• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2018

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit the best drive of my life this morning.

The longest I ever hit the ball with a driver. Smooth swing (felt almost effortless), solid contact, seemed like it hung in the air for an eternity, dead straight. Landing about 60 yards farther than it usually lands on that fairway.

It’s was a really good feeling until I looked down and saw that a long jagged crack had formed across the top of my driver where the carbon fiber connects to the tungsten face.

I’m fuckin pissed!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to create a whole new thread for this but I figured the golf thread regulars would see it.

Not the best drawing here, but it does help to have a visual.

#5 Par 4,

Player hits a big push fade and his ball ends up in another fairway (hole #9). There is a hazard (creek) with a cluster of trees almost like a little island between him and the hole. Player hits his 2nd shot into said hazard...note, from the tee box, there are yellow stakes and on the right side (the island) they transition to red stakes.

I did not see hit 2nd shot, so I don't know if he was trying to go over the trees in the hazard or around them. The other two players did not see his ball clear the hazard and after a search we couldn't find the ball. Presumed in the island hazard he takes a drop on the green side of the creek, still in the fairway on hole #9 giving him a better shot to the green.

Because I didn't see his 2nd shot I ask if he was trying to over the hazard, around the hazard, etc to establish where we should be looking...he said I hit it into the hazard, not really answering my question.

In your mind was his drop a fair drop?

chimneys.JPG

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe with the crack, you've increased the C.O.R.!

Just got my new 3 wood so off to the range. Here's a quick pic I snapped near our 9th green and tenth tee. The course is just ridiculous right now!

0FG7RbE.jpg

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hit the best drive of my life this morning.

The longest I ever hit the ball with a driver. Smooth swing (felt almost effortless), solid contact, seemed like it hung in the air for an eternity, dead straight. Landing about 60 yards farther than it usually lands on that fairway.

It’s was a really good feeling until I looked down and saw that a long jagged crack had formed across the top of my driver where the carbon fiber connects to the tungsten face.

I’m fuckin pissed!

Oh brother! If it's fairly new I would think you can get a free replacement.

I've never cracked a face, but one of my buddies did and IDK if Ping replaced it of the store replaced, but it was determined it happened during the course of play...no charge. I probably think Ping replaced it.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to create a whole new thread for this but I figured the golf thread regulars would see it.

Not the best drawing here, but it does help to have a visual.

#5 Par 4,

Player hits a big push fade and his ball ends up in another fairway (hole #9). There is a hazard (creek) with a cluster of trees almost like a little island between him and the hole. Player hits his 2nd shot into said hazard...note, from the tee box, there are yellow stakes and on the right side (the island) they transition to red stakes.

I did not see hit 2nd shot, so I don't know if he was trying to go over the trees in the hazard or around them. The other two players did not see his ball clear the hazard and after a search we couldn't find the ball. Presumed in the island hazard he takes a drop on the green side of the creek, still in the fairway on hole #9 giving him a better shot to the green.

Because I didn't see his 2nd shot I ask if he was trying to over the hazard, around the hazard, etc to establish where we should be looking...he said I hit it into the hazard, not really answering my question.

In your mind was his drop a fair drop?

View attachment 184441
Not sure how he could advance his drop across the creek

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe with the crack, you've increased the C.O.R.!

Just got my new 3 wood so off to the range. Here's a quick pic I snapped near our 9th green and tenth tee. The course is just ridiculous right now!

0FG7RbE.jpg

Wow! Beautiful!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how he could advance his drop across the creek

Well, it's possible to clear the creek that passes through the island and still be in the hazard.

I just thought it was a very favorable drop. Even if he did drop on the other side of the creek...2 club lengths from the red stake gets him on the cart path, so NPR from there puts him in the rough on the 9th hole...he's still blocked out from a direct line to the green. He made an 8...(max score anyway) so I decided not to make a big deal of it. Normally he plays it straight.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's possible to clear the creek that passes through the island and still be in the hazard.

