• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors, Rumors, Rumors........

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of his at all. He’s a dick. And he can’t play. Watching his gameplay this year he looks like a high school QB. If he had any game he’d be signed by some QB needy team.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things...

1) After a Super Bowl loss it seems like all the skeletons come out of the closet. I remember when the Seahawks lost to the Patriots that there was a ton of fighting in that locker room and some major anger by the defense towards the coaching staff. Sherman made it clear that he was not a fan of Russell Wilson and there were times the coaching staff had to intervene between the two. Lynch made it clear his thoughts on how that game ended. And of course we saw this year that they had reached a boiling point where somebody had to go with Sherman walking out the door.

2) I know quite a few people keep hinting at the trade with the 49ers like they owe the Pats something for the trade for Jimmy G. This is a cold business that to me if somebody else does you a favor you take it and run. I wouldn't give up great draft value just because hey they traded you a franchise QB for pennies on the dollar.

3) I agree that people are making too big of a deal out of everything that is coming out about the Pats. I think there is some players that can't stand Belichick. He isn't an easy guy to get along with and they are a team that gives players less than market value. Those players choose to take those because they know they can win a Super Bowl with the Pats so to me no reason to complain when you signed on the dotted line. Nobody forced you to. The Pats run a very tight ship and you can either get on board or get out. They have a proven successful way of doing things but that doesn't mean it works for everyone.

I'm not reading all that shit!!!!!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things...

1) After a Super Bowl loss it seems like all the skeletons come out of the closet. I remember when the Seahawks lost to the Patriots that there was a ton of fighting in that locker room and some major anger by the defense towards the coaching staff. Sherman made it clear that he was not a fan of Russell Wilson and there were times the coaching staff had to intervene between the two. Lynch made it clear his thoughts on how that game ended. And of course we saw this year that they had reached a boiling point where somebody had to go with Sherman walking out the door.

2) I know quite a few people keep hinting at the trade with the 49ers like they owe the Pats something for the trade for Jimmy G. This is a cold business that to me if somebody else does you a favor you take it and run. I wouldn't give up great draft value just because hey they traded you a franchise QB for pennies on the dollar.

3) I agree that people are making too big of a deal out of everything that is coming out about the Pats. I think there is some players that can't stand Belichick. He isn't an easy guy to get along with and they are a team that gives players less than market value. Those players choose to take those because they know they can win a Super Bowl with the Pats so to me no reason to complain when you signed on the dotted line. Nobody forced you to. The Pats run a very tight ship and you can either get on board or get out. They have a proven successful way of doing things but that doesn't mean it works for everyone.
I disagree. Belichick always has willing trade partners because he's never out to screw anyone. He may get better values than he gives, but the trade partner is always aware. In the case of the 49ers, Belichick did them a favor, and they should repay the favor. They don't have to, but by doing so they'll be at the top of the list for future favors.

If you don't think Belichick doles out favors you aren't watching closely. He also doles out punishments.. Which begs the question: did the Browns get a favor with Collins, or did Collins get punished?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 49ers and Pats just completed a trade, just a different one

Have to wonder with the addition of Brown and the drafting of Wynn of whether the Pats trust the Tackles on their roster to actually be healthy for this upcoming season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to wonder with the addition of Brown and the drafting of Wynn of whether the Pats trust the Tackles on their roster to actually be healthy for this upcoming season.

I don't know much about the Patriot's oline situation but Brown would be a better system fit for the Pats than he is for the 49ers

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are flying that the pats will take Mason Rudolph QB Ok. St.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Patriots will sign Chad Kanoff - maybe after the draft. Lots of rumors flying about this......

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think the Patriots will sign Chad Kanoff - maybe after the draft. Lots of rumors flying about this......
still upset he didn't go after Lauletta

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints cut TE Colby Fleener with 3 years left on his 5 year $36M contract.

Supposedly having some problems with his last concussion.

Hey Bill, give him a call and check him out. He's really a 6'6" 250 lb. WR who isn't all that bad as a blocker.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles made Joe Callahan‘s signing official, announcing a two-year deal. The move had been expected since last week.

The Packers waived Callahan last week.

Callahan was on the active roster for one game last season. He spent most of his two seasons in Green Bay on the practice squad.

He was an undrafted rookie from Wesley College.

The Eagles needed another arm with Carson Wentz still rehabbing from the the ACL and LCL he tore in his left knee in December. Philadelphia’s other quarterbacks are Nick Foles and Nate Sudfeld, and the Eagles certainly don’t want to overtax Foles.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles made Joe Callahan‘s signing official, announcing a two-year deal. The move had been expected since last week.

The Packers waived Callahan last week.

Callahan was on the active roster for one game last season. He spent most of his two seasons in Green Bay on the practice squad.

He was an undrafted rookie from Wesley College.

The Eagles needed another arm with Carson Wentz still rehabbing from the the ACL and LCL he tore in his left knee in December. Philadelphia’s other quarterbacks are Nick Foles and Nate Sudfeld, and the Eagles certainly don’t want to overtax Foles.

Uh... ok .... swell

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Wentz's knee was worse than reported....

Legs effect the arm. If he's having problems with setting, twisting his hips due to his knees, that's a serious problem.

Wentz better get his ass on a plane to Boston and sign up with TB12 Clinic.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think signing a camp arm is an indication of much of anything to do with Wentz' progress.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Wentz's knee was worse than reported....

Legs effect the arm. If he's having problems with setting, twisting his hips due to his knees, that's a serious problem.

Wentz better get his ass on a plane to Boston and sign up with TB12 Clinic.

ACL's anymore are not that bad in the NFL. The only two players I've seen struggle with it were RGIII (tried to come back too soon plus had a switch in how they were trying to play offense which didn't fit his skillset) and Houston of the Chiefs (his was weird because it didn't tear but just stretched out and so doctors didn't know whether to operate or see if it would heal itself and well it didn't leading to a late surgery).

He said recently he is already running on it so with 4-months until the season kicks off I have very few doubts that he will be ready week 1. Now maybe he misses part of training camp so they needed another arm for practice is all I can see with this type of move.