• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Rangers Host the Astros for Three Games September 4-6

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope to see Langford and Carter in the outfield together at some point next season.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could still bring up anyone on the 40-man like they used to be able to do, Bochy wouldn't play them. He will play Carter 3 to 5 times a week, but as long as they don't have another injury the next guy might get 2 or 3 starts the rest of the way.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they could still bring up anyone on the 40-man like they used to be able to do, Bochy wouldn't play them. He will play Carter 3 to 5 times a week, but as long as they don't have another injury the next guy might get 2 or 3 starts the rest of the way.
And that happened on every team when they could bring up everyone. Most were brought up to get the feel. Would you bench 3/4 of the starters so that the 15 brought up would get max playing time the last 25 or 26 games?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that happened on every team when they could bring up everyone. Most were brought up to get the feel. Would you bench 3/4 of the starters so that the 15 brought up would get max playing time the last 25 or 26 games?
I wasn't talking about what I want them to do. I was talking about reality. That is an area you seem to misinterpret in several of my posts.

Like the other day, when I offered up several questions that were going to be difficult to figure out an answer for, you automatically assumed you already knew how I wanted each to be answered. You thought you knew exactly what I was getting at and so you gave some ridiculous commentary. However, you were completely off base. Try interacting to find out exactly what someone means instead of just doing a drive by hit job with a shotgun. It makes for much more interesting, and less divisive, discussion.

If I think they are doing something wrong I will usually come out and say that specifically, unless it is something I am on record of thinking beforehand.

In this case there were folks commenting about who else they wanted brought up. I was merely saying that if someone else was brought up, they were going to sit on the bench.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New thread is up.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't talking about what I want them to do. I was talking about reality. That is an area you seem to misinterpret in several of my posts.

Like the other day, when I offered up several questions that were going to be difficult to figure out an answer for, you automatically assumed you already knew how I wanted each to be answered. You thought you knew exactly what I was getting at and so you gave some ridiculous commentary. However, you were completely off base. Try interacting to find out exactly what someone means instead of just doing a drive by hit job with a shotgun. It makes for much more interesting, and less divisive, discussion.

If I think they are doing something wrong I will usually come out and say that specifically, unless it is something I am on record of thinking beforehand.

In this case there were folks commenting about who else they wanted brought up. I was merely saying that if someone else was brought up, they were going to sit on the bench.
And my comment was simply that it was decided that just bring up prospects just for the major league experience served no purpose.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And my comment was simply that it was decided that just bring up prospects just for the major league experience served no purpose.
So bringing up Jung last year to get mlb experience served no purpose.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So bringing up Jung last year to get mlb experience served no purpose.
He came up and played because he was inked as the starter at 3rd base for 2023. My comment was on the prospects that were brought up and got little or no playing time and just got to hang out in the dugout or the bullpen. But you knew that