• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rg3's first INT

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In baseball they have this novel concept called a strike zone. If the pitcher can put the ball inside that strike zone without the batter hitting the ball, he gets a strike.

Now in NFL football WRs have this thing called a catch radius. If the QB puts the BIGGER ball inside the WRs catch radius, its normally expected to be caught by any WR worth his salt. Most good WRs catch radius extends from finger tip to finger tip of out spread arms, and from about mid thigh to about 2.5 feet over their head factoring in for the ability to jump.

All this to say, when the ball is at your knees when it gets to you, its not an expected catch, but an excellent play by the WR on a poorly delivered ball.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As we all know that is one of the things that Robert struggles at. He knew his keys looked at it but his brain would not let him release the ball. The question is, can he get better at that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In baseball they have this novel concept called a strike zone. If the pitcher can put the ball inside that strike zone without the batter hitting the ball, he gets a strike.

Now in NFL football WRs have this thing called a catch radius. If the QB puts the BIGGER ball inside the WRs catch radius, its normally expected to be caught by any WR worth his salt. Most good WRs catch radius extends from finger tip to finger tip of out spread arms, and from about mid thigh to about 2.5 feet over their head factoring in for the ability to jump.

All this to say, when the ball is at your knees when it gets to you, its not an expected catch, but an excellent play by the WR on a poorly delivered ball.

did you look at the pictures ? that is a ball he should catch . one knee on the ground

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did you look at the pictures ? that is a ball he should catch . one knee on the ground

I did look at the pictures, that was a ball he had to come back for AND go to his knees to even attempt to make a play on. under thrown and off target. When he looked for Paul there was not a defensive player within five yards of him and the Qb throws a low breaking slider. I agree that Paul still should have made the catch. However if the QB had made his first read throw, or even been accurate with the second read throw, we wouldnt e having this thread in all probability.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is Paul a TE supposed to catch that pass when the ball was at his ankles? Did you see Rg3 footwork on that 1st pick?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did look at the pictures, that was a ball he had to come back for AND go to his knees to even attempt to make a play on. under thrown and off target. When he looked for Paul there was not a defensive player within five yards of him and the Qb throws a low breaking slider. I agree that Paul still should have made the catch. However if the QB had made his first read throw, or even been accurate with the second read throw, we wouldnt e having this thread in all probability.

i said that in the first sentence i wrote hitting reed with the ball when he was open avoids all of this .

the int is on Rg3 because he blew the first easy read

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Larry Michael call was hilarious. Starts by saying how amazing the fake was , and somehow Paul ends up handing The ball to the interceptor?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just rewatched the play in realtime (Directv is both a blessing and a curse) Paul was wide open and sitting down in the zone when Griffin starts to throw. So basically he under threw a stationary target with the nearest defender being Larry Michael up in the booth. OK sarcasm a little there. But come on man, that play sucked the life out of the stadium before every one had even gotten seated.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, Niles Paul should have caught the ball. It was very catchable.

The problem is...if he catches it, we get nothing out of it. Paul was wide open and part of being a decent QB is to get the ball to the playmakers in a position to "make a play." RG3 has to throw the football better.

The real problem is...RG3 cannot read a defense, completely. He makes the initial read but hesitates to make the designed throw. It is a throw that I have spoken about numerous times being exactly what makes RG3 special because he causes the defense to be out of position. That does no good if you deliver an inaccurate pass or better yet, no pass at all.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Larry Michael call was hilarious. Starts by saying how amazing the fake was , and somehow Paul ends up handing The ball to the interceptor?

Some years ago I began to turn the sound down on TV and listen to Sonny, Sam and Frank because the televised teams were absolutely horrendous. The horrific TV broadcasts continue, but since Frank was removed from the booth, I've stopped listening to L. Michael because he absolutely sucks!!!! When it comes to the radio broadcast much like this team, we're being asked to accept what I'll generously call mediocrity!

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some years ago I began to turn the sound down on TV and listen to Sonny, Sam and Frank because the televised teams were absolutely horrendous. The horrific TV broadcasts continue, but since Frank was removed from the booth, I've stopped listening to L. Michael because he absolutely sucks!!!! When it comes to the radio broadcast much like this team, we're being asked to accept what I'll generously call mediocrity!

Can't do that anymore with the tv delay

Back to the play when it happened I was more pissed at Paul. That is a catchable ball for a high school receiver, no way he should have missed it let alone allowed it to turn into an INT. I still feel that way but the fact is Griffin put the whole disaster in motion with a poor pass. Then I see the pics. That first shot is pretty hard to defend. He's got a wide open target and he's cocked and ready to deliver. He also has Garcon wide open as well as Kick pointed out. To not throw the ball there is pathetic, no excuse.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line - perhaps Paul should have caught that, but it would be tough. The least of their problems. As you know - the real problem for this play & most of the game are the shortcomings of RG3. I believe that most folks could live with the occasional receiver not catching or tipping a ball for an INT. However - a QB who constantly underthrows, overthrows, doesn't read correctly, has poor footwork, etc is flat out not acceptable over time.

No real need to point out these isolated incidents since there is so much other damning evidence right now. It is up to RG3 to prove over the next several weeks that this is somewhat of a fluke or else he is probably screwed. Time will tell.