• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Random FF Thoughts

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that as well - always amazes me how the 'rookie fever' plays into fantasy. .... they will hit on a couple, and likely miss on more. Outside of Barkley, IMO judging on landing spots and talent there probably should be maybe 2 more. .... but the nagging question still remains; which 2 ???
It's totally random, but get as many as you can. Kamara was 3rd on depth chart in August.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jamaal williams vs aaron jones who wins
Jones seems to be the more dynamic of the two, more like a playmaker. Williams has some CJ Anderson to him, pretty decent all around, nothing spectacular.

My money would be on Jones being the slightly more valuable fantasy asset. But I spent the whole off season, in every league i had either one in doing my best to either get both on my team, or trade the one I had to the owner who had the other. I wouldn't feel great about owning either individually.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jamaal williams vs aaron jones who wins
Ty Montgomery :nono: - in seriousness though it will probably be no one - - that backfield has committee written all over it. ... however, one could emerge if the other misses a blocking assignment and gets Rodgers plastered. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Montgomery :nono: - in seriousness though it will probably be no one - - that backfield has committee written all over it. ... however, one could emerge if the other misses a blocking assignment and gets Rodgers plastered. ....
Yea, can't forget him entirely either, when healthy he's probably still the best bet, its just that staying available seems to be an impossibility for him if used a lot. So between the three of em ..? Thanks for the 2019 draft pick for Williams.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, can't forget him entirely either, when healthy he's probably still the best bet, its just that staying available seems to be an impossibility for him if used a lot. So between the three of em ..? Thanks for the 2019 draft pick for Williams.
lol

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
news051418.png

These 2 stories appeared back-to-back on Rotoworld.
What I find interesting is each player was "disorderly" and did "property damage."
Yet one was charged. The other wasn't.
One may face league discipline and the other may not.
Hmmmm. :think:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKinnon just seems to be going too high for my liking right now. His ADP is somewhere in the 3rd round with guys like Mixon and Henry and I just can't see that. I feel like those guys are safer and have almost as high of a ceiling.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKinnon just seems to be going too high for my liking right now. His ADP is somewhere in the 3rd round with guys like Mixon and Henry and I just can't see that. I feel like those guys are safer and have almost as high of a ceiling.

Well lots of it is tied into the garropolo hype. If SF offense is all that and a bag of chips, then you gotta expect a receiving back to be all that and a bag of chips too. Don’t ya?? So that third round value is pretty fair for the premier back.

I’m expecting him to be second round value when we get closer to drafting season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well lots of it is tied into the garropolo hype. If SF offense is all that and a bag of chips, then you gotta expect a receiving back to be all that and a bag of chips too. Don’t ya?? So that third round value is pretty fair for the premier back.

I’m expecting him to be second round value when we get closer to drafting season.
In a standard scoring league? I don’t think so. PPF sure, could happen.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

agreed

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a standard scoring league? I don’t think so. PPF sure, could happen.

i agree that his PPR value will be much better... but the thing about value is that it follows hype... not as much expected/projected stats... he will be one of those guys that if you want, you are going to have to overpay for him... and much of that overpayment will happen in the second round, even in standard...

Also, you have to realize that PPR is becoming the new standard... so many owners doing standard might be looking at the wrong ADP...

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, McKinnon is worth the gamble because of Steve Slaton, Ryan Torian, Alf, West/Crow/Tate, and Freeman/Coleman.
All of them performed better than their talent says they should've under Shanny Jr. There's little to no reason to think McKinnon won't be next in line.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that his PPR value will be much better... but the thing about value is that it follows hype... not as much expected/projected stats... he will be one of those guys that if you want, you are going to have to overpay for him... and much of that overpayment will happen in the second round, even in standard...

Also, you have to realize that PPR is becoming the new standard... so many owners doing standard might be looking at the wrong ADP...
Think .5 PPR is becoming the new standard. However here MBBR leagues are standard except for D2 so Standard ADP is what applies.