• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams town is in chaos, lol

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected everyone is overreacting, go over to the stl forums and take a gander, it’s chaos over there.

Take a look at what the team did vs the boys

Oline:
Pancaked:
Jake Long 3 times (what?)
Williams 2 times
Dahl 2 times
Allowed 6 awful sacks against an average Dline
RB’s:
Pead 6 attempts, long of 11
Cunningham had 4, long of 9
WR’s/TE’s:
Drops,
Cook 2 (both were wide open drops)
Givens 2 (plus a dumb fumble)
Quick 1 (wide open drop)
Austin 1 (he would have been lit up if he caught it, thanks Bradford)
QB:
Missed some open WR’s,
Quick in the endzone for an easy TD
Overthrew a couple of open WR’s, not sure if they were in the wrong place but I figure he was rattled.
Tidbit on Bradford: One thing that really bothers me about Bradford is he almost never says anything to his teammates when they make mistakes. He just walks to the sideline with this confused look on his face. To me that’s not a leader, Fisher needs to talk to him about that, he needs to get in these guys faces.
Dline:
Completely dominated. Nough said
LB’ers:
Ogeltree, Witten made him look like a rookie
JL55 couldn’t get off the block if his life depended on it.
Witherspoon has bricks for feet, got beat bad by the TE rookie
DB’s
Jenkins was ok
Tru and Court looked lost most of the time
McLeod was too busy tackling RB’s to cover anyone.
McDonald same as above.
ST’s:
Start over. Except Austin, Hecker, Greg the leg.

Coaching:
This game reminded me of the Scott Linehan and Spag days. The coaching staff was completely outmatched and completely underprepared.
Offense:
Schotty, what in the hell are you doing? You are soooo damn predictable. Why are you only using Austin on short drag routes and putting him out in the flat. Whats up with ever WR only running 5 yard routes? Yes you started opening it up in Garbage time but what gives? As I said last week if you come out and put Sam in the shotgun and line up in your predictable formations you’re going to have a long day. I saw no bunch formations, only 1 draw play (in garbage time). Absolutely ZERO creativity. Why don’t we see Austin and cook Stacked? Why don’t we see Cook, Quick, Austin and Givens in bunch formations? Why don’t you hide Austin behind quick or cook? No bubble screens? No Playaction? Oh you have to run to ball to do that……..Oh wait no you don’t, Payton Manning does it all the time and he hasn’t had a running game for years.
Defense:
Im not sure whether or not Fisher is calling the plays on Defense or Walton is just an idiot. I’m so sick of seeing these DB’s 10 yards off a WR when it’s 3rd & 6. It just doesn’t make sense. One play in particular…Score was 17 to Zero, Dallas has the ball, it’s 3rd and a long 6 and low and behold I see Coutland about 8 to 9 yards off of Austin. You called it, a simple slant route and he has an easy first down before he’s even touched. To me that’s coaching, that’s not letting your guys play that’s letting your play calling beat you. It seems as though everyone is seeing this except the coaching staff, game after game we see the same thing with the same result.
HC:
It’s on you Jeff, you didn’t have your entire team ready for this game and it showed on the field.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jacobarch. That is exactly what I saw and I would not call it chaos or find it funny. All of the things stated happened and it is a symptom of a larger problem with a lot of areas with this team including the fact that they are very young. That does not mean you show-up totally unprepared and play like a bunch of confused high school players.

And that playing off the receivers and the line of scrimmage has been a pattern for the defensive backfield dating back to the preseason when everyone dismissed it has not giving the competition any secrets. Yesterday, I saw McLeod 20 yards deep on more than one occasion like in some sort of permanent prevent D and there was a huge hole in the middle of the field just behind Laurinaitus. No that is a coaching philosphy and it starts with Walton because I'm sure Fisher is not responsible for that lunacy.

No I firmly think that both coordinators are in over their heads and the author of the post has them pegged to a T. I think unless Fisher gets ahold of some thinks, he may lose both this team and his job.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that playing off the receivers and the line of scrimmage has been a pattern for the defensive backfield dating back to the preseason when everyone dismissed it has not giving the competition any secrets. Yesterday, I saw McLeod 20 yards deep on more than one occasion like in some sort of permanent prevent D and there was a huge hole in the middle of the field just behind Laurinaitus. No that is a coaching philosphy and it starts with Walton because I'm sure Fisher is not responsible for that lunacy.

No I firmly think that both coordinators are in over their heads and the author of the post has them pegged to a T. I think unless Fisher gets ahold of some thinks, he may lose both this team and his job.

Correction they were doing that last year too. Thats why I'm wondering how much Fisher has to do with calling Defensive plays.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they were doing it last year, they made up for their gaping holes and laying off the receivers by sacking the QB and could thus get away with it. But since we did not have alot of sacks in the last two games (3), no pressure equals quick slants and let the receiver go where this huge holes are. In our D, there are a lot. I guess we have been exposed.

If Fisher is calling that nonsense, it is probably due to no Safety help over the top. I can see how that might be advantageous with real young guys, but with a veteran team like Dallas and Atlanta and their number ones, they just picked us apart and marched down the field.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if they were doing it last year, they made up for their gaping holes and laying off the receivers by sacking the QB and could thus get away with it. But since we did not have alot of sacks in the last two games (3), no pressure equals quick slants and let the receiver go where this huge holes are. In our D, there are a lot. I guess we have been exposed.

If Fisher is calling that nonsense, it is probably due to no Safety help over the top. I can see how that might be advantageous with real young guys, but with a veteran team like Dallas and Atlanta and their number ones, they just picked us apart and marched down the field.

I can agree that our Safety help is weak. But teams have looked at film and have seen what it's takes to beat our Defense. Good coaching staffs adjust. Hopefully we'll see some changes this week and Fisher and Co. will get their team out of the dog house.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scary thing to me is that the whiners are struggling coming to St. Louis...The Rams in disarray might well be exactly what they need too get back on track...I think they'll be in a real bad mood and take it out on the Rams...We'll se ...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher has three less days to get his team ready....:L