• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RB Rashaad Penny in the 1st

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like that we landed a 3rd & 6th in addition to drafting Penny.

I’m over the whole over draft nonsense with the Hawks. They go for the guys they want and I’m cool with that. He and Carson are gonna be a solid duo, good first day.

Go Hawks!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like that we landed a 3rd & 6th in addition to drafting Penny.

I’m over the whole over draft nonsense with the Hawks. They go for the guys they want and I’m cool with that. He and Carson are gonna be a solid duo, good first day.

Go Hawks!

Does he take over the KO duties? He seems to have quick get away speed.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the pick... I really wanted Guice. I understand Michel has some fumble problems and Pete hates that, but whatever. Penny seems to go immediately down after contact and from what I've read is not that great of a blocker. Decent breakaway speed but seems a little soft. Seems like a Christine Michael clone in the above and the fact most expect him to struggle learning the playbook and offense early on.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Penny and I think that if all these other backs were so good they would have been picked already. I dont believe in teams not drafting a back early because there are plenty of backs to choose from if you are a great player and you can change the dynamic of your run game you will not be passed up.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like a Christine Michael clone in the above

Figures that you would say that. CM was and is an idiot. I remember hearing his initial interview. What the hell did PC and JS see in this guy? Not intelligence. I don't believe that is the case with Penny. CM was a reach, not even the main guy.
RP was the guy. 2,200+ yards and great games against AzSt, Stanford, Army. And STUD return guy.
BUT not an SEC Player, so discounted. Where did Hunt go to school? NOT the SEC.

Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Yes we ALL do.

How many times did you see Guice play live on TV? Penny?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figures that you would say that. CM was and is an idiot. I remember hearing his initial interview. What the hell did PC and JS see in this guy? Not intelligence. I don't believe that is the case with Penny. CM was a reach, not even the main guy.
RP was the guy. 2,200+ yards and great games against AzSt, Stanford, Army. And STUD return guy.
BUT not an SEC Player, so discounted. Where did Hunt go to school? NOT the SEC.

Yes we ALL do.

How many times did you see Guice play live on TV? Penny?

I didn't watch Penny outside of some pre-draft footage.. I watched Guice here and there on various LSU games... I just really liked Guice's running style, it just reminded me of Lynch.

Guess I'm unnecessarily hating on Penny.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch Penny outside of some pre-draft footage.. I watched Guice here and there on various LSU games... I just really liked Guice's running style, it just reminded me of Lynch.

I can respect that.

So many RB's that are not as highly regarded turn out Awesome.
I really didn't like Chubb.
I really did like/love Michel. Obviously LOVED Barkley. (Not in range)

Honestly, I'd be pretty excited if they had chosen Michel, but I'm also excited for Penny.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We need to get away from comparisons with Lynch...

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more i watch Penny. The more i like.

He seems like a very Improv runner. Find a hole and Gone.

Our blockers are not the best. Maybe we should trust JS/PC alot more.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey @LambeauLegs and @obxyankeefan

I see you learking around !!!

Any input, if not....

tenor.gif

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any input, if not....

tenor.gif

Ah I was not able to see or hear any of the draft but saw the Pack dropped down to 28 getting a 1st round next year and an extra 5th round this year to drop from 14 to 28. Then saw they picked at 18 trading with the Seahawks and stopped by here to see what the Pack gave up to get back up to 18 and saw the post up above. I dont mind the trade at all as the Pack ended up dropping 4 spots overall and got an extra first round pick next year and have like 12 picks this year so giving up one of their picks to move back up to Seattle. The Pack gave up a 3rd and 6th but then got a 7th back from Seattle so they ended up with one less over all pick but had 12 picks already anyway.

as far as the player the Seahawks drafted I really have no clue as I dont follow college much other than the Badhers so have no real clue as to how good most of these players are. But good luck with the pick. I was thinking the O line might be helped but I am sure in other rounds it will be addressed

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any input, if not....

tenor.gif

I think my Lions had the worst pick of the first round. Going by how I had the RBs rated Penny was my worse of the top bunch. SDS just had another back rush for 2000 yards the year before and he was injured almost the whole year for Philly. The few times I saw SDS play he didn't seem to have breakaway speed, but by the end of the game he had put up good numbers.

Now having said that I have always rooted for the Seahawks ( Largent, Zorn, and Easley mainly) so I hope that I am wrong and PC and the rest of his staff see something I don't.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty big reach. He would have been available in late 2nd or even 3rd round.

I think this is exactly the point that’s being missed.

The Hawks don’t have a 2nd round pick currently, and may have stretched it beyond his availability had they waited until the 3rd they acquired. If they were gonna get him it was right then, I like the move.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this is exactly the point that’s being missed.

The Hawks don’t have a 2nd round pick currently, and may have stretched it beyond his availability had they waited until the 3rd they acquired. If they were gonna get him it was right then, I like the move.

what about the 2nd rounder that y'all are gonna get when you trade Earl Thomas to the Cowboys? Could have got Penny there.