• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RG3 thread

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could he become a pocket passer ?

the world will never know.

it would have been much easier had they tried that approach day one, relying on his mobility as a backup.

but in this instant gratification & win now generation Mike knew he did not have the luxury to spend 3 years developing him behind beck & grossman ... i dont blame Mike & Kyle for tailoring the offense to his skill set.

But they should have known when to folded their cards.

They should have sat his ass the rest of the year after Baltimore.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda...

yeah, yeah i did say this before, lls

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was a one dimensional mobile qb ... they took that away and had nothing to fall back on.

Now, if Mike wanted to bring him up slowly, didnt feel the need to win now, allow him time to learn and develop and use his elusiveness as a fall back option ... but thats not what happens when you invest what Mike chose to invest.

have a feeling i am repeating myself again tho

I dont think you are repeating yourself. I think you have managed to ignore the whole 2013 off season where HE proclaimed he didnt want to run the offense best fitted to his skill set though. Mike made the best of the shitty situation he was handed and Griffin got a rookie of the year out of it. Mike didnt try to force him into being a pocket passer, RG3 made that choice.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think you are repeating yourself. I think you have managed to ignore the whole 2013 off season where HE proclaimed he didnt want to run the offense best fitted to his skill set though. Mike made the best of the shitty situation he was handed and Griffin got a rookie of the year out of it. Mike didnt try to force him into being a pocket passer, RG3 made that choice.

purdy sure i've said it was over after his knee was smashed ...

of course he no longer wanted to run that offense anymore in 2013... he knew it was no longer on the table.

i love you guys, but i am done trying to prove my point ...

see you guys on draft day

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were getting your ass kicked every time walking home down the same road,,, chances are you would want to change up and start walking down another road. Can't blame him for wanting to try and be a pocket passer. I can bet cha where ever he ends up he will try and go back to the RG3 of 2012 style of play. I believe he realizes he has too,,, and further wants too,,, to show the world and especially the skins,,, he still got it. I hope he gets a chance somewhere.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were getting your ass kicked every time walking home down the same road,,, chances are you would want to change up and start walking down another road. Can't blame him for wanting to try and be a pocket passer. I can bet cha where ever he ends up he will try and go back to the RG3 of 2012 style of play. I believe he realizes he has too,,, and further wants too,,, to show the world and especially the skins,,, he still got it. I hope he gets a chance somewhere.

I hoe he gets another chance to... in Cleveland.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See,, I like Cleveland,,, I guess I like to see losers finally win at times..I hope they don't fuck up and sign him. Not a good fit.... RG3 is a warm weather 3rd string QB.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See,, I like Cleveland,,, I guess I like to see losers finally win at times..I hope they don't fuck up and sign him. Not a good fit.... RG3 is a warm weather 3rd string QB.

I was actually hoping Philly would sign him. But they gave Bradford the moon. Although I wouldnt mind seeing him in Dallas as i think that would be a serious train wreck.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was a one dimensional mobile qb ... they took that away and had nothing to fall back on.

Now, if Mike wanted to bring him up slowly, didnt feel the need to win now, allow him time to learn and develop and use his elusiveness as a fall back option ... but thats not what happens when you invest what Mike chose to invest.

have a feeling i am repeating myself again tho

So your suggestion was to sit him out and never utilize what made him special even though he won the division as a rookie?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to give Kyle Shanahan credit .... for a year he made most folks think we had the Hope diamond.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problems with RGIII becoming a pocket passer should've been somewhat apparent when he came from a system that didn't use a playbook. Instead, he played in spread offense where he usually made one read and didn't have to read defenses or throw in between the hash marks.

To his credit, RGIII wanted to transition into becoming a pocket passer. But he didn't realize how unprepared he was for that role. Shanahan had a five-year plan for him where he'd employ RGIII in the 50-series and gradually turn him into a pocket passer. Unfortunately, RGIII's ego wanted to accelerate that schedule and push a learning curve he couldn't handle. This reared its ugly head early on when Kirk started the Cleveland game after RGIII tweaked his knee against Baltimore. Shanny put Kirk in a more traditional style offense. RGIII took exception to that and demanded to know why he wasn't playing in that type of an offense, thus starting the rift between him and the Shanahans. Things really came unglued after RGIII tore his ACL in the Seattle playoff game.

RGIII then demanded to play beginning the next year. He didn't participate in any offseason activities, didn't play in any pre-season games, and was still hurt. This was basically the beginning of the end. RGIII couldn't figure out how to be a pocket passer and then got hurt again. While you can point out that Shanahan should've been the adult in the room, the reality was that the buck didn't stop with him. If you doubt this, you're simply naive. RGIII could bend the owner's ear to demand what he wanted in terms of playing time and other aspects of his play. And we all know how that turned out: he simply couldn't hack it as a pocket QB. This all came to a climax in the Detroit pre-season game last year. That game highlighted some of his many flaws as a traditional QB, including the fact that he couldn't stay still in the pocket and would move directly into pressure. His play that game opened things up for Kirk, and the rest if history.

Can RGIII become a pocket passer? Maybe. But he's got to tamp down his ego and show he's willing to learn as a backup first. If he can't do that, he's done. And personally, I don't see him making that transition. But we shall see, won't we?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont buy the knee in jury ruined him stuff . older generation or not there are things he failed to do . one when people broke open he wouldnt throw the ball . did the knee block his eyesight ?

he didnt trust his reads , couldnt recognize blitz's . that isnt the knee that is lack of mental preparation

ranadal cunningham was as athletic a qb as there has ever been yet he became a guy who could perform in the pocket with the vikings

i could give RG3 5 years if i saw improvement on the mental side of the game it wasnt forthcoming and the lions game in preseason was a replay of 13, 14 and soon to be 15

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm an older guy bc I was alive and a young fan when the Redskins won their super bowls, and I wish RG3 well, and like Krush, think of 2012 as a special year to be a Redskins fan.

Also like Krush, I don't get the hate for a player who - yes, might have been very self centered -STILL was an electrifying presence who filled this redskin's fan's heart with joy, for one year.

Saying it a different way, hatingRG3 and wishing him ill will isn't going to change the past, but it will most likely make you less happy. The kid does solid work in the community. Have a year or two in the AFC, RG3, and kindly remember to hi,d onto the ball too long, take unnecessary sacks, and not trust your reads when you play the Redskins next time!

Anyhoo, captain Kirk's team now....

skins_warrior26

KFFL ALUM '05 - World Champions Soon Again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an exhilarating 2012, and a very very very unfortunate 2013, 2014.
I wish him good luck.

Also, Blaze I just saw your message from September on KFFL.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
goodness ... forgot how explosively fast he can be

but still looks goofy trying to slide

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to move on he is a. Brown now

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but he's still a POS. Creeps on his wife months after their first baby, then servers her with divorce papers as she learns he has his girlfriend's name tattood. I won't root for injury but I will root for total failure..

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too weird, I hit refresh and learned this thread has been moved to the Browns board. Not sure I understand, are we now not allowed to talk about a former Redskin who was obviously a huge story in Washington on the Redskins board?

Well since I'm here I may as well echo a sentiment posted earlier, I root for the Browns every year. You guys are great fans who have gotten the short end in so many ways for generation and still you retain your loyalty. You deserve better and I hope it happens for you.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whoever moved this is overthinking things