I just thought it was a very favorable drop. Even if he did drop on the other side of the creek...2 club lengths from the red stake gets him on the cart path, so NPR from there puts him in the rough on the 9th hole...he's still blocked out from a direct line to the green. He made an 8...(max score anyway) so I decided not to make a big deal of it. Normally he plays it straight.

Give the benefit of the doubt then.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the benefit of the doubt then.

Exactly...we all play it straight, but if we see something out of the norm, we try to protect the field so to speak. Had I actually seen the shot into the hazard I would've taken a different position maybe.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...getting back on the horse in golf terms is not quite like swimming.

Was able to dbl down again this past weekend.

Sat. Home course...47-42...just all over the course with the driver...had a stretch of 7, 8, 8...a +3, +4, +3 in the middle of the front...and the front is the easier side! Settle down with 3 consecutive pars to close out the 9, but the damage was done.

I didn't really drive it a whole lot better on the back, but they were not drops or re-tees so I the score reflected some good recovery shots and several one putt greens.

Sun. A much easier course and I was just as bad off the tee....44-42. While short, rough means rough at this course and the greens were just so slow compared to the home course. I hit maybe twice as many greens Sunday and 3 putt damn near half of them.

I will say...irons have been decent. Now to find my tee ball again...always something in this game.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shot over 100 for the first time in a few years.

I actually played really well, except for my first tee shot on pretty much every hole.

I'd finish a hole and say "par... plus a tee ball in the woods/water/sombody's roof... so double"

It was like I couldn't concentrate until I shanked the first shot.

I was hitting 3 from the tee box atleast 7 times, and it didn't matter what the club was... driver, hybrid, 3 wood, 6 iron... all high toe slices OB. Next swing, right down the middle.

I guess a total lack of consistency is what I can expect when I don't touch a club for almost 3 months.

Back to the range tomorrow... 2.5 weeks until my golf trip with my dad and single digit handicap brother.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I shot over 100 for the first time in a few years.

I actually played really well, except for my first tee shot on pretty much every hole.

I'd finish a hole and say "par... plus a tee ball in the woods/water/sombody's roof... so double"

It was like I couldn't concentrate until I shanked the first shot.

I was hitting 3 from the tee box atleast 7 times, and it didn't matter what the club was... driver, hybrid, 3 wood, 6 iron... all high toe slices OB. Next swing, right down the middle.

I guess a total lack of consistency is what I can expect when I don't touch a club for almost 3 months.

Back to the range tomorrow... 2.5 weeks until my golf trip with my dad and single digit handicap brother.

When you can't get off the tee no matter what club you hit...that's when you just grin and bear it.

Your brother probably has too much time on his hands...lol

I've only known one player that was a really low single digit player...(he literally was near scratch), like a 2 on his home course which did translate to scratch on some courses...never married, no kids...golf WAS his life. My father-n-law was a pretty good player...picked up golf late, but had the means and opportunity to play a lot...I mean a LOT...problem was he had several kids at home...as a result my wife hated golf for a long time. It's only been recent that she's come to grips with my obsession over this crazy game.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you can't get off the tee no matter what club you hit...that's when you just grin and bear it.

Your brother probably has too much time on his hands...lol

I've only known one player that was a really low single digit player...(he literally was near scratch), like a 2 on his home course which did translate to scratch on some courses...never married, no kids...golf WAS his life. My father-n-law was a pretty good player...picked up golf late, but had the means and opportunity to play a lot...I mean a LOT...problem was he had several kids at home...as a result my wife hated golf for a long time. It's only been recent that she's come to grips with my obsession over this crazy game.

He is a 42 year old personal trainer, married with no kids. Probably plays golf 4-5 times a week.

I'll be lucky to play twice this week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a 42 year old personal trainer, married with no kids. Probably plays golf 4-5 times a week.

I'll be lucky to play twice this week.

Back when I was a full-time real estate guy...I played 2-3 times a week and the best I ever got was 8 index. The wife knew I was playing, but as long as I was bringing in the 6 digit bacon and home to meet the kids from school she tolerated it...then the real estate market crashed and I had to find a real job....oh well. Fun while it lasted...lol.

Just enjoy yourself, make a few putts and you'll be fine. The pressure is really on your brother!

