• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rebels riding a 7 game winning streak

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the close loss to #1 AZ, the Rebels have been putting it together. Finally showing some real PG play, and the Khem Birch/Roscoe Smith tandem have been rediculous on the boards. I wasn't sure what they were going to do this season, but looks like thay have got their feet back under them and are playing as a team again.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and shit the bed against air force. Why dont i keep my fucking mouth shut?

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta be honest with you I don't think UNLV is very good this year. I think they will have flashes of greatness as well as bad games. They will be inconsistant. Although I think UNLV has the talent and players to be very good. This team is still inexperienced. I hate to say this but I think a reason for the poor play is the coaching staff. Dave Rice is still a fairly inexperienced head coach.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed that Rice has a long way to go, also we are going to get crushed in the SDSU game for coaching reasons. Who was the coach who just left UNLV for them, and it was rumored that it was because he wasnt allowed to do what he wanted defensively? I should look it up, but he will be ready to wreck UNLV, with their lack of ability to penetrate the zone D, and He knows everything the do. Not looking forward to that game.

They have talent, and I think they will only get better, but only returning 2 starters has hurt, and BDJ was out early with a hamstring. They have shown signs of greatness like you said, but I cant argue with you about coaching.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit that was bad. They have no identity on offense, and no consistentcy on defense, or with their effort over the last two losses. Its aweful, and makes me think DR may have needed to be a head coach somewhere smaller first instead of landing UNLV as his first head coaching job. Down the stretch in close games he makes horrible decisions. I was screaming for a foul late in the game and it was like they just gave up. Terrible home losses, they better kick ass on the orad in these tough games, or they could slip right off the page.

unlvmariners

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit that was bad. They have no identity on offense, and no consistentcy on defense, or with their effort over the last two losses. Its aweful, and makes me think DR may have needed to be a head coach somewhere smaller first instead of landing UNLV as his first head coaching job. Down the stretch in close games he makes horrible decisions. I was screaming for a foul late in the game and it was like they just gave up. Terrible home losses, they better kick ass on the orad in these tough games, or they could slip right off the page.

The team isn't playing up to its potential sadly. It is frustrating and I can recall the same thing happening with some of Krugers teams but not to level that Rice has. Coach Rice has recruited some very high level players during his time as UNLV head coach. I understand that the team is young and inexperienced but they shouldn't be loosing home games to Air Force and UNR. Dave Rice looks like crap right now