• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was more about Garcia's release on Early Edition last night. There's not much question that his medical issues have resurfaced. Releasing Garcia saved the Patriots about $780K. The Patriots most likely gave him a check and will probably do what most teams do when a player is released for medical reasons, continue to provide an excellent healthcare program until the problem is resolved or the player reaches Maximum Medical Improvement. Here's a little thought of thing......Being released for a medical issue allows Garcia to file for Workers Compensation. IF the medical condition is a result of his 'employment'. Very tricky, but I did WC for over 20 years and his attorney will be able to say that in order for Garcia to play professional football, he would have to maintain a diet that would allow him to maintain body size and weight. That diet causes him to make the medical condition worse and not allow him to work. Here's where the legal stuff kicks in, playing at a little less weight in college did not cause him a medical issue, therefore playing professional football did. I know it sounds crazy, but it's a strange area of "insurance". If he does apply and gets it, he will receive 66.67% of his base salary for 2018 pretty much forever in Mass. That would be about $10,000 a week if he was making $750,000 base. If he can't get WC, he can apply for SSI and if he gets that it would be a max of about $5000 a month.

I don't know if he graduated from college or what his degree is, but hopefully it wasn't something stupid like Philosiphy of Eastern Cultures.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was not a pre-draft injury. It was/is a medical condition that could never have been foreseen. He has a blood problem and it has caused blood clots in his lungs. He went through an extremely difficult chemo like treatment for six months and the it appeared that they had medically corrected his blood problem. He lost 60 lbs and was at 235 when they gave him cleaarance to start working out and rebuilding his body for football.

IN MY OPINION...............................the blood problem has returned because he's added approx. 60 lbs of 'muscle'. You can't gain weight eating lettuce. I would guess the diet to build his body back up was not a cooperative effort with his blood and the blood won. If I were him, I do the treatment again, get back down to 235 and say to hell with football and become a teacher and a coach.

Have a happy, healthy life Antonio.
Good point and thanks for clarifying.
Regardless he did have knee surgery/ies prior to the draft. It just seems to be a BB MO selecting guys with injuries?

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcia to play professional football, he would have to maintain a diet that would allow him to maintain body size and weight. That diet causes him to make the medical condition worse and not allow him to work. Here's where the legal stuff kicks in, playing at a little less weight in college did not cause him a medical issue, therefore playing professional football did. I know it sounds crazy, but it's a strange area of "insurance". If he does apply and gets it, he will receive 66.67% of his base salary for 2018 pretty much forever in Mass. That would be about $10,000 a week if he was making $750,000 base. If he can't get WC, he can apply for SSI and if he gets that it would be a max of about $5000 a month.

Okay. Please clarify and explain. If he gets WC, he can collect forever in Mass? How can he get SSI/SSDI? It sucks he can't play Pro football but he can work. Is the system really set up that way? I'm asking, cause that is fucked up if it is.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can collect WC as long as he can't play professional football. When he reaches Maximum Medical Recovery the state then says he can settle or retrain for new work. Since he didn't lose any limbs or other body parts he will get a single cash settlement and WC ends. The only time that the benefit is forever is if theres a permanent loss of limbs or use of of limbs.

I'll give you a perfect example......My brother in law worked for Bath Iron Works in Bath, Maine. They build U.S. Navy destroyers cheaper and faster than anywhere in the U.S. About 15 years ago he was welding and his safety net just let go of the tie. He fell three decks (about 30 feet) and broke his back. The only way they could get him out was to put lift straps around him and under his arms and lift him out by crane. Today he can walk with two canes but his feet swing out to take steps. He was on WC for about 5 years. He's permanently disabled and collects total disability through a WC settlement and SSI every month. His healthcare is permanent also.

But insurance companies can be assholes. He went to a rehab clinic about three months ago and he tried a new set of leg braces to assist him walking. These braces fire an electric charge into his legs every time he steps. Believe it or not, he can almost walk normally even though he has to have two battery cases on his belt. His medical insurance won't pay for the braces because they're $14,000 each. My wife (20 years in the medical healthcare business) told him to have his doctor write a prescription saying that the braces are medically necessary and see what the insurance company says. If they say 'no', call the state department of insurance and file a formal complaint. He'll get the braces within a week.

Individual do not pay into workers compensation. It's a cost borne by the employer. The rates are based on the work and the employer pays a rate for every $100 the employee earns at his job. It ain't cheap. If you're a computer programmer the rate is about $.88 per $100 earned. If your a carpenter, the rate is about $28.00 per $100 earned. Depends on the risks associated with the job. Oh yeah, that's a hourly rate, not an annual rate. If both make $100,000 a year, the annual for the programmer is $880, the carpenter is $28,000. The rate can go up or down depending on the safety programs, number of serious injuries etc.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, "in my opinion" is a great way to premise a statement you're about to make that cannot be proven factually. I'd especially like to see those words added to things like bumper stickers claiming things like "Jesus saves" or "war is not the answer".

