• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors Fangio to GB

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever had a job where you said to yourself "Man, I wish we could do things different than what the boss wants. I have some ideas that I think will breath some life into this place, but they just don't listen?"

Just because they worked under Dom doesn't mean, by any stretch of the imagination, that they are just like him, and will do things the exact same way.

True. But as an assistant we haven’t seen any part of the defense to stand out. There hasn’t been a unit that we can say,” hey, they have done their job all season long.” This defense needs accountability. The pass rush has been poor. The middle of the field has been poor. The coverage has been poor. It’s time for a change and no more excuses.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's going to be Mike Pettine.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like it's going to be Mike Pettine.
I like it. Pettine likes playing press coverage with a wide variety of defensive fronts and blitzes. I much prefer aggressive press defenses over passive zones.

I think King will flourish as a press coverage corner. Not sure who else will step up to lock down the other side. Might be another case to consider drafting Josh Jackson if available.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of forgot about WIlliams once he left for Cleveland

Could Packers bring back veteran CB Tramon Williams?

Hiring Mike Pettine as defensive coordinator has opened up an intriguing possibility for the Green Bay Packers.

Could they team bring back veteran cornerback Tramon Williams, who played for Pettine in Cleveland in 2015 and is now coming off a strong year in Arizona?

Williams provided a glowing review of Pettine and his defense to Bill Huber of Packer Report.

“Really great guy, not only as a coach but a great guy in general,” Williams said. “As a coach, man, very, very smart. Very smart and articulate. Obviously, his resume shows over the years that he’s done a good job as a defensive coordinator.”

Williams played in Green Bay from 2006-14. He won a Super Bowl and made the Pro Bowl while developing into a top cornerback opposite Charles Woodson and Sam Shields.

Pettine and the Browns lured him away from Green Bay in 2015. He spent two years in Cleveland before latching on in Arizona this past season. It was a year of revival for Williams, who finished with two interceptions and 12 passes defended over 13 games and nine starts. Pro Football Focus graded him as the best player on Arizona’s roster in 2017.