• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB Rashaad Penny in the 1st

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penny is nice, but the best RB they got from this year's college players is UDFA Jamal Morrow.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morrow is a longshot to make the team. Penny and Carson are the top 2 ballcarriers, and then you have both Prosise and McKissic as 3rd down options. McKissic can also contribute on ST to enhance his value. Morrow's tight window of opportunity is probably connected to Prosise getting injured.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Morrow is a longshot to make the team. Penny and Carson are the top 2 ballcarriers, and then you have both Prosise and McKissic as 3rd down options. McKissic can also contribute on ST to enhance his value. Morrow's tight window of opportunity is probably connected to Prosise getting injured.

Well of course it is.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Rashaad Penny really showed why he was a 1st round draft pick yesterday.

He keeps playing like that and can stay healthy, I think he will be the starting RB pretty darn soon.

Warden

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a nice one two punch at the running back position, which is desired when you are a run oriented team.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a nice one two punch at the running back position, which is desired when you are a run oriented team.

We only have a 1-2 punch if Carson stops fumbling. He has 10 fumbles, if you include the 2 botched handoffs. In 11 games. And both of yesterdays, and especially the one one that was put on Wilson's ledger, were just terrible.

I can live with a runner fumbling because a defender got a helmet on the ball. That happens. That's largely a matter of chance.

But Carson's 1st fumble was a lack of ball discipline and his 2nd was because he wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that the play changed to a run play. Those are not acceptable.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashaad Penny, that damn bust.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rashaad Penny, that damn bust.

A lot of fans seem to want to label Penny as Christine Michael 2.0. But the truth is that when Penny has been healthy he's generally been effective. He has a 6.0 YPC on 130 carries in his career. The big problem for him is A) everytime he starts to get things going he gets hurt and B) Chris Carson is ahead of him on the depth chart.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of fans seem to want to label Penny as Christine Michael 2.0. But the truth is that when Penny has been healthy he's generally been effective. He has a 6.0 YPC on 130 carries in his career. The big problem for him is A) everytime he starts to get things going he gets hurt and B) Chris Carson is ahead of him on the depth chart.
Yeah, Chris Carson being really good doesn't make Penny less good - a concept that some are wrestling with.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I really like Penny. And I also really like Carson. I think if Carson didn't fumble so much he's the far better RB over all between the two though. He just seems to run so much harder than Penny. If it was 4th and 2 with the game on the line if you don't make it which guy do you prefer in there?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to consider if we are comparing oddball things both RB's did yesterday; Carson had the extremely odd hand off that was fumbled where he didn't even look like he knew he was involved in the play. A total brain fart from Carson on that play that cost us the ball. But Penny had an almost equally absurd play on the one Wilson sack where he totally ignored the rusher coming from the edge (actually turned his head and didn't even see him somehow) and Wilson got smoked (blindsided really) from behind. We were extremely lucky that Russ didn't lose the ball there and/or get injured. I have no idea how Penny couldn't see that guy coming and at least chip him a little bit. Odd.

So both backs had mental lapses yesterday.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing to consider if we are comparing oddball things both RB's did yesterday; Carson had the extremely odd hand off that was fumbled where he didn't even look like he knew he was involved in the play. A total brain fart from Carson on that play that cost us the ball. But Penny had an almost equally absurd play on the one Wilson sack where he totally ignored the rusher coming from the edge (actually turned his head and didn't even see him somehow) and Wilson got smoked (blindsided really) from behind. We were extremely lucky that Russ didn't lose the ball there and/or get injured. I have no idea how Penny couldn't see that guy coming and at least chip him a little bit. Odd.

Yep, Penny jacked that up for sure. Offensive mistakes all over the place yesterday.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still prefer Carson I just enjoy his physical style over Penny who needs space to out run defenders or solid blocking to elusively maneuver around defenders. I have seen Carson muscle his way for extra yards every time while Penny goes down on first contact. Either way I wouldnt make any changes the team is 9-2 with Carson as the lead back.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That Wilson sack looked like a completely botched play from the start. Seemed like either Wilson or Penny or the center had the timing completely off.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Wilson sack looked like a completely botched play from the start. Seemed like either Wilson or Penny or the center had the timing completely off.

That's possible. To me it kind of looked like Penny thought it might be a screen and he was turning back over his left shoulder to see if the ball was going to be thrown to him just as Malcolm Jenkins went by him on his right side shoulder. Still, even if he thought it was a screen he's still supposed to pick up the rusher, then release him, and then look for the pass. How Penny didn't see him coming (at all!!) is plain amazing to me.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People were talking about trading Penny and I was begging them to pump the breaks! I didn't even want to trade Penny for Clowney as much as I wanted Clowney... I think Penny is gonna be a solid NFL back for a lot of years... Carson and his fumble issues are starting to raise questions about him, having Penny gives us some back-up options...