Jesus does save, but in my opinion "Esposito scored on the rebound".

:dhd:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can collect WC as long as he can't play professional football. When he reaches Maximum Medical Recovery the state then says he can settle or retrain for new work. Since he didn't lose any limbs or other body parts he will get a single cash settlement and WC ends. The only time that the benefit is forever is if theres a permanent loss of limbs or use of of limbs.

I'll give you a perfect example......My brother in law worked for Bath Iron Works in Bath, Maine. They build U.S. Navy destroyers cheaper and faster than anywhere in the U.S. About 15 years ago he was welding and his safety net just let go of the tie. He fell three decks (about 30 feet) and broke his back. The only way they could get him out was to put lift straps around him and under his arms and lift him out by crane. Today he can walk with two canes but his feet swing out to take steps. He was on WC for about 5 years. He's permanently disabled and collects total disability through a WC settlement and SSI every month. His healthcare is permanent also.

But insurance companies can be assholes. He went to a rehab clinic about three months ago and he tried a new set of leg braces to assist him walking. These braces fire an electric charge into his legs every time he steps. Believe it or not, he can almost walk normally even though he has to have two battery cases on his belt. His medical insurance won't pay for the braces because they're $14,000 each. My wife (20 years in the medical healthcare business) told him to have his doctor write a prescription saying that the braces are medically necessary and see what the insurance company says. If they say 'no', call the state department of insurance and file a formal complaint. He'll get the braces within a week.

Individual do not pay into workers compensation. It's a cost borne by the employer. The rates are based on the work and the employer pays a rate for every $100 the employee earns at his job. It ain't cheap. If you're a computer programmer the rate is about $.88 per $100 earned. If your a carpenter, the rate is about $28.00 per $100 earned. Depends on the risks associated with the job. Oh yeah, that's a hourly rate, not an annual rate. If both make $100,000 a year, the annual for the programmer is $880, the carpenter is $28,000. The rate can go up or down depending on the safety programs, number of serious injuries etc.

One of the best numbers to memorize these days seems to be the insurance commissioner of your state. My dad is an insurance agent and hates how the system is set up right now and consistently has to fight for his clients to get paid.

We had to use the Commissioner once when our insurance wouldn't put our new child on our insurance. They told us we needed to fill out a form. The problem was we never got the form because they forgot to send it. They informed us that even though they didn't send it and the mistake was on their end we should have known to call them (this was our first kid and had no idea how all of that worked). Spent a week on the phone hours each day trying to get ahold of the right person. The second we mentioned our next call was to the Commissioner they got us in contact with the right person and only took a few minutes for them to add my daughter back on our insurance.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best numbers to memorize these days seems to be the insurance commissioner of your state. My dad is an insurance agent and hates how the system is set up right now and consistently has to fight for his clients to get paid.

We had to use the Commissioner once when our insurance wouldn't put our new child on our insurance. They told us we needed to fill out a form. The problem was we never got the form because they forgot to send it. They informed us that even though they didn't send it and the mistake was on their end we should have known to call them (this was our first kid and had no idea how all of that worked). Spent a week on the phone hours each day trying to get ahold of the right person. The second we mentioned our next call was to the Commissioner they got us in contact with the right person and only took a few minutes for them to add my daughter back on our insurance.

Bingo.................!!!!!

As many of you already know, my wife worked for Anthem until she retired this past February. She is the only person I know or even ever heard of, that read all 4100 pages of the Affordable Care Act. She knew the law so well that Athem's lawyers would meet with her for her interpretation of the ACA. The Legal Dept. of Anthem nicknamed her "The Problem Solver".

CD is 100% correct about knowing and having the number of your state Insurance Commissioners Office in your phone or address book. Insurance companies are historically slow and claims people are taught to make people do all kinds of things in order to delay a process. That gives the people handling the claim extra time to make sure they haven't screwed it up. Some insurance companies have always denied claims the first time around. People are extremely lazy and will often just pay the claim themselves because doing all of the running around is just too much. Like CD said, if you call your state insurance commissioner, it's like like having nitrous oxide in your car engine. Everything moves at light speed. Here's why..................Federal Law states that any insurance company that has claims complaints filed with any state more than three times during any given month without resolution, must be investigated by that state insurance commissioner. That Insurance Commissioner can order that company to cease selling any new policies until the investigation is over.

Resolution generally is complete within 7 days.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As many of you already know, my wife worked for Anthem until she retired this past February. She is the only person I know or even ever heard of, that read all 4100 pages of the Affordable Care Act. She knew the law so well that Athem's lawyers would meet with her for her interpretation of the ACA. The Legal Dept. of Anthem nicknamed her "The Problem Solver".

