• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Reuben Foster = Aldon Smith II?

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I don't really have a need for it where I live in the middle of no where. If you are going to own a gun in a state like California which I'm sure has strict laws you need to know them especially if that gun is an assault rifle. This is another sign of his immaturity.
I hope he shapes up but next incident I would cut him.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said I don't really have a need for it where I live in the middle of no where. If you are going to own a gun in a state like California which I'm sure has strict laws you need to know them especially if that gun is an assault rifle. This is another sign of his immaturity.

Licensed gun stores in California would not be selling guns that are illegal in California. If he really wanted all an AR, all he needs to do is go to a CA gun store and buy one there which will be compliant with CA law. I am sure he brought this gun in from another state which is what Aldon Smith did.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people like guns for target shooting. I only use mine for hunting and it was given to me by my father. I do know people where I live that own them and use them for target shooting not criminal activity. Most criminal activity is done with a hand gun which is much smaller and easier to conceal.

You are talking as a normal person, Foster is a loose cannon with a gun, completely different story.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are talking as a normal person, Foster is a loose cannon with a gun, completely different story.
Yes I am but this was more in response to a post that assault rifles were for crimnal activity.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I doubt the organization will have more clarity on Foster by that time, but at least it's before the draft.....

Roquan Smith and Foster running around coulda been Willis/Bowman all over again....maybe they should grab Smith cause not only is he an awesome player (in college at least) but he's apparently clean off the field and could protect the defense if SF decides to cut ties permanently with RF.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the organization will have more clarity on Foster by that time, but at least it's before the draft.....

Roquan Smith and Foster running around coulda been Willis/Bowman all over again....maybe they should grab Smith cause not only is he an awesome player (in college at least) but he's apparently clean off the field and could protect the defense if SF decides to cut ties permanently with RF.

At least by that time they should know whether he is going to get charged with a crime. If he is, I suspect the punishment could be stiffer

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least by that time they should know whether he is going to get charged with a crime. If he is, I suspect the punishment could be stiffer

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get tagged with something....although it's drawn out longer than I thought it would.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll be surprised if he doesn't get tagged with something....although it's drawn out longer than I thought it would.

Yes, if not from County or State laws, then from the NFL. Foster will lose games this season, we just don't know how many?

Doesn't seem like they know enough to let this affect the draft? So you draft the most talent you can, not "push" ILB, thinking Foster will be suspended.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, if not from County or State laws, then from the NFL. Foster will lose games this season, we just don't know how many?

Doesn't seem like they know enough to let this affect the draft? So you draft the most talent you can, not "push" ILB, thinking Foster will be suspended.

The NFL will come down on him, but it is just a matter of how hard. If the DA decides to drop the matter and there isn't any damning evidence he might slide with just s 6 game suspension. If the DA decides to prosecute him and the evidence shows Foster did something much worse than the punishment could be much more than a few games.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The NFL will come down on him, but it is just a matter of how hard. If the DA decides to drop the matter and there isn't any damning evidence he might slide with just s 6 game suspension. If the DA decides to prosecute him and the evidence shows Foster did something much worse than the punishment could be much more than a few games.

Yes, i would think the NFL at very least will suspend him. Even if these charges are dropped, he had the marijuana issue plus combine. The NFL has to come down hard and 6 games would qualify as 'hard'.

But going into the draft, this can't be a big influence on what they do.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But going into the draft, this can't be a big influence on what they do.

Disagree with this. At this point, the team simply can't trust Foster...too much crap in such little time which will see him lose probably 6 games min. this season. That's assuming he doesn't do anything else stupid from here on....no way I'd believe that.

Now...look at the Niners LB crew without Foster....we'll definitely need guys who can make plays in space with Gurley and David Johnson out of the backfield. The 'backer crew w/o Foster will get torn up play after play.

If anything...SF has to go into this draft with a mindset that Foster doesn't even exist.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree with this. At this point, the team simply can't trust Foster...too much crap in such little time which will see him lose probably 6 games min. this season. That's assuming he doesn't do anything else stupid from here on....no way I'd believe that.

Now...look at the Niners LB crew without Foster....we'll definitely need guys who can make plays in space with Gurley and David Johnson out of the backfield. The 'backer crew w/o Foster will get torn up play after play.

If anything...SF has to go into this draft with a mindset that Foster doesn't even exist.

I think it means they will take A LB but in which round who knows. I don't think Fosters issues will force them to take a LB at 9.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it means they will take A LB but in which round who knows. I don't think Fosters issues will force them to take a LB at 9.

Force them? Probably not....but if a guy like Smith falls into your lap, and you can obviously use him (again...even if Foster is clean from here on in, pairing those two would be awesome and would go a long way in neutralizing someone like Gurley given he is the hub of the Ram offense) I think you can take him. That's not to say I'll be angry if they took someone like Nelson or Landry if they are there. I'd be happy as they fill needs.

I still think Lynch/Shanahan are now operating as if Foster can't be counted on.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should operate like he can't be counted on because he can't. I don't view Smith falling into your lap as that is the area of the draft he has been projected to go. I don't think they will leave a player who they believe is a superior player on the board simple to draft Smith or a LB because of need. They will take the best player which is what they should do unless it's QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

You disagree which is fine, but isn't that what i said?!

"But going into the draft, this can't be a big influence on what they do."

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yes, if value is best at ILB, then draft him whatever round that is. But we all agree you don't "force" a LB because of Foster's situation.

The draft is mostly about the players on the board, not what's on your team or happening to your team. This isn't saying it is only the board, but your decision is mostly on which players present most value.