• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

road games

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone have any plans to check out any Giants games on the road this year? or checking any new parks off their list?

were going to be heading down to Anaheim next week and checking out two games there. also got hotel and flight booked for seattle in july. waiting to hear back from my cousin who lives up there before getting the tickets.

also going to be in LA when the doyers host the astros. may get to see the latrine finally.

(sorry if this has already been posted)

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am doing more minor league games in the Central Valley, the Cal League and the PCL. Cheaper to be sure.

Used to go to Coors every summer, as my son lived and worked in Denver, lived about three blocks from Coors. He recently moved to El Segundo, which is great for him.

I have been to

AT&T (Giants)
Target Field (Twins)
Coliseum (A's)
Camden Yards (Oriole's)
Fenway (Red Sox)
Wrigley (Cubs)
Dodger Stadium (Dogs)
Anaheim (Angels)
Petco (Padres)
Coors Field (Rox)
Nationals Park (Nationals)
Kauffman Stadium (Royals)

Older (not current) stadiums

The Stick (Giants)
Kingdome (Mariners)
Astrodome (Astros)
Jack Murphy Stadium (Padres)
HHH Dome (Twins)
Metropolitan Field (Twins)
Comisky Park (White Sox)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My career park list...

Petco (Padres)
Qualcomm (old Padres)
Candlestick (old Giants)
Wrigley (Cubs)
Yankee (old Yankees)
Pro Player (old Marlins)
Coliseum (A’s)

I do not plan on ever going to the latrine. Too dangerous for a Giants fan. Especially one like me, who will not temper my fandom. I need to get to AT&T. Embarrassing at this point to still have my phone-booth virginity intact.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My career park list...

Petco (Padres)
Qualcomm (old Padres)
Candlestick (old Giants)
Wrigley (Cubs)
Yankee (old Yankees)
Pro Player (old Marlins)
Coliseum (A’s)

I do not plan on ever going to the latrine. Too dangerous for a Giants fan. Especially one like me, who will not temper my fandom. I need to get to AT&T. Embarrassing at this point to still have my phone-booth virginity intact.
What? You've never been to Dodger Stadium? Okay, I do understand that. I remember going to a game there towards the end of the Bonds era with my wife, my parents and my brother. We weren't sporting any Giants' gear but the Dodger fans could smell the Giant awesomeness on us as we still got ribbed. Not sure what would have happened had we even had one piece of Giants' gear on us.

As for never attending AT&T, that is no excuse. The wife and I caught a game there in 2007 when she was about 8 months pregnant with our first born. What I don't like about that park is the price for tickets. The team was struggling and hadn't yet won any WS but, man!, the cost for a cheap seat was not cheap!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? You've never been to Dodger Stadium? Okay, I do understand that. I remember going to a game there towards the end of the Bonds era with my wife, my parents and my brother. We weren't sporting any Giants' gear but the Dodger fans could smell the Giant awesomeness on us as we still got ribbed. Not sure what would have happened had we even had one piece of Giants' gear on us.

As for never attending AT&T, that is no excuse. The wife and I caught a game there in 2007 when she was about 8 months pregnant with our first born. What I don't like about that park is the price for tickets. The team was struggling and hadn't yet won any WS but, man!, the cost for a cheap seat was not cheap!

They're pretty cheap right now. @calsnowskier if you're able to visit the area before June, tickets will be pretty cheap until then, especially a mid-week night game.

That sucks to hear about the dodgers' stadium. I still haven't been there and want to go.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having lived in Minneapolis for a couple of years I was able to check off a few of those mid-west stadiums

AT&T (Giants)
O.Co (A's)
Safeco (Mariners)
Chase (D-Backs)
Wrigley (Cubs)
U.S. Cellular (White Sox)
Target (Twins)
Miller (Brewers)

Definitely want to get to more

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This got me thinking of my own stadium list, here it goes:

Old and new Comiskey
Candlestick and AT&T
Oakland Coliseum
Wrigley
Fenway
Old Yankee Stadium
Old Astrodome and New Astros park

I think that's it

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having lived in Pasadena from 1985 to 2012, we went often to Dodger Stadium. You could tell we were not natives in that we arrived early and stayed the whole game!

Up until the McCourt era, the Dodger fans would be playful in their insults (unless they were drinking). I often wore my Giants gear and went with my Dodger friends. (I was there when Fernando Tatis hit TWO grand slams in the same inning off the same pitcher, Chan Ho Park. And I still have the scorecard from that game.)

But during when the McCourts took over, the place became more dangerous for Giants fans. I still went to games, but no Giants' gear.

It is a beautiful old stadium, and in twilight it is a magical place. She has aged well, but she is still an old stadium.

Traffic is awful.

They have an "all you can eat" pavilion in RF (I think). I took my son and his friends to a game in that section, and I am sure the staff were sorry that they were admitted. They ate constantly. I remember when it opened, I think even the beer was all you could drink until the 7th inning. That policy didn't last more than a month!

