• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RIP Bluepigpen

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have poked around earlier, but our dear friend @bluepigpen aka Don Toy passed away peacefully in July of this year.

Just thought I would let all the Rams faithful know of his passing.

Blue came to thoop like many of us as a SeeBS refugee. He was proud of his son who played minor league baseball as a pitcher, and how I came to know him back on the CBS boards asking who was that pitcher in his avi.

Blue always had a great outlook, and hoped for one last season with a Lombardi trophy before his final day, but I guess, he is joyful from above watching this season from the best seat in the house!

GOD speed dear friend!

Attachments

• 19a8d510-677c-47cc-8069-f913062e4d99.png
    19a8d510-677c-47cc-8069-f913062e4d99.png
    73.7 KB · Views: 6

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have poked around earlier, but our dear friend @bluepigpen aka Don Toy passed away peacefully in July of this year.

Blue came to thoop like many of us as a SeeBS refugee. He was proud of his son who played minor league baseball as a pitcher, and how I came to know him back on the CBS boards asking who was that pitcher in his avi.

Blue always had a great outlook, and hoped for one last season with a Lombardi trophy before his final day, but I guess, he is joyful from above watching this season from the best seat in the house!

GOD speed dear friend!

My condolences to his family and friend. This forum got a little less great without his input.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GOD speed dear friend!

Didn't now him......I don't think.......but RIP. Be at peace.....Don. (That's my dad's name)

How old was he, Mike? Do you know?

Cancer, heart attack?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't now him......I don't think.......but RIP. Be at peace.....Don. (That's my dad's name)

How old was he, Mike? Do you know?

Cancer, heart attack?
He was 65 DJ and I believe he was battling cancer for awhile.

Here is his obituary...

Donald Steven Toy passed away peacefully in his home July 17, 2017, in Lake Havasu City, Arizona, at the age of 65. Don was born on January 9, 1952 to Patrick and Elizabeth Toy in San Bernardino, CA.

Don graduated from Yucca Valley High School, Yucca Valley, California in 1970. In 1973 he found his career job of 43 years with San Bernardino County. In 1978 Don transferred with his job to Needles with his wife Brenda. They lived in several places along the Colorado River starting with Needles, California, Parker Dam, California and in 1998 moved to Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Don continued to work for San Bernardino County as the Dept. of Public Works Operations Supervisor in Needles, California up to the day of his passing. He loved working with his crew and the many people throughout his county career.

Don was a lover of all sports; and throughout his life he assisted in coaching high school football and coached Little League Baseball for the youth in Needles, California, Parker, Arizona and Lake Havasu City, Arizona. Following his years of coaching, umpiring for all of youth baseball became his next passion. He enjoyed playing a round of golf, NASCAR racing, NFL, MLB, and the NBA.

Don is survived by his wife of 39 years: Brenda Toy; son, Daren Toy; brother, William (JoAnn) Toy , of San Clemente, California; sister; Patricia (Steve)Toy-Steck, of Olathe, Kansas; nephew, Chris Toy, of Vista, California; niece, Tiffany Newlin, of Oceanside, California. He has an Uncle and 4 cousins in Lake Havasu City and family throughout the country.

Don loved his family with his whole heart and cherished every friendship. The family will be having a Celebration of Life during the fall season here in Lake Havasu City, as Don stated "It is too darn hot right now!"

Services were placed in the care of Lietz-Fraze Funeral Home. Thoughts and condolences can be made to the family at www.lietz-frazefuneralhome.com. To send a free card to the family, go to www.sendoutcards.com/lietzfraze.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....65 is not old.....sad news indeed.

I just turned 46 earlier this week.....can't imagine having less than 20 years left. The years fly by and suddeny you're middle aged.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that really sucks. I enjoyed having him around and thought that he was one of the many great members of this board. My condolences to his family if they are reading this. RIP and at least glad that he is no longer suffering.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that really sucks. I enjoyed having him around and thought that he was one of the many great members of this board. My condolences to his family if they are reading this. RIP and at least glad that he is no longer suffering.
I left a condolence on his obituary link to his family, if any of you would like to do so, you can find the link here...

Condolence for Donald Toy | Lietz-Fraze Funeral Home and Crematory

I actually left my screen name and along with my condolences talked about Blue, what he meant to our community, and all his sports 'pen pals' as I put it here on the Hoop and CBS...

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gotta love the part about Blue when they talked about having his services in the fall rather than the summer....

"It is just too darn hot right now!" :flame:
Oh how Bluepigpen loved to use them emoji's!! :eyebrows:

:angel:

:amen:

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Even though most of us suspected the worst - that he was fighting THE BATTLE - it just hit me like a rock to see the thread title. Blue and I agreed on most topics and I appreciated his support for not only my posts but for everyone's opinion.

Let's go all the way for Blue!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Even though most of us suspected the worst - that he was fighting THE BATTLE - it just hit me like a rock to see the thread title. Blue and I agreed on most topics and I appreciated his support for not only my posts but for everyone's opinion.

Let's go all the way for Blue!
Maybe that's the REAL reason for the Rams' turnaround this year Cub. Blue is sitting at the right hand of the Almighty himself and whispering in his very ear!

I know for a fact that whenever Blue talked about the Rams holding up the Lombardi trophy, I would say...

'From your lips to GOD's ear!'

So since no one can really explain the Rams 'drastic' turnaround there's got to be something to that angle. We all thought it would get better with McVay, but now, if it is Divine, we may very well go all the way!

Thank you Jesus! Thank you Blue!

You'll always be our boy Blue!

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad news, but happy he is no longer suffering from such a terrible disease.

Cancer has killed a couple of my family members over the years ( step grandma and step uncle ), and my grandma and uncle ( my dad's mom and brother ) are both battling cancer now.

You hope and pray they either go quickly so they don't have to suffer much, or they recover as quickly as possible because the constant years of fighting it and watching family members wither away is terrible and heartbreaking to say the least.

My condolences to his family and a big thank you to Vita for posting what you did on behalf of all of us here.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get in here that often, but ya that thread title jumped out at me. Very sad to hear, I think my life sucks right now, but also realize so many people are going through a worse time than me!
Knew it wasn't good when he talked about it at the end of last years football season. RIP Blue:(

Thanks for looking Into that and sharing Vita!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fly High Bluepigpen! I have always admired your strong knowledge of the game and your passion for our team! I've always enjoyed reading your posts and I know I will miss your sense of humor!