• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Rank the Best Young Rosters in the NBA!

Who has the best young talent in the league out of these 9 teams?

• Total voters

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Timberwolves: Karl Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins, Chris Dunn, Zach LaVine, Shabazz M, Gorgui Deng, Ricky Rubio

B. Sixers:
Ben Simmons, Nerleans Noel, Joel Okafor, Joel Embiid, Dario Saric, Robert Covington, Nik Stauskas,

C. Lakers:
Brandon Ingram, DeAngelo Russell, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr.

D. Suns:
Devin Booker, TJ Warren, Archie Goodwin, Dragan Bender, Marquese Chris, Alex Len, Brandon Knight

E. Nuggets:
Jamal Murray, Emmanuel Mudiay, Jusuf Nurkic, Gary Harris, Will Barton, Nikola Jokinc

F. Magic:
Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton, Mario Hezonja,

G. Bucks:
Thon Maker, Giannis Anttetakuempo, Khris Middleton, Jabari Parker, MCW, Tyler Ennis,

H. Pistons: Henry Ellenson, Andrew Drummond, KCP, Tobias Harris, Stanley Johnson

I. Celtics:
Jaylen Brown, James Young, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, Avery Bradley, a ton of young lesser prospects (their fucking roster is showing 22 guys on ESPN- lol...some are FA's though- like Sully)

Rank 1-9.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First: the Twolves

Last: the Lakers:D

:peep:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it has to be the Twolves as their young guns are the most developed.

The Lakers, Sixers, and Suns probably have the best chance to surpass the Twolves.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Timberwolves: Karl Anthony Towns, Andrew Wiggins, Chris Dunn, Zach LaVine, Shabazz M, Gorgui Deng, Ricky Rubio

B. Sixers:
Ben Simmons, Nerleans Noel, Joel Okafor, Joel Embiid, Dario Saric, Robert Covington, Nik Stauskas,

C. Lakers:
Brandon Ingram, DeAngelo Russell, Julius Randle, Jordan Clarkson, Larry Nance Jr.

D. Suns:
Devin Booker, TJ Warren, Archie Goodwin, Dragan Bender, Marquese Chris, Alex Len, Brandon Knight

E. Nuggets:
Jamal Murray, Emmanuel Mudiay, Jusuf Nurkic, Gary Harris, Will Barton, Nikola Jokinc

F. Magic:
Nikola Vucevic, Aaron Gordon, Elfrid Payton, Mario Hezonja,

G. Bucks:
Thon Maker, Giannis Anttetakuempo, Khris Middleton, Jabari Parker, MCW, Tyler Ennis,

H. Pistons: Henry Ellenson, Andrew Drummond, KCP, Tobias Harris, Stanley Johnson

I. Celtics:
Jaylen Brown, James Young, Marcus Smart, Terry Rozier, Avery Bradley, a ton of young lesser prospects (their fucking roster is showing 22 guys on ESPN- lol...some are FA's though- like Sully)

Rank 1-9.

My list:

1) Minnesota: hands down alone at the top
2) Milwaukee: 2-5 is close, but I give the edge to Gianni's
3) Lakers: lots of potential, love Ingram
4) Sixers: great pieces, but they don't all fit
5) Suns: love Booker and Len, everyone else is very raw. Not sure what the definition of young player is, but don't think Knight should count.
6) Pistons: Drummond is a monster, KCP and Johnson are solid
7) Celtics: would be number 2 if counting their picks as assets
8) Nuggets: love Murray, hate Mudiay
9) Magic: hate their trade with OKC

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list:

5) Suns: love Booker and Len, everyone else is very raw. Not sure what the definition of young player is, but don't think Knight should count.

This. I also voted for Minny.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would you guys rank the Jazz among them? They were one of the youngest last year and while they had added some veterans this year, they are still pretty young.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where would you guys rank the Jazz among them? They were one of the youngest last year and while they had added some veterans this year, they are still pretty young.
thats true....i just checked and i guess i was surprised to see that Favors and Gobert are both 24.....Exum is young, Burke and Hood are young....they seem a little farther along though...only super young guy is exum......favors, gobert, burke, are all 24...heyward 26,

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My list:

24 was kind of a rough age of cutoff......if u had a 24 or 25 year old that was good and plenty of other really young guys- i threw him in......as to the age question...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost voted for the Wolves, but stuck with my Lakers. Wiggins has plateaued a bit early, which has me worried a bit. Towns is obviously fantastic. The Lakers kids are still so young that their upside seems higher to me (and you left off Zubac).

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves easily as of today.
Pretty hard to evaluate many of the others because they haven't ever played NBA games before.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough question....

