• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Renovations APPROVED for Roland-Garros!

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced.

Cover roofs, better facilities, and upgrades to the locker rooms.

Great news for Paris and the French Open. I will always love the FO the most and it's great to see them doing what's needed to keep this the most unique tennis tournament in Tennis.

The new stadium project

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news.

Will there be lights? On all courts, or only Philippe Chatrier?

When will this be complete?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best renovation would be to change the surface to real clay.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced.

I will always love the FO the most

The new stadium project
finally, i'm not the only one on here

always my favorite tennis of the year

unless it's a downpour, they can keep playing, so the roofs aren't that big of a deal to me. the best upgrade for me as a viewer would be night matches, or at least good lighting in case the day sessions bleed into darkness.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best renovation would be to change the surface to real clay.
i'm assuming you're joking.

the brick/limestone/gravel mixture is what has been "clay" for tennis since its origin 120 years ago. at no point in time did anybody think it would be a good idea to play on raw clay. that would be fucking stupid. lol.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm assuming you're joking.

the brick/limestone/gravel mixture is what has been "clay" for tennis since its origin 120 years ago. at no point in time did anybody think it would be a good idea to play on raw clay. that would be fucking stupid. lol.

No real clay is a better playing surface. It just does not dry out fast at all. Thats why crushed brick was introduced over 100 years ago. The Green (har tru) basalt clay is much better than the brick. That would be a good compromise as it does not stay moist like clay but is not a dust bowl like the brick. I am surprised more former clay players dont have lung issues due to sucking in all that brick dust.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real clay is a better playing surface. It just does not dry out fast at all. Thats why crushed brick was introduced over 100 years ago. The Green (har tru) basalt clay is much better than the brick. That would be a good compromise as it does not stay moist like clay but is not a dust bowl like the brick. I am surprised more former clay players dont have lung issues due to sucking in all that brick dust.

Why doesn't the Green basalt clay produce as much dust as the FO clay?

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why doesn't the Green basalt clay produce as much dust as the FO clay?

Basalt is volcanic rock. It is not as dry as brick. Brick is actually made up of clay and other igneous rock. Unfortunately it is ground into dust when applied to tennis courts. It is softer than the Green and blows a round a lot easier because there is no coating applied to it like the Green has. Red clay also contains Fluorine which is toxic to the body. Those who prefer Red only do so for tradition reasons and the fact that it is great for fat slow people because the ball slows down and bounces up high. Green clay is far superior in all ways imaginable and much safer.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basalt is volcanic rock. It is not as dry as brick. Brick is actually made up of clay and other igneous rock. Unfortunately it is ground into dust when applied to tennis courts. It is softer than the Green and blows a round a lot easier because there is no coating applied to it like the Green has. Red clay also contains Fluorine which is toxic to the body. Those who prefer Red only do so for tradition reasons and the fact that it is great for fat slow people because the ball slows down and bounces up high. Green clay is far superior in all ways imaginable and much safer.

Maybe not as good for short, fat, slow people? Only the tall, fat, slow people?

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No real clay is a better playing surface. .
you sound like a dilettante. please stop.

i need to know you're actually a tennis fan, no matter how much you don't care for clay.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not as good for short, fat, slow people? Only the tall, fat, slow people?
please don't pay attention to what he's saying.

clay is better on the joints than any other surface, and the fittest players with the best movement are the ones who excel on it. the majority who play on clay are in countries that don't have an obesity epidemic like the US/UK do, so nothing else needs to be said to repudiate that particular stupidity.

a little fatty named marion bartoli won wimbledon for fuck's sake. who was the last chub to win roland garros?

aside from the disastrous experiment with playing with clay a few years back, grass is much more unsafe, even with cleats, and tennis players aren't even allowed to wear those. i enjoy all tennis, including grass, so don't get me wrong. the borderline vapid and ignorant comments just get to me sometimes. no clue why people can't just enjoy it all.

Last edited:

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you sound like a dilettante. please stop.

i need to know you're actually a tennis fan, no matter how much you don't care for clay.

I am more of a player than a fan, but I still watch. After almost winning the national championships at 4.0 last year I am a 4.5 player this year. We talked about that at length last year.

Pay attention. And while you are at it, get a personality and a sense of humor.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is great news.

Will there be lights? On all courts, or only Philippe Chatrier?

When will this be complete?

Doesn't look like new lights?

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the order of harmful to harmless ( especially where joints are concerned)

1. True hardcourts (cement)
2. Plexicushion hardcourt
3. Indoor carpet
4. clay
5. Grass

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which tourneys use Plexicushion?

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which tourneys use Plexicushion?
Australian open used to be I think or was it AstroTurf? Anyways less harmful than US hardcourts

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3