• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Roman Reigns the next John Cena?

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read on one of the wrestling websites that they are setting Reigns up to be the next top guy. Do yall think this is a good idea?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he gets a more lively personality, I just don't see it happening.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Reigns over Batista. If Reigns goes back to his samoan heritage, possibly, possibly, teams with the rock for some match, then maybe they can do this.

Remember, hulk hogan got the reins from Andre the giant, the poor guy was not able to enter the ring, so they brought him in on a lift to get him carried into the ring for the hogan match. Reigns will turn on the shield and become a face, and depending how many times it takes for him to get beat down by the two shield schmucks will depend on whether or not he can be the next guy.

But the way the wwe has been going, it will be hard to turn him into a face if say he leaves the two shield wimps to get beat down by the wyatts. I dont know if there will ever be a love hate guy like Cena again. Closest might have been stone cold with enough fans that loved and hated him.

If you look at the roster and think who will be that next guy, I think Reigns would be on top of alot of lists. I dont think WWE can ever truly forgive Batista for bailing and ultimately, might have let him come back just so reigns could beat him for the title he wins at wrestlemania.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Reigns is the "new Cena" in the sense that he's being groomed as the next #1 guy.

Cena's had a great run, but he's in his late 30's and has been running hard for over a decade.

Reigns can be a marquee guy, but if so he'll probably be more in the mold of WCW-era Goldberg. It'll be about his presence and physicality.

I'm not a Reigns fan per se, but he's the ultimate blue chip prospect... smart guy, big time athlete (college football Captain on teams Calvin Johnson), Hollywood looks for the female fanbase, comes from a storied wrestling family..

Plus the whole Shield concept let him get experience on the mic and in the ring, but protected him from having to work his way up the card

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reigns will be a star, but never like John Cena, but I'm a huge RR fan.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be cool, glad they're giving him a push. His rivalry with Bray Wyatt could really put him over. I like what they're doing with his character, which is something I don't usually say about the WWE.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. He doesn't have enough personality. He's on the rise and could hack it as a solo competitor for the long term (unlike, IMO, the other two Shield dweebs).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would make him the next Undertaker. They need a new brooding, popular character

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what a lot of you say. As much as I like Roman Reigns as a performer, his mic skills are rather weak. He does need to wok on the mic skills or else the best he could be is Batista.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way. He doesn't have enough personality. He's on the rise and could hack it as a solo competitor for the long term (unlike, IMO, the other two Shield dweebs).
Shield is still a really fun tag team unit to watch even without him. Thats their ceiling but they could stick around there for a long time, imo.

Big E is the one guy that seems like he is ready to step up but I think he would be best as a heel once the Wyatts break up (if they ever do :noidea:)