• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Round Tracker 2018

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last week's league play saw 8 pars and last night's in the insufferable heat, 8 bogeys. Hell man, didn't really play that bad, just a shitty night of putting mostly but I couldn't get anything going and was out of energy. 43...Cripes.

....can't wait to get back out!

Happy 4th of July boys.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 46...seems like every day it's been hot and windy. Par three uphill, nine iron, started at the green and along came one of those 30mph gusts..that ball started drifting...and drifting and landed in a thick tuft of grass. Got just enough club on it to advance it a couple yards, and on the next shot i flew the green.

Have a 2pm tee time, hopefully the rain stops. Mid 90's with a heat index in the 100's

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 46...seems like every day it's been hot and windy. Par three uphill, nine iron, started at the green and along came one of those 30mph gusts..that ball started drifting...and drifting and landed in a thick tuft of grass. Got just enough club on it to advance it a couple yards, and on the next shot i flew the green.

Have a 2pm tee time, hopefully the rain stops. Mid 90's with a heat index in the 100's

Great, lower back spasms...this should be fun.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Home course is aerating the greens next week...we'll see if the weekend forecast stays in the current 60-70% rain position...if so, I probably won't be playing this weekend.

Need to find some other tracks for the next few weeks anyway. Some courses use the small hole puncher...this one makes bigger holes...not really worth putting on for at least 2 weeks.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At our course they use a small diameter punch a couple of times a year. They punched ours a few weeks ago and the greens recovered in about a week.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they are planning on reseeding the fairways with Bermuda on my "home course" in the coming weeks, which just sucks. Means they will be closing it down. They tried this with the back 9 last year and it really doesn't look like been a good move as of yet. I know if takes time, but I just don't get their reasoning for doing this now, in the middle of the summer.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We still have a few courses with Bent grass greens...they normally do the small pin holes as well...but late June into late August they tend to struggle with the heat/humidity...the greens at the Frog were bent and they were in good shape...slower than the home course, but very healthy. Still the smoothest green surface though imo.

The Champions Bermuda greens...if they are just punched...normally about a week to 10 days they are fine, but if they are punched and sanded...2 weeks at least. Talk about firm and fast...you might use your divot tool once or twice at best.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
85 yesterday....cripes. Pumped one OB on 17 or it wouldn't have been too bad. Lipped out a few putts that could have changed the score.

Friggin' game :mad2:

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A rare game, shot like shit, but shot a 41...which is really good for me. Wish the course would play faster, took over two hours on the front. Made the turn and it was 45 minutes for two holes, decided it wasn't worth the wait, so we crossed over to nine and played our way to the club house.

Need to go to the gym this morning to do arms, then get to the course for a 1:03 tee time.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good...I've had a pair.
I see what you mean. Course was really wet this morning and so were the toes of these shoes. Still an improvement over the footjoys but I don’t think they will hold up long...

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you mean. Course was really wet this morning and so were the toes of these shoes. Still an improvement over the footjoys but I don’t think they will hold up long...

Lightweight and comfy, which is why they sell so well, but these work best in dry conditions. The last (bottom) is not glued and stitched to the uppers at the toe (at least mine weren't)...or they use the cheapest glue they can find. And the mesh uppers are not even water resistant so they tend to separate at the toe or ball of the foot area if they get wet too often.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With my crew out of town, I walked on my home course for a 9:48 time, paired with two twentysomethings...both had pretty good golf swings...the one tall kid could pound the hell out of his 3 wood, 250+.

Sidebar...

I've had my new 917D2 Titleist and Taylormade M2 3wood for about 2 weeks now, but had not been able to get any range time with them until this week...with the boys gone, yesterday was a good opportunity to get them on the course.

I've finally moved to the more forgiving 460cc head after playing the 913D3 440cc driver for the last 6 years and my Cleveland 3w was at least 10 years old with a closed face...good for drawing the ball, but easy to overcook it. It was time.

About a month ago, I took my driver in and compared it to the newer stuff, Gmax, TM M3/M4, Rogue, etc. I eventually settled on the 917's consistency. PGA Superstore wanted $399 for the D2 with the shaft that seem to work best...as soon as the price went down to $339 I went back in there and all the 9.5 deg were gone...I went online to Global golf and found a used one (barely looked like it have been hit) for $229 with the same shaft...when they say great condition...you can take their word for it. Dicks had the TM M2 3wood...paid rack rate on that one, but combine $429 wasn't bad + midsize grips.

Back to the round...

As we know it's hard to buy a golf game...48 front...just a dreadful start, pulled opening tee ball, not getting my left hip out of the way...recovered for a bogey...#2 better, iffy wedge short, chip up and miss a 4 ftr for par...#3 par 3, fatted my 7 iron bunkered...long bunker shot to a back pin with hazard behind...instead of just blasting out and taking my chances with the putter and accepting bogey 4 if I didn't make, silly me tried to show off I guess and get it close...long in the hazard, made triple.

Now I'm steaming on #4...# 1 hdcp hole...a long tough uphill par 4 OB left, and hazard right...tee ball left again, found in bounds, punch out, over swung the 3rd shot, in the hazard right, miss another short putt for triple so that was a quad 8. Good tee ball on #5, chunked 9i approach in the hazard, another dbl...finally settled down, played 6,7,8,9 played in +1.

Back 9...40...straighten out the driver, hitting some crisp iron shots...#17 sucked, 3jacked a GIR there and bad break on 18...no stance on the approach, one foot in a fairway bunker and one out, just punched it up the fairway, 70 yds hit it to about 15' below the hole...lipped the par out. So bogey, bogey to close it out.

The tall kid turned out was not the player I thought he was going to be...barely broke a 100...the other one had the game, but he had his troubles on the back, but because my front was so bad he got me by 2 shots.

All that in 3 hrs 50 min yesterday...refreshing, rain apparently scared some people off. The 3w was great, every shot I hit with it was solid and on target...the driver was much better on the back...I think I will get back to the range today and tweak the setting open one notch...played in the neutral position. Got some travel (30th anniversary) coming up so if I don't play this coming weekend, I'll be off the course for about 3 weeks.

Sorry about the book fellas!

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a college buddy coming up to play the course today. Always searching for that elusive sub 80 round!

I at least have a solid idea of how to swing my driver....feel like I'm continuing to get more solid.

.....just gotta make those putts...and we're still playing too much break on everything. That will be the difference

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally...the course was moving along so we were able to get in 18 holes...too bad, should have stopped at nine.

Was hitting the ball better, stayed out of the trees for the most part, and hit a putt the length of the green, 41 on the front.

Then the wheels fell off, did ok for the first two holes on the back, but then double bogied 12. Right about there I could feel my legs getting tired, and the glute pain was increasing. Had trouble shifting weight and often felt like i was playing softball. Last hole, down hill lie, second shot, I'm 155 out decided to go with a seven iron...thought i hit the perfect shot, ball is going straight at the pin, and then...it hit the back lip of the bunker and stuck. First attempt I couldn't get the ball up fast enough to clear the lip, ball bounced back to the middle o the bunker. Got out, two putted for a double bogie.
Shot a 47.

I was bummed.

Have a 1:57 tee time, don't think i have more than nine holes in the legs today.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubled 16 and choked a 2 footer on 17 for an 81 total....cripes. Wanted to share this with you guys and see what you think.

I don't care if you keep your score or you don't but at the end of the day, if you haven't kept your score, don't discuss your score.

My two buddies and I play the ball down, we play by the rules, we putt everything out. That's how we've always played and from my perspective, it's the only way to properly play the game. Now yesterday we were joined by a new club member. Nice guy, early 60s has a nice swing and a pleasant fellow to play with. I asked him if he'd like me to also keep his score and he said sure.

On the very first hole, he became frustrated and swept away a 5 footer that was for bogey. Nobody conceded the putt and nobody would have...it was a curler. So I really had no choice but to mark down a bogey 5 and move on which we did. On another occasion, he did the very same thing.

At the end of the day over beers I totaled the card. Dude was pleased with his 83 total.

This is the is-it-me? part of my post. I could have let it go but that stuff has always irked me, esp, when a tainted score bests another players score that's correct (No, he didn't best my score) so I said, "yeah, but you did sweep away a couple of 5 footers out there."

"Well call it an 85 then" he said. I replied, "You call it whatever you'd like to call it."

...and that was that. It wasn't angry or heated and I look forward to playing with him again but I did want to put him on notice. I'm guessing that he may think I'm a D_CK for saying something but I just can't tolerate the alternative of saying nothing and just accepting that kind of thing. I've seen it many times in the past and it's bs.

I'm sure some of you will call me uptight but perhaps a couple of you might agree.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubled 16 and choked a 2 footer on 17 for an 81 total....cripes. Wanted to share this with you guys and see what you think.

I don't care if you keep your score or you don't but at the end of the day, if you haven't kept your score, don't discuss your score.

My two buddies and I play the ball down, we play by the rules, we putt everything out. That's how we've always played and from my perspective, it's the only way to properly play the game. Now yesterday we were joined by a new club member. Nice guy, early 60s has a nice swing and a pleasant fellow to play with. I asked him if he'd like me to also keep his score and he said sure.

On the very first hole, he became frustrated and swept away a 5 footer that was for bogey. Nobody conceded the putt and nobody would have...it was a curler. So I really had no choice but to mark down a bogey 5 and move on which we did. On another occasion, he did the very same thing.

At the end of the day over beers I totaled the card. Dude was pleased with his 83 total.

This is the is-it-me? part of my post. I could have let it go but that stuff has always irked me, esp, when a tainted score bests another players score that's correct (No, he didn't best my score) so I said, "yeah, but you did sweep away a couple of 5 footers out there."

"Well call it an 85 then" he said. I replied, "You call it whatever you'd like to call it."

...and that was that. It wasn't angry or heated and I look forward to playing with him again but I did want to put him on notice. I'm guessing that he may think I'm a D_CK for saying something but I just can't tolerate the alternative of saying nothing and just accepting that kind of thing. I've seen it many times in the past and it's bs.

I'm sure some of you will call me uptight but perhaps a couple of you might agree.

My wife and i will concede short putts during a round, will also move a ball if it's on a patch of hard dirt. However, if we're playing with other people, then we putt out and take a stroke if we move the ball.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and i will concede short putts during a round, will also move a ball if it's on a patch of hard dirt. However, if we're playing with other people, then we putt out and take a stroke if we move the ball.

BTW..I wish my wife would concede five footers, those are the ones that can cause trouble.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree 100%.

To keep play moving, putts inside the leather on the putter are conceded, no "that's good" needed. We cap you at dbl par. Aside from that, we play it down...divots, play it as it lies. If it looks like you're heading OB, hit a provisional...if you're heading towards red stakes...particular attention is paid to where your ball is crossing the hazard margin.

When we (myself and two regulars) played the Frog...we played in our host's points/skin's game...they do "two off the 1st", "roll it" in the fairway, score is capped at your handicap ESC. He's pretty player, but on one hole he hit one sideways off the tee, 3rd in play, 4th in the water, blah, blah...he gets on the green and picks up..."7" he says...he was lying 8 on the green we thought....anyway, I can see now how these guys are posting so many sub 80 rounds and they didn't seem to swing it much better than us.

Well...I told him after the round, looking forward to having you up on our side of town, but some of the rules are different from how you guys play...the money game is simple...$5 on the front, $5 on the back, $5 overall, low score wins, 1 tie, all tie on any side.

No two off the 1st, no preferred lies, dbl par pickup, you can adjust for ESC to post after the round.