• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams Board Sensitivity?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you are on your way to the playoffs and possibly headed for the Superbowl,
Are you ready to welcome opposing views should you make it?
Will their be actual banter between Rams fans and opposing team fans allowed?

Should you make it to the playoffs, opposing team banter should be a badge of honor. Good luck.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that you are on your way to the playoffs and possibly headed for the Superbowl,

Should you make it to the playoffs, opposing team banter should be a badge of honor. Good luck.
Yes, banter is and has always been allowed here, on the appropriate thread however...

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Just can't go all willy nilly up in here South!

Those who have tried, paint a picture of a Rams board sensitivity, but when redirected and ignored things get real for those folks and when 'they' get the boot, they are usually the ones who get butt hurt. :nod:

Pretty simple rules (For all other threads outside of the MVT & Unsportsmanlike Conduct Thread UCT)...
  • Be respectful to the Rams and the Rams board members because.... It's our boards.
  • Yes, it's a one way street because..... It's our boards.
  • If you want to talk shit, go to the Master Vent Thread, you'll get plenty of run there, trust me! Oh, and why go there? Because..... It's our boards.
  • If you don't want to follow the rules, you'll get shown the door, why? Because..... It's our boards!
As one of the moderators here South, I find it funny as some posters have come in here in the past trying to call all the shots like they own the place. Then when they find out what's expected, but choose to get all huffy puffy instead, they go crying to whoever will listen that the Rams boards are too sensitive. :dhd:

Kind of ironic, huh? :heh:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, banter is and has always been allowed here, on the appropriate thread however...

The Master Vent Thread-Negativity Within-Enter at Your Own Risk

Just can't go all willy nilly up in here South!

Those who have tried, paint a picture of a Rams board sensitivity, but when redirected and ignored things get real for those folks and when 'they' get the boot, they are usually the ones who get butt hurt. :nod:

Pretty simple rules...
  • Be respectful to the Rams and the Rams board members because.... It's our boards.
  • Yes, it's a one way street because..... It's our boards.
  • If you want to talk shit, go to the Master Vent Thread, you'll get plenty of run there, trust me! Oh, and why go there? Because..... It's our boards.
  • If you don't want to follow the rules, you'll get shown the door, why? Because..... It's our boards!
As one of the moderators here South, I find it funny as some posters have come in here in the past trying to call all the shots like they own the place. Then when they find out what's expected, but choose to get all huffy puffy instead, they go crying to whoever will listen that the Rams boards are too sensitive. :dhd:

Kind of ironic, huh? :heh:

Got it. Tread lightly. In other words, Don't disagree 3with Rams posters. Got it.
Good luck in the playoffs. I won't be here.....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got it. Tread lightly. In other words, Don't disagree 3with Rams posters. Got it.
Good luck in the playoffs. I won't be here.....
:lol:

Dude, just go to the Master Vent thread to bring the trash talk! :trash:

I don't know why that's a problem?

:noidea:

You can take the gloves off in there, and we all pretty much go there, but we know what we are there for. If we don't want to put up with any of that shit, we simply stay away. Anything goes in there except for tHoopla TOS violations that aren't allowed anywhere on this site.

FWIW - We don't even allow Rams fans to troll and trash talk other Rams fans outside of that thread.

So come on South, don't be so sensitive! :nono:

There is a time and place for everything, and it's not like it's even a novel idea, they just usually call those type of threads 'smack talk threads.'

You should consider, team boards are for like fans to come together and not be picked at by other fans whose sole purpose is to troll the brokenhearted, and for the longest of times our Rams in that aspect were certain to oblige.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

Dude, just go to the Master Vent thread to bring the trash talk! :trash:

I don't know why that's a problem?

:noidea:

You can take the gloves off in there, and we all pretty much go there, but we know what we are there for. If we don't want to put up with any of that shit, we simply stay away. Anything goes in there except for tHoopla TOS violations that aren't allowed anywhere on this site.

FWIW - We don't even allow Rams fans to troll and trash talk other Rams fans outside of that thread.

So come on South, don't be so sensitive! :nono:

There is a time and place for everything, and it's not like it's even a novel idea, they just usually call those type of threads 'smack talk threads.'

You should consider, team boards are for like fans to come together and not be picked at by other fans whose sole purpose is to troll the brokenhearted, and for the longest of times our Rams in that aspect were certain to oblige.

I don't disagree with keeping a tight rein. I do disagree with being so sensitive that nobody dare post even legitimate football discussion. Disagreement is allowed on almost all boards.
Step over the line and get warned - not banned.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with keeping a tight rein. I do disagree with being so sensitive that nobody dare post even legitimate football discussion. Disagreement is allowed on almost all boards.
Step over the line and get warned - not banned.
Who ever said you couldn't disagree?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give it a shot when relevant. Good luck in the playoffs!
:suds:

Feel free to go to the Master Vent Thread (MVT) if you want to smack talk. Most of those rules were put in place to keep us Rams posters civil with one another.
(Losing as long as we did, will cause some internal strife)

With that, it hardly seems fair to let other have there way here when we all have specific rules to go by.

So we relegate that sort of 'venting' or 'negativity' if you will to the MVT.

FWIW, even that thread has a caveat, no mentioning 'he who must not be named', and that is only allowed on the Unsportsmanlike Conduct thread.
(Which I doubt most other team boards posters have an interest in outside of Minny anyways)

If you read the OP's of those two threads you can kind of see their intentions.

Good Luck in the post season South, not that you need it. :thumb:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez. This is pretty simple and many boards now have a Master Vent thread and employ the same rules as we do here on this board. Check out the Seattle thread for example. IF YOU WANT TO TALK SMACK, GO TO THE MASTER VENT THREAD. Otherwise you can post anywhere here with the SportsHoopla site regs in mind and you can disagree. We are not as sensitive as one may surmise. If you step over the lines outside of that thread, you'll hear from myself or Vitamike. Adjust and continue. It's that simple.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Seattle board, their master vent thread is called the "Smack Talk Thread".

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, like I said earlier...

We do start with a 'warning' for folks who cross over the line. Understand, that sometimes leads to jimmies getting rustled. (AKA them folks being too sensitive) and then their shit show starts. What are we suppose to do? Of course we tell them to split if they wont be civil...

FWIW - I don't think we've ever perma banned anyone for any reason on the Rams boards.

We have had a few who were told they weren't welcome for a bit when they wouldn't listen to reason. A couple who got their jimmies rustled, and said they'd never return, and a few who were given timeouts for a short period, but that's it.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You shut that whore mouth of yours. We are NOT sensitive here. Dagummit

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vent thread is kind of like a steel cage match with all of the bleeding in one place. Of course the Rams were so good this year the vent thread didn't get much use. Last season that was the only thread posted on on game day.:heh:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah where did that guy go? Maybe he is you know who's Physical Therapist, he is only here when you know who is healthy. :heh:

I'm guessing he hasn't come back because Goff did exactly what I said Goff would this season.... If Goff was bad, trust me, he would've been here throwing it in my face....