• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ranger fans WAKE UP!

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Johnnydollaz89
@David_son
@stealth
Everyone else!

Your Rangers are in a dead heat with my Pens for 2nd place in the Metro; hence, home ice in the opening round. Home ice might prove to be HUGE in the first round. Your Rangers are 25-8-4 at home & 18-17-5 on the road. My Pens are 25-11-4 at home & 19-14-4 on the road. Both teams have been significantly better at home than away.

Looking at the schedules, I think the odds are with you guys. You only have 1 road game left while we only have 1 home game left, plus we're playing against more teams fighting for playoff position.

That being said, it's almost inevitable that our teams will cross paths in the 1st round. Should be a great series!

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doobie, how are you my good friend? anyway, those TOOLS over at sporztoo banned me for my final time cause i have been saying for years that the rangers would never win with girardi and staal on defense... they finally get it ! banning me for for actually knowing what the F i was talking about... girardi is awful and staal has always added nothing... at least boyle has an excuse... he's old... and somebody needs to tell me exactly why sather picked mcilrath 1st round? a favor? cause the kid shows absolutely NOTHING

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doobie, how are you my good friend? anyway, those TOOLS over at sporztoo banned me for my final time cause i have been saying for years that the rangers would never win with girardi and staal on defense... they finally get it ! banning me for for actually knowing what the F i was talking about... girardi is awful and staal has always added nothing... at least boyle has an excuse... he's old... and somebody needs to tell me exactly why sather picked mcilrath 1st round? a favor? cause the kid shows absolutely NOTHING
Pasta! How could I forget about you? Great hearing from you again! Don't worry about those guys, they're schmucks. Should be a great playoff series between our teams in the 1st round. Hope you're well, bud :suds:

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey doobie, you & me have always been fair-minded fans who have always supported the game and our teams 100%. LOL, callng those few hypocrites over there schmucks is way too kind!!! anyway, pitt is the hottest team in the game right now, while my rangers are still a threat, only because they have tasted it the last few years, and still have some key players intact , only problem i still see is the defense, and girardi's minutes, wow....

playing each in the first will will say a lot about the PS for both... good luck my friend.

i have not been following as much as i used too because every year the rangers tear away at my heart with finding another way to blow it, question i have for you as a pitt fan, is pitt a better team with malkin out?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey doobie, you & me have always been fair-minded fans who have always supported the game and our teams 100%. LOL, callng those few hypocrites over there schmucks is way too kind!!! anyway, pitt is the hottest team in the game right now, while my rangers are still a threat, only because they have tasted it the last few years, and still have some key players intact , only problem i still see is the defense, and girardi's minutes, wow....

playing each in the first will will say a lot about the PS for both... good luck my friend.

i have not been following as much as i used too because every year the rangers tear away at my heart with finding another way to blow it, question i have for you as a pitt fan, is pitt a better team with malkin out?
I heard Girardi got hurt this year (plus he's getting older) so that might explain his decline. Remember them wanting to trade him a few years back, but then he up'd his game. I think you have always been right about Marc Staal, but he did get you guys Eric Staal & might get you guys Jordan Staal as well, so maybe he's worth keeping for a while. Also surprised you guys still got Tanner Glass playing, I always saw him as dead weight. Besides that tho, you guys have a great team, very fast, very talented, & very skilled. Big props to Alain Vigneault, who implemented a great system after the disaster that was John Tortorella.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pastafazul
We're not better without Geno, even tho we've played better since he went down. We just happened to get a lot of speed on the team around that time & it has added a dimension we haven't had in a while. I do worry about our size however, size matters in a best of 7 series, and our lack of size is probably our most glaring weakness.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree 100% about size in the PS, could be why the rangers have not sealed the deal... and i honestly did not mean anything bad about malkin, and i know you didn't take it that way, i just know something special happened to pitt when he was out.... i would want him here in a minute

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
girardi, i know he is loved by his teammates, and has played a lot of minutes for the rangers, but i can't help think as an former athlete myself is that if he had more of an impact in the game he would not have had the minutes he played. Like staal where the play mostly comes to him, there isn't much effort. hence lots of ice time?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree 100% about size in the PS, could be why the rangers have not sealed the deal... and i honestly did not mean anything bad about malkin, and i know you didn't take it that way, i just know something special happened to pitt when he was out.... i would want him here in a minute
I understood what you mean about Geno @Pastafazul, when he went down, I thought that would put us in serious trouble. But unlike previous seasons, we brought up the farm system and it turns out that the prospects had tons of speed to bring to the 3rd & 4th lines (something we really haven't had since the 1990s), also love the acquisition of Carl Hagelin, who brings even more speed. It has been fun to watch.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
girardi, i know he is loved by his teammates, and has played a lot of minutes for the rangers, but i can't help think as an former athlete myself is that if he had more of an impact in the game he would not have had the minutes he played. Like staal where the play mostly comes to him, there isn't much effort. hence lots of ice time?
Probably due to Dan Boyle's injury, I can't see Girardi getting so much ice time if the Rangers' dmen were all healthy.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, i didn't think the rangers could top the disgraceful loss to the canes, but they sure in heck enough did. nothing new here as a long time rangers fan, rangers will probably back into PS, and then i believe they will finally wake up... but the arrogance of this team as of late from the king on down erks the crud out of me....

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow, i didn't think the rangers could top the disgraceful loss to the canes, but they sure in heck enough did. nothing new here as a long time rangers fan, rangers will probably back into PS, and then i believe they will finally wake up... but the arrogance of this team as of late from the king on down erks the crud out of me....
This is getting interesting. We got a 3 point lead on the Rangers going down the stretch, but 3 of your 4 remaining games are home games while 3 of our remaining 4 are road games, andMAF is out with a concussion.

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'but 3 of 4 remaining are home for rangers. i'd rather them be away and on west coast so i can't watch, lol, anyway, worst thing this time of year imo is playing a team that has nothing to play for, don't want to make excuses here! hopefully getting embarrassed wakes them up. 5 - 3 full 2, home ice no goal, WOW! and i have to lol when i hear 'well the hawks won the cup last year losing their last 4 of 5, how many cups have the rangers won lately? lol c'mon man. If the rangers don't come out tomorrow nite early and put the jackets away, don't think this will be fixed!

after all this rant i do remain optimistic, only for the last couple of runs the rangers made, and if i mite add i wanted to post this the other day.. AV, love him as coach, but as of late question his decisions, was out to dinner last nite, game was on was watching from a distance, Nash was not on for the 5-3? if true, i think back bout 10 games or so when a face off meant the game and he put in... who was it?