• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Redskins @ Falcons (Week 15)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My intial thought was "well okay, we are 3-10 why not go for two" but after a great drive by the offense that is a bitter pill to swallow.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That call was ridiculous. Seriously, what is it with these gut feeling calls that just don't go our way. You have to realize you can go into OT and finish the game on less risky territory. smh

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone please give me a recap of the game. How did the 1) Team look 2) Cousins look 3) Defense look 4) Other

I hate at times living in Florida instead of Northern VA on game days. They only show the shitty Bucs, Dolphins and Jags games.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From not seeing the game I would go for 2 at the end of the game. You don't succeed then you still have a great pick in every rd. You do get the 2pt conversation and you brought the team together and might have saved your ass (Shanny) in case Snyder was going to fire you.

If the team is 8-5 I would say it was a dumb call but being 3-and a lot then why not go for it.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I hope Cousins can win the last two, he deserves to be traded and help us get some value for him. Obviously the media and fans would eventually turn on him too.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually went to the game, so imagine my pain. Kirk Cousins had an outstanding drive. While the drive was going on, I had a gut feeling that they would go for two. However, my thought was, "they wouldn't do something that stupid". Of course, the Shanahanigans proved me wrong, yet again. I was hot, people. :gaah:

SaintGibbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the feeling that this fickle bunch would have been pissed if we hadn't gone for 2 and then lost in overtime. :)

I was at the game. I liked the call to go for it. Our season is over. Winning makes no difference one way or another, and Kirk had a really good game except for the interception when he threw short and missed a wide open Santana for a walk in touch down.

If Kirk makes that throw and converts the two points for the win...it would be the 2nd top story of the day behind that epic Brokeback meltdown, and his stock would jump.

Last edited by a moderator:

antrodemus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do I get the feeling that this fickle bunch would have been pissed if we hadn't gone for 2 and then lost in overtime. :)

I was at the game. I liked the call to go for it. Our season is over. Winning makes no difference one way or another, and Kirk had a really good game except for the interception when he threw short and missed a wide open Santana for a walk in touch down.

If Kirk makes that throw and converts the two points for the win...it would be the 2nd top story of the day behind that epic Brokeback meltdown, and his stock would jump.

It makes a difference to St. Louis...

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i dont like the call to go for it . kick the PAT and play for OT . more snaps for KC .

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont like the call to go for it . kick the PAT and play for OT . more snaps for KC .

You really would trust our defense to stop any team in a critical situation like sudden death? If we would have lost the flip, it's a good chance that Kirk never gets on the field again. I realize our defense played well, but it was just a matter of time before we screwed up, if history is accurate.

For this reason and due to the fact we were on the road, I thought it was a good decision. I was actually expecting a QB draw, that's our staple call down there in that situation.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really would trust our defense to stop any team in a critical situation like sudden death? If we would have lost the flip, it's a good chance that Kirk never gets on the field again. I realize our defense played well, but it was just a matter of time before we screwed up, if history is accurate.

For this reason and due to the fact we were on the road, I thought it was a good decision. I was actually expecting a QB draw, that's our staple call down there in that situation.

Yep, our staple call but apparently Kirk gets different plays called for him. The last play resulted in him having no one open, pass blocking broke down, flushed out of the pocket, low percentage pass thrown out of the end zone. Sounds like our season in a nut shell. :gaah:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my question is would you do that if we were in a playoff hunt ? if your answer is yes then ok

we did have momentum didnt we ?

i would have kicked the pat and went to OT we won an OT game this year didnt we?

it was the wrong play and the wrong call to me i do see your point but to me you do what you would have done if the playoffs were in play

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is would you do that if we were in a playoff hunt ? if your answer is yes then ok

we did have momentum didnt we ?

i would have kicked the pat and went to OT we won an OT game this year didnt we?

it was the wrong play and the wrong call to me i do see your point but to me you do what you would have done if the playoffs were in play

The rule of thumb for this situation is that when you are on the road, you go for the win. When you are at home, you go into OT. The theory is that you will have the crowd behind you when at home which helps in OT. I still think it was a good call to go for 2. The play call itself, I'm not so sure. We only had 3 go out and Morgan and Garcon were only 10 yds from each other, making 3 DBs in the same area.