• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2018

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is that my shoulder is nearly 100%. The bad news is that my game is nearly 30%.

FUCK, I just can't stop bleeding out strokes...84 and 86 the last two rounds.....very frustrating. Phil's killing it and I can't hit the fucking ball. He shot 83 yesterday but a tidy little 76 on Sunday.

I'll get there eventually but I'm def in a slump with my first league match to play tonight. I feel like I'm not all that far off so maybe I'll get my shit together soon.

IIRC, you've missed some time with this shoulder, and obviously Phil wasn't sitting around waiting for you...seems like you both have similar games...I suspect with the amount of golf you'll get in, you'll break 80 a few times this season.

Me...feeling better about my chances this yr...both guys in my group went sub 80 twice last year and they play a little more than I do but I'm still keeping it as my goal this year...so far this season 3 rounds with sub 40 for 9...even playing once a week I still think I'm getting there this year again after no sub 80 rounds last year.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it was with great trepidation that I finally showed up for my first league match of the season but what the hell. Our flight went off #12 and there's of course 20 dudes watching the new guy tee off. PIPED it down the middle and proceeded to finally put a round together. We play 11 holes in this league and I had 7 GIRs! Two horrible drives were my only two awful shots all night and both of those were lucky enough to require a single recovery shot. I ended up +5...3 bogeys, a double and 7 pars including three closing pars with a clutch 5 footer to tie the match.

Played with two nice young fellows in their twenties and we all had a blast.

Man, that round was a long time coming!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
work league tonight. We took 5.5 points last week out of 8, which has us in a tie for second place. Still a lot of golf left to go.

unfortunately we used to rotate between the front and back 9 every week for this league, but because the course is shutting down the front 9 this summer to plant bermuda, we are taking advantage of having it available now and playing the front every week. I am not a fan of that. The back is more challenging and more fun to play, honestly.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like some silly logic for sure.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems like some silly logic for sure.
the whole shutting down 9 holes in the middle of summer blows my mind. Does not seem like the right time to do that...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think it would be something for October.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
work league tonight. We took 5.5 points last week out of 8, which has us in a tie for second place. Still a lot of golf left to go.

unfortunately we used to rotate between the front and back 9 every week for this league, but because the course is shutting down the front 9 this summer to plant bermuda, we are taking advantage of having it available now and playing the front every week. I am not a fan of that. The back is more challenging and more fun to play, honestly.

my course shut down the front last week to aerate the fairways and the back the week before. Playing last week on the newly aerated back fairways was not fun.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shot a 41 on 9 during my league play last night. Best I have ever done on this course, so I am pretty happy. Was absolutely murdering my 3W and my putting was pretty good. Missed a couple putts that could have gotten me below 40. I was close!

Started on 6 and my ball was heading towards a backyard. Found the ball right on the line and called in in bounds. But there was a little girl there with a water gun waiting and a mom and dad helping her out. Luckily I wasn't actually in their yard, but that was an interesting addition to the course.

teeing off the 2nd hole, a par 3 downhill and over a pond. 3 of us hit, only 2 of us are dry. There is a drop area on the other side of the pond, so no biggie. We go to the gold tees so the 4th member of our group can hit. Sitting in our cart watching him hit and we hear a POP from behind us. The dude who hit his first shot into the water decided to tee one up from the tee box again and he nailed my bag on our cart. We were lucky that is all it was. That would have fucking hurt like hell!

But then we are looking for the ball that hit us and found it in the pocket of my bag. The one up top, not one of the big ones. I couldn't stay mad after seeing that.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
shot a 41 on 9 during my league play last night. Best I have ever done on this course, so I am pretty happy. Was absolutely murdering my 3W and my putting was pretty good. Missed a couple putts that could have gotten me below 40. I was close!

Started on 6 and my ball was heading towards a backyard. Found the ball right on the line and called in in bounds. But there was a little girl there with a water gun waiting and a mom and dad helping her out. Luckily I wasn't actually in their yard, but that was an interesting addition to the course.

teeing off the 2nd hole, a par 3 downhill and over a pond. 3 of us hit, only 2 of us are dry. There is a drop area on the other side of the pond, so no biggie. We go to the gold tees so the 4th member of our group can hit. Sitting in our cart watching him hit and we hear a POP from behind us. The dude who hit his first shot into the water decided to tee one up from the tee box again and he nailed my bag on our cart. We were lucky that is all it was. That would have fucking hurt like hell!

But then we are looking for the ball that hit us and found it in the pocket of my bag. The one up top, not one of the big ones. I couldn't stay mad after seeing that.

??? so someone in the same group re teed and nailed you?

Solid 9 BTW.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea

it could have been bad had it been a foot higher.

Wow...I suppose something like that has happened to us, but rarely off the tee box. Either the gold tees were in a uniquely dangerous spot, or he hit a terrible shot and nearly beamed you...sounds like the latter.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are no gold tees. There's Blue, white and ladies!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're trying to use the term "forward tees" these days...lol

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

I used to joke to a wonderful old gentleman in our league. Once a very fine player, I told him by all means, use the ladies tees. He growled about it but laughed. I said you don't kick it off the green cause you out chip everyone in the league do you?

I figure that sure, I'll get older & shorter and that will be reflected in my handicap pretty much the amount that distance influences scoring. One day I may well knock it around from the "forward tees" with my aging buddies but not while I'm playin' some young whippersnapper!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

I used to joke to a wonderful old gentleman in our league. Once a very fine player, I told him by all means, use the ladies tees. He growled about it but laughed. I said you don't kick it off the green cause you out chip everyone in the league do you?

I figure that sure, I'll get older & shorter and that will be reflected in my handicap pretty much the amount that distance influences scoring. One day I may well knock it around from the "forward tees" with my aging buddies but not while I'm playin' some young whippersnapper!
I remember telling my dad he could hit from the senior tees after he was recovering from chemo. He got mad at me. Then he kicked my ass all over the course. He didn't need the distance, he just needed to consistently hit fairways.