• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers roll into Hotlanta for some east coast NL baseball - 9/4-9/6

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm going out on a limb here to assume that Calhoun's lifelong dream is to be a major league baseball player, and he's disappointed that it didn't come to fruition in a situation where it very well could have.

That someone would think he's focused on "getting his clock started so he can leave the franchise quicker" is probably the most asinine opinion I've read on this website that wasn't in the Political section.
Maybe I am getting something mixed up, but I believe September call-ups didn't count towards something and I was thinking it was getting their "clock" started. Maybe I am wrong or maybe that used to be the case, but very well may no longer be the case any longer.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Nadel mentioned that Kela is on this road trip so his return could be very soon.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Headed to a more competent location
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I am getting something mixed up, but I believe September call-ups didn't count towards something and I was thinking it was getting their "clock" started. Maybe I am wrong or maybe that used to be the case, but very well may no longer be the case any longer.

I think the biggest impact is their placement on the roster, I think the impact on service time is either minimal or non-existent.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A 12-4 game has turned into a 12-8 game, but on the plus side, the dicey relievers should be out of commission for a few days.

Welcome to the negative spin zone.

Way to show confidence in our relievers and our bullpen. The "dicey" relievers should get the rest of today off and the whole team has tomorrow off, they could resurface as early as Friday and would only miss one game in that timeframe. Nice try asshat.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the negative spin zone.

Way to show confidence in our relievers and our bullpen. The "dicey" relievers should get the rest of today off and the whole team has tomorrow off, they could resurface as early as Friday and would only miss one game in that timeframe. Nice try asshat.

You really don't have a grasp on what "negative spin" means.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the biggest impact is their placement on the roster, I think the impact on service time is either minimal or non-existent.
I think with Profar it is definitely service time related as not bringing him up means he is under team control for another year. That increases his trade value.

My question though was asking if coming up in Sept. would start anyone's clock.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My question though was asking if coming up in Sept. would start anyone's clock.

That's what I was saying... there's being on the roster (able to appear in a MLB game), and then there's service time (actually appearing in a MLB). I am not not sure how the two work together when it comes to "the clock," especially when it comes to September call-ups.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope to see you guys later. Hamels should get us late deep in the game to save on the pen. Notice I said "should".

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what I was saying... there's being on the roster (able to appear in a MLB game), and then there's service time (actually appearing in a MLB). I am not not sure how the two work together when it comes to "the clock," especially when it comes to September call-ups.
I think what I was thinking of deals with the use of an option. A September call up does not count as using one of their options.

One think to keep in mind regarding Calhoun is that he doesn't have to be added to the 40-man yet so adding him now would cost us a spot on the 40 man this winter when they have the Rule-5 draft. Barring something unusual he will be given an opportunity to win a starting job up here next March, but he wouldn't have to be added to the 40 until he makes the club out of ST 2018.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One think to keep in mind regarding Calhoun is that he doesn't have to be added to the 40-man yet so adding him now would cost us a spot on the 40 man this winter when they have the Rule-5 draft.

Yeah, it's easily justifiable to explain why the Rangers didn't bring him up. And I get why he's bummed out about it too.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think what I was thinking of deals with the use of an option. A September call up does not count as using one of their options.

One think to keep in mind regarding Calhoun is that he doesn't have to be added to the 40-man yet so adding him now would cost us a spot on the 40 man this winter when they have the Rule-5 draft. Barring something unusual he will be given an opportunity to win a starting job up here next March, but he wouldn't have to be added to the 40 until he makes the club out of ST 2018.
Thanks for the explanation Bennie.Makes clear why FO did not bring him up. Hopefully Calhoun was made clear on it as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elvis is enjoying a 20-20 season

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would have stuck Gallo at cleanup tonight.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers once won 7 successive doubleheaders in 1977. I believe at one time that was either an AL or MLB record, but I am not sure if that still stands.

But this isn't considered a doubleheader. Nor is it a "twi-night" double header. From what I understood is, this is
called a "split double header, or some such.

BULLPEN FAILURE

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone on Reddit nicknamed Tyson Ross "Sam Tyson." That's funny

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'm going out on a limb here to assume that Calhoun's lifelong dream is to be a major league baseball player, and he's disappointed that it didn't come to fruition in a situation where it very well could have.

That someone would think he's focused on "getting his clock started so he can leave the franchise quicker" is probably the most asinine opinion I've read on this website that wasn't in the Political section.

Verga....Verga.....Verga

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemp having a lot of trouble seeing.