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home course greens are fully recovered...last week was the 2nd time on them since they were punched/sanded. Having played at least 3 other tracks while they were healing up...the greenskeeper knows his shit...I'm never gonna like this layout, but the greens are worth the price alone.

43-44...doesn't sound terrible, but it was a very disappointing round...triple on #9 turned a 39-40 type side into a 43...the back was the same situation...solid play up until #15...bad swing + bad decisions = 9...plenty of opportunities to grind out a bogey, but trying to be a hero...took a +4....finished the last 4 holes even par with a bogey and a birdie in the mix...so I didn't feel quite as dejected until going over the card later.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been playing ok but I'm sick. For the past month now, I've had episodes of nausea and fatigue that come and go. Did an ultra sound on kidneys and gall bladder stuff and they found nothing. Did blood work yesterday so hopefully, we can figure out what's wrong and that I don't have some loathsome shit going on.

Shot 5 over for 11 holes in the league Tues and an 81 on Monday so nothing great, nothing bad.

One interesting thing is that for the very first time I witnessed Phil having the wheels completely fall off the cart. He made a solid par on 18 to break 90 with an 89! Cripes, I never saw him hack like that and he was pretty shook by it. I said hey man, I have lots of experience with that shit and what you need to do is nothing at all. Just shake it off...you're not all of a sudden a shitty player.

...yesterday afternoon he shot 76! Crazy friggin' game.

We're both going to play in the first flight of our club championship. Haven't played one in years but it'll be two rounds of stroke play over the weekend of the 25th/26th and they'll get posted. Kind of nervous and kind of really psyched at the same time. I'll be pleased if I can get one score in the 70s. Thrilled if I could possibly have both in that range. Then again, two rounds in the high 80s will be embarrassing. We'll see I suppose but the lord hates a coward!

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been playing ok but I'm sick. For the past month now, I've had episodes of nausea and fatigue that come and go.

sounds familiar.

Good luck.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been playing ok but I'm sick. For the past month now, I've had episodes of nausea and fatigue that come and go. Did an ultra sound on kidneys and gall bladder stuff and they found nothing. Did blood work yesterday so hopefully, we can figure out what's wrong and that I don't have some loathsome shit going on.

Shot 5 over for 11 holes in the league Tues and an 81 on Monday so nothing great, nothing bad.

One interesting thing is that for the very first time I witnessed Phil having the wheels completely fall off the cart. He made a solid par on 18 to break 90 with an 89! Cripes, I never saw him hack like that and he was pretty shook by it. I said hey man, I have lots of experience with that shit and what you need to do is nothing at all. Just shake it off...you're not all of a sudden a shitty player.

...yesterday afternoon he shot 76! Crazy friggin' game.

We're both going to play in the first flight of our club championship. Haven't played one in years but it'll be two rounds of stroke play over the weekend of the 25th/26th and they'll get posted. Kind of nervous and kind of really psyched at the same time. I'll be pleased if I can get one score in the 70s. Thrilled if I could possibly have both in that range. Then again, two rounds in the high 80s will be embarrassing. We'll see I suppose but the lord hates a coward!

Yeah...good luck on those test results.

Phil wasn't shaken too badly, at least not mentally...My mental game has been a wreck most of the summer...when I'm going well, I seem to play smarter. The big problem with the home course...when you hit a bad shot off the tee, most of the time you're dropping, there are no recovery shots, and often no distance taken. When you're lucky enough to have a recovery shot...just get the ball back in play and grind out a score from there. Two drives killed an otherwise decent ball striking day last week.

Hopefully the weather will hold up for 18 Sat.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, tried to play nine yesterday, first attempt since surgery.

Took a cart instead of walking, and even then I ran out of steam after four holes.

On the bright side, not a lot of pain, and this morning i feel OK. Will try to play a few holes later today to see if I can improve my endurance. Would like to be back walking the course in a couple of weeks.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting hammered with rain and had parts of the course shut down today. I'm having two guests tomorrow for a mid-day round but we may have to cancel.

I'm still feeling like shit so maybe for the better.