• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers New and Rumors

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need a thread for this. I'll sticky it. Post all rumors and transactions here.

6/30/14 | 11:41AM: The only Rangers who were not sent qualifying offers were Kyle Jean, Scott Stajcer, Justin Falk, Jason Wilson and Kyle Beach. (Strang)

11:48AM: Tom Gulitti’s sense is that the Rangers wanted to see where things were with Fayne as a back up to either Anton Stralman or Dan Boyle. (Gulitti)

6/30/14 | 11:39AM:The Rangers checked in on Fayne to “see where things stood with them.” (Gulitti)

6/30/14 | 11:36AM: Boyle is planning to test the market tomorrow. (Katie Strang)

11:38AM: The Rangers checked in on Carter to “see where things stood with them.” (Gulitti)

And Zucc is on record saying the money isn't important, the years are. He wants to stay here.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@HartnettHockey: NYR QOs: Brassard $3.7M, Zuccarello $1.15M, Kreider $850,050, John Moore: $800,500, Kristo: $826,875, Bourque $687,500, Missiaen*$715,000.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea money isn't important to zucc cause in Norway 2 mil US is like 30 mil.

Speaking of Norway OT they need to hurry up and make the next season of Lillyhammer

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread should be called why Sather is an idiot and should rectify.

Rangers sign Dan Boyle to a two year 9 mil deal.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In: Dan Boyle, Dominic Moore, Tanner Glass, Steve Kempfer, Matt Hunwick, Mile Kostka

Out: Brian Boyle, Benoit Pouliot, Anton Stralman

Not bad. I like the Boyle move and retaining Moore. Glass is Dorsett but slight edge to Glass. Plus he played for Vigneault in Vancouver.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle, Kostka, & Kampfer should bring a lot to the blue line. They'll miss Pouliot tho.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the moves so far nothing to improve our offense and Boyle for Stralman makes our defense worst. Plus now we have no fourth line.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7/2/14 | 7:13AM: Zuccarello’s agent said that he and Jeff Gorton had good talks at the draft and that he and his client know that the Rangers are in a cap squeeze and need to find a deal that works for both sides. (Daily News)

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate the moves so far nothing to improve our offense and Boyle for Stralman makes our defense worst. Plus now we have no fourth line.

Boyle is better than Stralman and with AV a 4th line will be developed the cost has gone up for Stralman so why not have Boyle. If AV can come to NY in his first year and take the team to a cup final, he can certainly develop a fourth line.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boyle is better than Stralman and with AV a 4th line will be developed the cost has gone up for Stralman so why not have Boyle. If AV can come to NY in his first year and take the team to a cup final, he can certainly develop a fourth line.

Stralman and boyle signed for the same per year, Stralman constantly shut down opposing players Boyle hasn't played defense in ten years. Sure the fourth line will be filled with players that doesn't mean they are any good im sorry I will take both Dorsett and BBoyle over Tanner Glass.

Unless Sather is working on a trade why did we sign so many defenseman. It is wasted cap space that he could have used going after offensive players, you know that thing needed to win games and also a major need.

Its been ten years of us hoping Hank wins the game 1-0 or 2-1 im sick of it get people who can put the puck in the net.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stralman and boyle signed for the same per year, Stralman constantly shut down opposing players Boyle hasn't played defense in ten years. Sure the fourth line will be filled with players that doesn't mean they are any good im sorry I will take both Dorsett and BBoyle over Tanner Glass.

Unless Sather is working on a trade why did we sign so many defenseman. It is wasted cap space that he could have used going after offensive players, you know that thing needed to win games and also a major need.

Its been ten years of us hoping Hank wins the game 1-0 or 2-1 im sick of it get people who can put the puck in the net.

Yeah, Glass is trash, but I would take him over Downie, my Pens thought the opposite :L

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry but its a GM's game these days due to financial responsibility of the league, we have players who can put the puck in the net Nash and Stepan etc, they just havent been doing it. Richards did but sather gave that stupid contract and now is paying for it... STL is here but it seems that any offensive threat that comes to NY dont produce like they did with their prior team. The players that left were not scorers and wanted more money. Well how is sather going to pay everybody when big contracts eat the teams budget. If it wasnt for AV the Rangers wouldnt have made the postseason thus the money that goes with a postseason. He put a team that doesnt score into position to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but its a GM's game these days due to financial responsibility of the league, we have players who can put the puck in the net Nash and Stepan etc, they just havent been doing it. Richards did but sather gave that stupid contract and now is paying for it... STL is here but it seems that any offensive threat that comes to NY dont produce like they did with their prior team. The players that left were not scorers and wanted more money. Well how is sather going to pay everybody when big contracts eat the teams budget. If it wasnt for AV the Rangers wouldnt have made the postseason thus the money that goes with a postseason. He put a team that doesnt score into position to win.

And he did nothing to improve it. He is by far the worst GM in the league.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he did nothing to improve it. He is by far the worst GM in the league.

He cant improve it, if a big scorer or decent scorer comes here that player is going to want big money, he cant sign him because he has to try and sign the rest of the team. If that wasnt the case Richards would have stayed

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get some centers. Maybe trade for Vinny Lacavalier? He could be acquired for next to nothing, Flyers are desperate to dump him. Plus I think he would be the perfect replacement for Brad Richards and he'll have good chemistry with Martin St. Lous.

stealth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need to get some centers. Maybe trade for Vinny Lacavalier? He could be acquired for next to nothing, Flyers are desperate to dump him. Plus I think he would be the perfect replacement for Brad Richards and he'll have good chemistry with Martin St. Lous.

I wouldnt waste a trade for Vinny, has been hurt quite a bit the past few years and he is at the end of his career. The best bet for STL is learn to play with somebody else, Kreider etc. what needs to happen is Nash!

Last edited by a moderator:

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed on all counts.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He cant improve it, if a big scorer or decent scorer comes here that player is going to want big money, he cant sign him because he has to try and sign the rest of the team. If that wasnt the case Richards would have stayed

There are decent players out there for a decent amount, Also he was active in FA he signed a lot of players just none of them can actually help his team. He signed a few AHL players and about 6 defensemen.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldnt waste a trade for Vinny, has been hurt quite a bit the past few years and he is at the end of his career. The best bet for STL is learn to play with somebody else, Kreider etc. what needs to happen is Nash!

Yeah, Vinny might be worthless at this point. They just need some centers it seems.