• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rate this team

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted this in the Rate my team board but it doesn't look like there's a whole lot of traffic over there so I wanted to move it here. Sorry for the double post. I'm not in love with this team but maybe I'm being too hard on myself?

10 team PPR league what do you guys think?

QB: Cam Newton
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: Jerrick McKinnon
WR: Odell Beckham Jr.
WR: Brandin Cooks
WR: Michael Crabtree
TE: Zach Ertz
Flex: Corey Davis

Def: Texans

K: Matt Prater

BN: Royce Freeman
BN: Michael Gallup
BN: Andrew Luck
BN: Chris Thompson
BN: Robby Anderson

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like your starters, but your depth sucks outside of Robby Anderson.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB - don't like Cam in a 10 team league, but Luck returns to form you'll be alright

RB - depth lacking severely for a 10 tm league, or at least I would've thought there would be 1 more stud WR since the drop off between your top 2 and the bench is huge

WR - corey davis and cooks really need to pull through for this group to carry your team. Could have some sneaky good values in Crabtree and Anderson (if he avoids suspension)

TE - Ertz needs to get back on the practice field, no need for alarm right now, but a situation worth monitoring as we near wk 1

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is solid, but not SPECIAL

I understand in a 3 WR+ flex and PPR league, you want to be deep in WR... But you should also be deep in RB...

Freeman and thompson being your only backups are SCARY... Thompson has said he wont be 100% until November- but who knows what that means... and Freeman doesn't have a role yet for that team...

so I am not a fan of your RB bench...

Which scares me since your 2 starting RBs are both pretty risky... Fournette seems to be injury prone, and Mckinnon is an unproven veteran... Sure both of their upsides are top 10 RB...

With a 5 man bench, I don't like having a QB on the bench... this is a 10 team league, there are plenty of QBs on waivers... I understand, you want to see if Luck can be elite, but you have Cam already, and he should be a top 10 QB too...and in 10 team leagues, trading excess QBs is very rare...

Now to WRs- clearly Beckham is a number one... but Cooks has so much competition, and is a big play receiver, that he will be very inconsistent... and that's not good for 10 team league...

Crabtree, is a consistent low ceiling receiver, he is fine for your flex... but he is not your flex...

Corey davis, I love his upside... he probably is my favorite "sleeper" this season, and my favorite bet to make the jump to WR #1... BUT you pretty much need him to do that...

Your bench WR are fine, although, I don't think gallup should be owned in a 10 team league with 5 man bench... But whatever, you want to take the gamble with him... fine...

and lastly, the Texans were the WORST defense last season... Sure that was without JJ Watt... But I think we are done expecting JJ watt to be the dominant player he was, even when healthy, and now it seems like he is extremely injury prone...

so overall, I see this team to be middle of the road... and you need to get lucky on some waiver-wire adds... But that's the thing about Fantasy football, the free agency is more important than drafting...

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans have Watt, Mercilus and Clowney. I actually think Clowney might be a DPOY candidate next year just based on his upward trajectory and skillset.

Thats a good fantasy D to have as long as Watt is healthy. There is some real risk there but its a defense and you're in a 10 team league.

Now I'm not sure I'd start that D against the Pats...

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the solid WR starters you have, you didn't need Gallup on your bench.
Not a fan of Chris Thompson either.
There had to be better backup RB available. Especially with PPR.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team is solid, but not SPECIAL

I understand in a 3 WR+ flex and PPR league, you want to be deep in WR... But you should also be deep in RB...

Freeman and thompson being your only backups are SCARY... Thompson has said he wont be 100% until November- but who knows what that means... and Freeman doesn't have a role yet for that team...

so I am not a fan of your RB bench...

Which scares me since your 2 starting RBs are both pretty risky... Fournette seems to be injury prone, and Mckinnon is an unproven veteran... Sure both of their upsides are top 10 RB...

With a 5 man bench, I don't like having a QB on the bench... this is a 10 team league, there are plenty of QBs on waivers... I understand, you want to see if Luck can be elite, but you have Cam already, and he should be a top 10 QB too...and in 10 team leagues, trading excess QBs is very rare...

Now to WRs- clearly Beckham is a number one... but Cooks has so much competition, and is a big play receiver, that he will be very inconsistent... and that's not good for 10 team league...

Crabtree, is a consistent low ceiling receiver, he is fine for your flex... but he is not your flex...

Corey davis, I love his upside... he probably is my favorite "sleeper" this season, and my favorite bet to make the jump to WR #1... BUT you pretty much need him to do that...

Your bench WR are fine, although, I don't think gallup should be owned in a 10 team league with 5 man bench... But whatever, you want to take the gamble with him... fine...

and lastly, the Texans were the WORST defense last season... Sure that was without JJ Watt... But I think we are done expecting JJ watt to be the dominant player he was, even when healthy, and now it seems like he is extremely injury prone...

so overall, I see this team to be middle of the road... and you need to get lucky on some waiver-wire adds... But that's the thing about Fantasy football, the free agency is more important than drafting...
This is a fair assessment.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't too bad. Not a definitive league winner on paper, but the potential is there.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's pretty solid. Actually really like every position.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really appreciate the feedback guys. Had the 10th pick out of 10 teams. Was pretty happy with Odell and Fournette but the guys I wanted at the 3/4 turn weren't there so it through my strategy out the window. Took a couple more gambles deeper but I've won this league 2 of the 4 years it's been going really by playing the waiver wire.

My thoughts with Luck are exactly that. IF he's the Luck of old then I really have something. If not I can cut him and Cam will start all year. Really high on guys like Freeman and Davis. The rest are on potential but easily replaceable on the waiver wire.

I love the Texans DEF if healthy but hate their first week match up. May decide to say screw it and stream defenses all year.

A lot of people have said they don't like Chris Thompson. Anyone you've seen that typically goes undrafted that you like a little better?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people have said they don't like Chris Thompson. Anyone you've seen that typically goes undrafted that you like a little better?

Chris Ivory might be worth a stash to see what happens with Shady situation
Matt Breida if you want to try to lock up SF RBs
TyMo might be useful during Jones' suspension
Peyton Barber? not sure how your league views RoJones

honestly, none of those guys have a better shot than Thompson, but was just throwing some names out there

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long is he supposed to be out for?
Per Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Redskins second-round RB Derrius Guice suffered a torn ACL in Thursday's preseason game against the Patriots.

Just brutal. It was reported earlier that Guice had escaped with just a sprained MCL but an MRI revealed the bad news on Friday. Assuming the usual recovery time, the 21-year-old will miss all of 2018. It's a huge blow to a Redskins running game that was hoping for a lift this year. In his absence, Samaje Perine should be the favorite for early-down carries with Chris Thompson occupying his usual role on passing downs. Rob Kelley will also be in the mix for short-yardage/goal-line work.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant Thompson