• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ryan Johansen

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears that Johansen may be on the block and his stock is looking kind of low now. I was curious what you guys thought about him, whether it'd be worth attempting to acquire him and what the cost might be. I'm guessing Columbus would be asking for a player, prospect & pick. However I don't think they'll be getting anything close to that with how Johansen is playing this season.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it appears that Johansen may be on the block and his stock is looking kind of low now. I was curious what you guys thought about him, whether it'd be worth attempting to acquire him and what the cost might be. I'm guessing Columbus would be asking for a player, prospect & pick. However I don't think they'll be getting anything close to that with how Johansen is playing this season.

I don't see it happening because even though it might seem they're low on him, I think they would be smart enough to at least not completely dwindle his value like that - it would hurt them big time in the trade market

I don't want to see the Flyers trading two or three future players that could be really good for one guy - I think they have to keep building this thing and get that piece when the time is right

I've heard a lot of people say that Seth Jones for Ryan Johansen would make a lot of sense for Nashville and Columbus - Nashville is on the precipice of being a true cup contender if they acquire a number one center - they have the defense, goaltending and forward depth, now they just need the true number one - Lavy would get a lot out of him too - that's the type of deal that you make, not when you're in the Flyers position where you are still trying to build the organizational depth

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Flyers getting in on Johansen. I do see Vancouver having interest, especially with H Sedin injured. IF the Flyers were interested in Johansen he would make a good counter punch to Giroux. He would free Couturier from the 2nd line and make him once again a lock down center. The biggest question is, what do/would Columbus want.

From the current Flyers roster, B Schenn, Laughton or Cousins and a 3rd round pick. If I was Columbus that is what I would try to get. Interesting to think about now that the Rosters are locked until after the holiday.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Flyers getting in on Johansen. I do see Vancouver having interest, especially with H Sedin injured. IF the Flyers were interested in Johansen he would make a good counter punch to Giroux. He would free Couturier from the 2nd line and make him once again a lock down center. The biggest question is, what do/would Columbus want.

From the current Flyers roster, B Schenn, Laughton or Cousins and a 3rd round pick. If I was Columbus that is what I would try to get. Interesting to think about now that the Rosters are locked until after the holiday.

That's not enough to get him, I don't think - Columbus has a piss poor defense and the Flyers have a plethora of young d-men so if they were smart, they would want one of those Flyers d-men

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want defense, L Schenn, Manning or Laughton or Cousins and a 2nd or a 3rd.
I would not include one of the prospects. If that was the price either walk away or there is more coming back.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they want defense, L Schenn, Manning or Laughton or Cousins and a 2nd or a 3rd.
I would not include one of the prospects. If that was the price either walk away or there is more coming back.

I agree, I wouldn't include the prospects

That being said, it's gonna take one or two of them to get a deal done and for the Flyers, they need to pass

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
b Schenn and Hagg or Manning that's as far as I would go.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Johansen and he would look incredible slotted at 2C behind Giroux. Unfortunately I think Columbus wants a young top NHL defender which we don't have

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was definitely meant to be something to talk about with the roster freeze happening. I personally don't understand how anyone thinks Ryan Johansen for Seth Jones straight up is a fair trade. Franchise number one defenseman are so few and far between that their value has to be more than a potential number one center even if he could be a franchise player as well. For the flyers to be able to acquire Johansson I think the trade would have to start with both Schenns going back to Columbus to make the money work. I can't see the Blue Jackets being willing to take a big contract off our hands such as Vinny or Andrew MacDonald. I'd imagine Columbus would be asking for more and I would personally consider throwing either hagg for a second / 3rd rounder into the deal. Not exactly keen on giving up Brayden Schenn right now because I feel he's starting to put things together and he's still young enough to be a solid contributor in the long run. However show choir Ryan Johansen I think he would be one of the starting points from Columbus's perspective. Like I said I'm sure Columbus believe they can get a much higher price 4 Johansson however his play isn't currently matching their expectations.