CD is 100% correct about knowing and having the number of your state Insurance Commissioners Office in your phone or address book. Insurance companies are historically slow and claims people are taught to make people do all kinds of things in order to delay a process. That gives the people handling the claim extra time to make sure they haven't screwed it up. Some insurance companies have always denied claims the first time around. People are extremely lazy and will often just pay the claim themselves because doing all of the running around is just too much. Like CD said, if you call your state insurance commissioner, it's like like having nitrous oxide in your car engine. Everything moves at light speed. Here's why..................Federal Law states that any insurance company that has claims complaints filed with any state more than three times during any given month without resolution, must be investigated by that state insurance commissioner. That Insurance Commissioner can order that company to cease selling any new policies until the investigation is over.

That's good info.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
G Joe Thuney had surgery on his foot today. he will miss OTAs but will be ready for camp in July.

I only have one question. If you know you have a foot problem when the season is over, I know you have to wait for swelling to go down, but, why not get into a hospital right away, be under medical care and get the surgery done in March? Why wait until May? If it's done in March, you go on a 6-7 week vacation in some nice warm, dry spot and relax. Come back for the Voluntary OTAs and get checked out by the medical staff and trainers and get back into a routine that will have you ready for the OTAs and Mini Camps.

Feet are funny. If he had a "minor" Liz franc injury, you try to let it heal. My wife did and avoided surgery. Liz franc surgery guarantees you arthritis and future surgeries. I was scheduled for foot surgery in younger days and said no. I ran marathons on this foot!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When my 2nd wife passed from cancer, we had 1/2 $million in remaining medical bills. I badgered an agent until she became unprofessional. I then called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. I complained about the unprofessional behavior and the super took over. 1/2 $million paid in 7 days.....

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady owns a "Camp" in Montana. Every year he takes his wide receivers to the camp for anywhere from a week to 10 days of intensive passing drills and workouts. DA, JE and Hogan were there last year. This year, JE and Hogan will be there but and of course the media is buzzing about who will be i8nvited this year. Patterson? Britt? Mitchell? Dorsett? Running backs have never been invited but there are rumors that both James Whte and Rex Burknead may be going. ookies have never been invited, but there have never been many rookies who were expected to make then team. Will Michel and Berrios get an invite?

The media has never been invited and is not welcome. Apparently, there are no local hotels or motels where they could bunk. There is no local airport. The locals are very protective and anyone scouting around on the camp just might end up managing the grass from the root side.

Anyway, Brady and his guys will be taking off Friday on a charter and will be back when they're done and Brady isn satisfied that everyone is on the same page.

Boston media is going bat shit crazy because they have no idea who is or is not invited and who is or is not going to the Brady passing camp. Already Mike Felger is assuming that rookies will no be invited, thus leaving them all a full page behind the vets. Did anyone ever ask over the past15 years if it's an "invitation only" trip? OR does Brady expect guys to ask him to be included to see if they really want to get on the same page? Oh yeah, Brady picks up 100% of the tab for the entire time they're practicing in Montana.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady owns a "Camp" in Montana. Every year he takes his wide receivers to the camp for anywhere from a week to 10 days of intensive passing drills and workouts. DA, JE and Hogan were there last year. This year, JE and Hogan will be there but and of course the media is buzzing about who will be i8nvited this year. Patterson? Britt? Mitchell? Dorsett? Running backs have never been invited but there are rumors that both James Whte and Rex Burknead may be going. ookies have never been invited, but there have never been many rookies who were expected to make then team. Will Michel and Berrios get an invite?

The media has never been invited and is not welcome. Apparently, there are no local hotels or motels where they could bunk. There is no local airport. The locals are very protective and anyone scouting around on the camp just might end up managing the grass from the root side.

Anyway, Brady and his guys will be taking off Friday on a charter and will be back when they're done and Brady isn satisfied that everyone is on the same page.

Boston media is going bat shit crazy because they have no idea who is or is not invited and who is or is not going to the Brady passing camp. Already Mike Felger is assuming that rookies will no be invited, thus leaving them all a full page behind the vets. Did anyone ever ask over the past15 years if it's an "invitation only" trip? OR does Brady expect guys to ask him to be included to see if they really want to get on the same page? Oh yeah, Brady picks up 100% of the tab for the entire time they're practicing in Montana.

Patriots are trading for Emmanuel Sanders so he will be the 3rd one going. They are giving the Broncos a conditional 2nd round pick.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are trading for Emmanuel Sanders so he will be the 3rd one going. They are giving the Broncos a conditional 2nd round pick.

I know you work at 247, but there hasn't been as much as a hint that this happening. I've scrambled everywhere online, TV and radio and there's absolutely nothing.

You tryin' to pull my (our) leg??

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know you work at 247, but there hasn't been as much as a hint that this happening. I've scrambled everywhere online, TV and radio and there's absolutely nothing.

You tryin' to pull my (our) leg??

Haha sorry about that. Yes I was pulling your leg. There has been talk of Sanders being traded but usually the Cowboys are the team associated with that talk.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I was pulling your leg.

I really do try to confirm stuff and I really try to do my homework. With Kenny Britt yanking his hamstring today without pads, it was certainly believable.......

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would have to think Matthews is part of this trip. Brady is gonna love him.