• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rangers decline Rios option

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His power really fell off last year. Still a good hitter. fit here?

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His power really fell off last year. Still a good hitter. fit here?

He is primarily a right fielder which is also Michael Saunders position on this team. I don't think he could do as well as Saunders if Saunders was healthy all year and given the opportunity to start 140+ games. But it sounds like Saunders might be gone anyway, so...

If Rios hit in front of Robbie Cano all year, I think he would do OK. 10 homers, 75 runs, 75 RBI, 15 steals, .275 BA. I certainly wouldn't want them to sign him to more than a 2-year deal and preferrably a one-year deal.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at the idea of Saunders being healthy for 140 games.....

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saunders is gone anyways so Rios would work. Not a game changer, but a nice piece to the puzzle. Add him a two more vet hitters like say Cuddyer and Martinez and you have a nice lineup. No real big boppers, but KC showed that isn't always needed.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saunders is gone anyways so Rios would work. Not a game changer, but a nice piece to the puzzle. Add him a two more vet hitters like say Cuddyer and Martinez and you have a nice lineup. No real big boppers, but KC showed that isn't always needed.

And that is exactly how the team needs to be built. With Safeco you don't necessarily need to have a huge power bat, just a bunch of guys who can get on base and have timely hitting. If I were constructing a team that plays have their games in Safeco, I would start of by looking for doubles guys instead of just raw power. Beltre is a prime example, the guy would hit fine at Safeco when he would go to the opposite field but struggled when he tried pulling for power.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is exactly how the team needs to be built. With Safeco you don't necessarily need to have a huge power bat, just a bunch of guys who can get on base and have timely hitting. If I were constructing a team that plays have their games in Safeco, I would start of by looking for doubles guys instead of just raw power. Beltre is a prime example, the guy would hit fine at Safeco when he would go to the opposite field but struggled when he tried pulling for power.

:agree::suds: