• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular season thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited and not worried about the cash. Bill, Carroll, Tomlin, and Payton would all be getting more if they were FA HC's.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Del Rio is getting fired it sounds like. Told you he wasn't a very good coach.

So getting fired means you aren't good? LOL

He's 1 season removed from 12-4.....I'm still pissed (even though I'm happy with Gruden) about that.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well can't really give much of an assessment until I see his staff. That was one of my knocks on Del Rio was I didn't think he brought in a great staff around him and that he and the entire staff would hold back a team with some talent.

As for Gruden himself he is a huge wildcard. He hasn't been in the coaching game for a while so have to expect there will be a bit of an adjustment period. It could also be that the time away has helped make him an even better coach getting an opportunity to talk with other guys and watch a variety of teams/schemes play and what works and what doesn't. So at this point I would give that hire an incomplete.

There is also talk of firing Reggie McKenzie and Gruden getting GM duties as well. I think that would be a huge mistake if that happens. Going from 0 to all of a sudden you are the head coach and GM of the team just seems like way too much put on his plate day 1.

Just the HC.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just the HC.

Well just the HC. Again some of this depends on does he get GM duties as well? Again hearing rumors they will let go of McKenzie and let Gruden control all personnel decisions. IF that happens then this is a really stupid hire in my opinion.

If we are just talking head coach I dont' think it is a great hire either. In 11 years as a HC his team only reached the playoffs 5 times. One of those (his only Super Bowl win) I would say was in big part because another coach had assembled a great team. He coached the team to victory of course but the defense was in place to be championship caliber. He is more known for what he brings to an offense so the fact that they won that Super Bowl on the back of the defense to just shows he wasn't the biggest reason they won.

I think he is a decent coach but I just think he has been overhyped as time has gone on. He has reached this legendary status that his actual coaching career would not show. I'm also interested to see how 10 years away from the game effects him. Maybe it was good and his time in the booth helped him see the game in a new way. It just hasn't gone well in the past when coaches have unretired after being away for a few years.

Dick Vermeil is about the only one that has sat out a few years and come back and had success. Legendary coach Paul Brown tried to come back and never won another playoff game and only made the playoffs in 3 of the 8 seasons he returned for. Tom Flores went 14-34 after returning. Stepped away for 5 years. Joe Gibbs returned and went only 30-34. Mike Ditka after 4 years away returned and only won 15 games in 3 years. Art Shell after 5 years fully away from the game returned to the Raiders and well I think you all know how that went with him going 2-14 and fired after just one season. So again for the most part every coach that has sat out a long period of the game it just hasn't ended well when they came back. The game passed them by.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So getting fired means you aren't good? LOL

He's 1 season removed from 12-4.....I'm still pissed (even though I'm happy with Gruden) about that.

It doesn't always mean you are bad, but in this case I do think Del Rio is not a good HC. Last year there were a lot of very close wins that most seasons don't go the way they did. I can give you plenty of stats to back up that the odds of the Raiders going 12-4 in that season are pretty darn slim. That the talent was closer to an 8-8 type team. So this year them going 6-10 just isn't that big of a shock to me. I said from the beginning they would come back to earth and all these analyst predicting them to the Super Bowl just made me laugh.

I watched him here in Denver piss away a great defense in 2014. He had about as much talent as you can have on one defense and his coaching is what held that unit back. He had guys playing out of position. He kept dropping Von Miller back in coverage on obvious passing situations. He was asking TJ Ward to be their coverage safety when that is nowhere near what he is good at. He had their CB's playing so much off man/zone coverage that it wasn't even funny when both of our top CB's are great at press. Again why I said the minute they signed Sean Smith how stupid of a decision that was and so far that has been true that he went from top-10 CB with the Chiefs as a press-man CB to Off-man with the Chiefs and barely playing average.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My goodness the offense Gruden will be running will be spectacular!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Louis Riddick is right, his new offense will be no joke! He spent 9 years building his new version of offense and will now break it out this coming season. It's all out there, go read it!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game fixing! WWE
Slurp them some more media!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man not a good start for Gruden. Raiders could get fined or even worse lose some draft picks because of breaking the Rooney rule. Ex-players coming out and saying they didn't like him as a coach and warn current players of some of the things he will pull.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man not a good start for Gruden. Raiders could get fined or even worse lose some draft picks because of breaking the Rooney rule. Ex-players coming out and saying they didn't like him as a coach and warn current players of some of the things he will pull.
The Rooney rule? Loss of draft picks? LOL. That just silly, stop it.

What players are the ones crying that in Camp Chucky you come to earn that money? Sapp?

cd, do you think the league will let the Pats lose in these playoffs? Anyways i don't want to post in this thread anymore.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One flag cd, just one! Not possible man. Remember how i told you how they fix games? I raked it in, did you??

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHAHA! Man, these people on TV want the people to buy what they sell. Smh!
Now they know why people are changing the channel. LOL pimp that fake new somewhere else. I mean really?!
Ya a sucker if you ain't cleaning up $$

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to meet Reggie McKenzie by the way.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry was down at the Senior Bowl. We've had this conversation a few times so don't feel like getting back into it.
Just so ya know, i was right on that one.

Senior bowl eh? I just seen it dude. Who were you scouting? Baker Mayfield and Allen i bet?