We found it easier (and nicer) just to drive from Pasadena to Sandy Eggo to see the Giants.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My MLB stadium list is pretty short:
Candlestick Park
AT&T Park
Qualcomm Stadium
Petco Park
Angel Stadium
Dodger Stadium

The only stadium in California I have yet to visit is O.Co.
It seems that whenever I go out of state, its during the offseason. I'd love to catch a game at quite a few parks around the country. Someday.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My MLB stadium list is pretty short:
Candlestick Park
AT&T Park
Qualcomm Stadium
Petco Park
Angel Stadium
Dodger Stadium

The only stadium in California I have yet to visit is O.Co.
It seems that whenever I go out of state, its during the offseason. I'd love to catch a game at quite a few parks around the country. Someday.

Nationals Park is pretty cool. They have three sets of retired numbers on the bricks behind home plate. One set is from the old Washington Senators. The next set is from the Montreal Expos. Do you know what team the third set is from?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nationals Park is pretty cool. They have three sets of retired numbers on the bricks behind home plate. One set is from the old Washington Senators. The next set is from the Montreal Expos. Do you know what team the third set is from?
There were two separate Senators franchises...

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a Nationals team for a couple of years in the late 1800s/early 1900s but I don't remember what league it was in. And I doubt anyone from back then would even had their numbers retired.

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone have any plans to check out any Giants games on the road this year? or checking any new parks off their list?

were going to be heading down to Anaheim next week and checking out two games there. also got hotel and flight booked for seattle in july. waiting to hear back from my cousin who lives up there before getting the tickets.

also going to be in LA when the doyers host the astros. may get to see the latrine finally.

(sorry if this has already been posted)
The latrine is best between 1st and 3rd on the lower deck. When I have sat anywhere else (well except for that skinny section) I would invariably witness fist fights.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The third team was the Homestead (Washington) Grays from the old ***** Leagues.

The Nationals′ home field, Nationals Park, includes numerous references to the Grays:
  • The "Ring of Honor" on the facade behind home plate lists the names of Cool Papa Bell, Ray Brown, Josh Gibson, Buck Leonard, Cum Posey, Jud Wilson, and players from the Nationals, Expos, original Washington Senators of 1901-1960, and expansion Washington Senators of 1961-1971. The Ring honors players who are members of the National Baseball Hall of Fame and had played "significant years" for at least one of the teams or "anyone who has made a significant contribution to the game of baseball in Washington, D.C." All six Grays players were among the original 18 inductees to the Ring of Honor when it was unveiled on August 10, 2010.
  • The multi-sport Washington Hall of Stars display in the outfield features Josh Gibson and Buck Leonard.
  • A statue of Josh Gibson (along with ones of original Senator Walter Johnson and second-run Senator Frank Howard) stands near the center field gate.

Reactions: LHG

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who owns the Expos history? Does that belong to the Nationals, or the city of Montreal?

For example, the Thunder have no claim to the SuperSonics history. Seattle owns that. Same deal with the Ravens. They have no claim to the Browns.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who owns the Expos history? Does that belong to the Nationals, or the city of Montreal?

For example, the Thunder have no claim to the SuperSonics history. Seattle owns that. Same deal with the Ravens. They have no claim to the Browns.

The Nats have it. At least on their Ring of Honor.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Nats have it. At least on their Ring of Honor.
I actually did a bit of research on that last night.

While I couldn’t find anything official (the Thunder and Ravens were specifically refused the rights to the histories by the NBA and NFL), it appears that the Nats are trying to force the connection while DC and Montreal fans both want no mixing. If (when) Montreal gets a new team, I assume there will be some agreement where the Nats abandon the history.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All time I've done:

AT&T
Candlestick
O.Co
Philly
Baltimore
Fenway
Target field
Angel stadium

My career park list...

Petco (Padres)
Qualcomm (old Padres)
Candlestick (old Giants)
Wrigley (Cubs)
Yankee (old Yankees)
Pro Player (old Marlins)
Coliseum (A’s)

was pro player as bad as it looked on TV and in video games?

The latrine is best between 1st and 3rd on the lower deck. When I have sat anywhere else (well except for that skinny section) I would invariably witness fist fights.

yeah that would definitely be a game i wouldn't want to get cheap tickets too. id also probably go with some family from down south who are dodger fans.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok, I'll weigh in on my list:

AT&T (and the Stick before that)
chavez latrine
Petco (and the Murph before that)
Keers
Chase (aka the BOB)
Wrigley
Busch (old and new)
PNC (and 3 rivers before)
Miller
Citi (and Shea prior)
Citizens Bank
Gnats Park

Still to go: Great American, Fish Park, Sun Trust (been to Turner)

This summer I'm going to Guaranteed Rate in June, and maybe I'll get to Sun Trust