- another team's fan shows up wanting to talk about your team and you're immediate reaction is to be a dick, how come? Don't be so defensive, man, not everyone with questions about your team is trolling you guys...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anyone have a link to the official forums referenced above?

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not being a d!ck to you, I was being one to steeleratl who clearly came here to rub it in being he's a falcons fan and I got irritated. However, I would not say I am a terrible ambassador but what do you expect when our fanbase for a few years now has been trashed by so many opposing team fans. So we do get a little defensive and I'm sure others will too if they were here.

The official saints forums are Saints Report and Black&Gold, where I post mainly.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was not being a d!ck to you, I was being one to steeleratl who clearly came here to rub it in being he's a falcons fan and I got irritated. However, I would not say I am a terrible ambassador but what do you expect when our fanbase for a few years now has been trashed by so many opposing team fans. So we do get a little defensive and I'm sure others will too if they were here.

The official saints forums are Saints Report and Black&Gold, where I post mainly.
I'll check them out then.

And as to getting defensive towards other fans coming onto your forums and talking shit at you guys? Just remember that you guys have a more recent Super Bowl ring than 90% of the teams in the NFL right now...

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we do but when we bring that up it is followed by "because you cheated" or "my team has more rings than you".