Devin Booker or Brandon Ingram.....thats a TOUGH one for me....

Love Ingram's ceiling- but hes still a rook.

Booker proved a lot his first year- but prob doesnt have quite the ceiling.

dont get me wrong- id love to have either......

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tough question....

Devin Booker or Brandon Ingram.....thats a TOUGH one for me....

Love Ingram's ceiling- but hes still a rook.

Booker proved a lot his first year- but prob doesnt have quite the ceiling.

dont get me wrong- id love to have either......

For me it's Ingram, given his length advantage.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went back and forth between the Lakers and T-Wolves. Finally settled on the T-Wolves, but I could see where the Lakers group could end up being just as good.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost voted for the Wolves, but stuck with my Lakers. Wiggins has plateaued a bit early, which has me worried a bit. Towns is obviously fantastic. The Lakers kids are still so young that their upside seems higher to me (and you left off Zubac).

Hard to claim that a 21 year old has plateaued after 2 seasons. Towns is, right now, the best young player in basketball. Dunn looks legit already.

The Lakers and Sixers may have the potential for higher upside but the Twolves have some proven talent already that is young with more coming in.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timberwolves are definitely #1 for me- as I think for most people they would be.

Bucks are my #2. Giannis/Middleton/Jabari to me, might be the best 3-some on this whole list.

next level is tough- i think
Sixers are my #3
the next 3 teams are def- Sixers, Lakers, Suns- and any order you put them in would be reasonable. Honestly i could make arguments for all 3...however...

Lakers are my #4.....Ingram has a chance to be really special.....Russell looks legit and if he can get passed maturity issues could be really goodd

Suns are my #5...really speaks to the good young talent they are 5....really liked their draft...Booker looks like a star and i think Len is gonna be a very good big in this league eventually

Pistons are my #6- two words- Andre Drummond.....also, like KCP, Stanley Johnson and i think Ellenson will be a very nice fit as a stretch 4.

Nuggets are my #7- Murray and Mudiay has a chance to be a very good back court and they compliment eachother nicely

Celtics are my #8- just so many solid young players- so much depth..they need a trade

Magic are my #9--- getting rid of Oladipo hurts....why get rid of Oladipo is you are just gonna sign Biyombo? it seems like Ibaka and Biyombo are kinda redundant...especially when you already have Gordon- who actually does have a very high ceiling and might actually be your best prospect.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Timberwolves are definitely #1 for me- as I think for most people they would be.

Bucks are my #2. Giannis/Middleton/Jabari to me, might be the best 3-some on this whole list.

next level is tough- i think
Sixers are my #3
the next 3 teams are def- Sixers, Lakers, Suns- and any order you put them in would be reasonable. Honestly i could make arguments for all 3...however...

Lakers are my #4.....Ingram has a chance to be really special.....Russell looks legit and if he can get passed maturity issues could be really goodd

Suns are my #5...really speaks to the good young talent they are 5....really liked their draft...Booker looks like a star and i think Len is gonna be a very good big in this league eventually

Pistons are my #6- two words- Andre Drummond.....also, like KCP, Stanley Johnson and i think Ellenson will be a very nice fit as a stretch 4.

Nuggets are my #7- Murray and Mudiay has a chance to be a very good back court and they compliment eachother nicely

Celtics are my #8- just so many solid young players- so much depth..they need a trade

Magic are my #9--- getting rid of Oladipo hurts....why get rid of Oladipo is you are just gonna sign Biyombo? it seems like Ibaka and Biyombo are kinda redundant...especially when you already have Gordon- who actually does have a very high ceiling and might actually be your best prospect.

I read speculation that They were likely to move Vucevic so that Biyombo could start. That would make sense, because they invested an awful lot in Biyombo/Ibaka this off season. Not sure what they would seek for Vucevic, because I have also heard they plan to start Gordon at the 3.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree this is very debatable, but I think Minnesota belongs at the top because they have Townes who is on the way to superstar status and Wiggins who is already nearing all star level play.

Giannis is the other guy of everyone listed who has demonstrated superstar upside in NBA games. There are many other nice players on the list, but only two that have shown the ability to dominate at the NBA level.

Just think how athletic the Bucks core would be if Larry Sanders were still there and interested.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read speculation that They were likely to move Vucevic so that Biyombo could start. That would make sense, because they invested an awful lot in Biyombo/Ibaka this off season. Not sure what they would seek for Vucevic, because I have also heard they plan to start Gordon at the 3.
Vucevic just signed an extension that is prob very reeasonable...id imagine hed have some value on the draft market.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any reason Isiah is not on the list but AB is? As I don't sleep on Celtics French freak. Also does defense count? Many of these guys are lost on D