• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

S&W Shield

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. A buddy of mine picked one of these up (9mm) the other day because of the $75 rebate and I had a chance to shoot one extensively. He dropped it off at the house and told me to check it out. He should have known better because "check it out" sounds like "put 500 rounds though it" to me haha.

I've shot them before but never running drills and never to this extent. I came away shocked at how well the gun handled. I wasn't as good as I am with my P-07 but it was pretty close. And this gun is a lot smaller. Still not sure about going from 15-16 rounds to 9-10 but... wow. I'm seriously thinking about picking one of these up. With the $75 rebate you can basically get one out the door right now for around $250. Which just seems INSANE.

Really thinking I'm going to order one. At $250 what can it hurt?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So. A buddy of mine picked one of these up (9mm) the other day because of the $75 rebate and I had a chance to shoot one extensively. He dropped it off at the house and told me to check it out. He should have known better because "check it out" sounds like "put 500 rounds though it" to me haha.

I've shot them before but never running drills and never to this extent. I came away shocked at how well the gun handled. I wasn't as good as I am with my P-07 but it was pretty close. And this gun is a lot smaller. Still not sure about going from 15-16 rounds to 9-10 but... wow. I'm seriously thinking about picking one of these up. With the $75 rebate you can basically get one out the door right now for around $250. Which just seems INSANE.

I say scoop it up, especially at that price, I paid right at $400 for mine 2 or 3 years ago. I love the damn thing. I've put 50 to 100 rounds through it damn near every Tuesday since I bought it and the only hiccups I've had out of it were a couple FTE's from some cheap factory reman shit like the 2nd time I took it to the range. It's also very easy to conceal no matter what you're wearing.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say scoop it up, especially at that price, I paid right at $400 for mine 2 or 3 years ago. I love the damn thing. I've put 50 to 100 rounds through it damn near every Tuesday since I bought it and the only hiccups I've had out of it were a couple FTE's from some cheap factory reman shit like the 2nd time I took it to the range. It's also very easy to conceal no matter what you're wearing.
Good to hear. I don't have much problem concealing a larger handgun like the P-07 but it does drag on me sometimes. If something more comfortable can get the job done, why not?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bought it.

MFG# 10035 (9mm, No TS). $245 after rebate @ Palmetto State Armory.
Damn, that's a good price. My wife just recently got her conceal carry permit and I was gonna pick her up a little .380 or something but at that price I think she'll be getting a 9mm. She doesn't mine shooting mine so it should work out good.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This firearm is my EDC and I absolutely love it. the 8 + 1 is really plenty of ammo as long as you have access to the additional mag.

I have several hundred rounds through mine and can say it's only had 2 F2F issues and that was from old, very wet range ammo as we were caught shooting in a pretty hard rain.

I paid $375 for mine a couple of years ago so the price you can get it is a steal in my opinion.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that's a good price. My wife just recently got her conceal carry permit and I was gonna pick her up a little .380 or something but at that price I think she'll be getting a 9mm. She doesn't mine shooting mine so it should work out good.
I'm not a 380 guy but I understand it if the size limitations are needed. The bodyguard 380 from S&W has a rebate too right now. It's $50 off instead of the $75 with the Shield.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This firearm is my EDC and I absolutely love it. the 8 + 1 is really plenty of ammo as long as you have access to the additional mag.

I have several hundred rounds through mine and can say it's only had 2 F2F issues and that was from old, very wet range ammo as we were caught shooting in a pretty hard rain.

I paid $375 for mine a couple of years ago so the price you can get it is a steal in my opinion.
I haven't run into many people who aren't extremely happy with their Shield. Even Vickers, who has been a Glock guy forever and makes/sells things for the Glock prefers it to the G43. He just thinks it handles more like a full size gun. After putting 500 thru my buddy's, I have to agree.

Any gun will choke, eventually, especially if the ammo lot is bad or old. I got the P-07 to choke by running 2000 rounds through it without cleaning it. Spit on the slide would sizzle haha.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a 380 guy but I understand it if the size limitations are needed. The bodyguard 380 from S&W has a rebate too right now. It's $50 off instead of the $75 with the Shield.
The Bodyguard is actually what I had about decided on (either that or the Ruger LCP380) but, if she thinks she feels comfortable handling mine, I'd just assume she get the 9mm. I've got a PF9 but she hates that sumbitch, and I can't really blame her, it's snappy as all hell compared to the Shield and not near as comfortable in the hand.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bodyguard is actually what I had about decided on (either that or the Ruger LCP380) but, if she thinks she feels comfortable handling mine, I'd just assume she get the 9mm. I've got a PF9 but she hates that sumbitch, and I can't really blame her, it's snappy as all hell compared to the Shield and not near as comfortable in the hand.

.380 is absolutely good enough for self-defense in my opinion. You're rarely going to run into a situation where someone is actually wearing body armor, in which case 9mm wouldn't really help either if you're shooting at center mass.

That said, I carry 145 grain hollow point in my shield (Hornady) and they run as smooth as silk in that firearm and provide more than enough take down power for the "normal" situation... if there is such a thing.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.380 is absolutely good enough for self-defense in my opinion. You're rarely going to run into a situation where someone is actually wearing body armor, in which case 9mm wouldn't really help either if you're shooting at center mass.

That said, I carry 145 grain hollow point in my shield (Hornady) and they run as smooth as silk in that firearm and provide more than enough take down power for the "normal" situation... if there is such a thing.
I carry the Hornady Critical Defense rounds but in 115 gr. Absolutely love their stuff. So much so that I keep the Hornady Critical defense 00 buckshot (has their tightwad wading in them for smaller patterns) in my HD shotguns and the Hornady 55 gr. TAP Urban .223 in both my AR's when they're sitting at home. The TAP Urban stuff is hard as hell to find without being an LEO but if you look around you'll find it online. The last place I got was from 1ststopfirearms.com but it appears as though the site isn't up right now..... which makes me wonder lol.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to go with either Critical Duty or HST. But to be honest, I don't much care. I make sure that it's a proven brand and that it feeds in the gun and then I just buy what I get the best deal on.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be running P9HST4 (Federal Premium, HST, 147 Grain, +p) in the new Shield when it comes in. I have about 750 rounds I'll dump through it and then order about 250 more just to keep on hand.

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's happening is there is going to be a generational change ala Shield 2.0 and they are clearing shelves. But half price? This is just unbelievable.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My dad has .40 Shield...not a fan.

I much prefer my M&P 45C.