• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rams 15, Panthers 30-Fourth Loss

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going into this game many of us thought the team had fixed many of its ills especially on offense because we were riding a two-game win streak and we just watched a team play a great full-team game the previous week. But the Rams apparently did not and they had a horrific game in Carolina. With 4 turnovers (1 INT-pick 6, 3 fumbles) and 4 sacks given up and Sammie going down with a knee injury our defense took another beating with C. Long getting thrown out of the game and yielding 30 points. This game was about unsportmanlike conduct much of it being reactionary to trash talking and cheap shots by Steve Smith, Bell at OT, and Mike Walters of Carolina.

On Offense. The positives. Not much here. Sammie finished the day going 21/30 for 255 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT that was another pick 6 in the first quarter. Brian Quick finally got into the game by catching a 73 yard bomb from Sammie, the longest and the first deep ball of the year. Zac Stacy remained productive with a pedestrian 17 carries and 53 yards with some really great blocks to protect Sammie on pass plays. Stacey had a decent game. Quick was high man amongst receivers going with 2 catches for 97 yards.

The negatives. Alot here. This was another game where the defense scored first and the offense did not score a TD until there were about 3 minutes left in the half. This is not a good sign for us. The Oline gave up four sacks, many of which were coverage sacks. We had people fumbling the ball like no tomorrow as we lost three. Tavon Austin coughed it up on a nice pass play. We had drive killing penalties such as Jake Long getting called for tripping on a beautiful pitch and catch between Sammie and Austion that negated a 60-yard TD. We had Brian Quick dropping a perfectly thrown ball in the endzone in the second half that was a sure TD and we failed on an early TD from the one foot line where Sammie was pressured to overthrow a covered receiver instead of running the football.

On defense. The positives. We had a safety in the early going when the offense failed to score from the 1-foot line. The defense did play smashmouth football and were really hitting Newton who the Panthers claimed started the trash talking and cheap shots with a hit that Quinn put on Newton. We had two sacks today: One each from Laurinaitus and Quinn. We also had a great goal line stand that took away a TD that Steve Smith thought he had but to no avail in the long run. Eventually our defense gave up 30 points.

The negatives. It started with Chris Long letting a little turd of receiver in trash talking Steve Smith get into his head and got caught on a retaliatory punch and was ejected. That fired up the defense to get the aforementioned goal line stand but then it just went downhill after that. Walton continues to play his defense like it is a 100 yard prevent defense and the DBs play off the receivers with huge gaps of yardage. We just got killed with the pass in the gaps. There were no interceptions today either.

Janoris Jenkis got baited as Steve Smith continued his assualt along with Eugene Sims as well as Harvey Dahl on offense.

Special teams were relatively quiet today. Zuerlein was his usual stellar self on kickoffs and he had one FG and one extra point.

Even with all of our miscues, we had a chance to make a comeback until Sammie went down on a cheap shot out of bounds tackle that was not called by Mike Walters as Sammie was running out of bounds. Sammie's foot caught the seam on the sidelines just a tad and Walters weight buckled Sammie's left knee. The angle showed on ESPN indicated a buckling of the left knee inward and Sammie lay on the ground writhing in pain. The buckling from that angle indicated a tear type injury such as an ACL and/or medial meniscus. Hopefully, it was just a sprain of the ACl but the way Sammie was writhing on the ground, that is usually indicative of an ACL tear.

Onward we go with Kellen Clemons starting next week with Seattle coming to town as I am sure Sammie's injury will be significant. I think we need to bring another QB in ASAP and there are a boatload of also-rans out there. I'd like to see Tebow in here but he is just one of many. We will all know the extent of Sammie's injury as our season is now in jeopardy of being worse than last year.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is reporting that Sammie will undergo an MRI on his knee Monday and that the prognosis is not good. Since I have worked with sports injuries, I can tell you that if they are doing an MRI, there is significant damage and I suspect, just from watching the replay and Sammie's reaction, that there is a either a partial or complete tear of the ACL ligament. I hope it is just a sprain but my experience tells me it is of a greater nature.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see any of the 4th, but from what I've been hearing it was worth missing. Friends of mines keep asking me why I'm a fan of this franchise, and honestly it's becoming really difficult in rooting for them week after week.. :noidea:

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent recap retro, I am not really in the mood for any haters today. I wanted Suh, they took Bradford, I have tried to keep a positive mind about Sammy even though at times it is hard, but now with the injury I will not be able to count the numbers of negatives going to come out now. I won't take it, I won't respond to any of it, I will only say that this season has been his best and to see it end with a squirrel on the sidelines is a shame. Now instead of that OT next draft, the eggs on the site can start talking QB and we can look at 4-12 the next 3 years. Good luck with that guys, hope your young instead of old because by then I won't probably be around or at the age to again start over.:L

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent recap retro, I am not really in the mood for any haters today. I wanted Suh, they took Bradford, I have tried to keep a positive mind about Sammy even though at times it is hard, but now with the injury I will not be able to count the numbers of negatives going to come out now. I won't take it, I won't respond to any of it, I will only say that this season has been his best and to see it end with a squirrel on the sidelines is a shame. Now instead of that OT next draft, the eggs on the site can start talking QB and we can look at 4-12 the next 3 years. Good luck with that guys, hope your young instead of old because by then I won't probably be around or at the age to again start over.:L

I don't know if i can fathom 2 4-12 seasons back to back..if that were to happen; I'm taking a hiatus from Ram football.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea it looks pretty bleak right now. And I hear you both Jermaine and Blue. You know me though. I'll be hanging in till I am done on this earth and I'll be covering these guys forever. Once we get the details of Sammie's injuries, I see us going with Clemons until a light goes on and they go after somebody like a Tebow.

Blue, the haters are always going to be there no matter what and I know you are not real big on answering such banter. You do what you need to do. Jermaine. I think you took a hiatus back when we had Linehan. Another vacation is always a good thing. If you decide to return, I'll be right here pounding the keyboards.

Say what you want, Tebow gives us the best chance of playing competively but if they sign him, I would suggest they bring a QB coach like a Kurt Warner. He needs to correct his throwing mechanics. His rushing is legendary at this juncture and if nothing else, he could tuck it under and rush for 70 yards like a Kaepernick.

Wuth these developments and the Redskins record, we may have two picks in the top 10 in the first round. We shall see what transpires in the next several days and weeks.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes we forget its only a game. Yes we may bleed the colors. But in the end what we say here will have no effect at all on what the team does or how they play. What we post here are only opinions no one being any better than the other.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives: Bradford's time in St. Louis is up with a season ending injury. Sucks for him but good for the Rams future.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Positives: Bradford's time in St. Louis is up with a season ending injury. Sucks for him but good for the Rams future.

.....thats not a positive.

im serious. even if we had drafted rg3, luck, wilson, kap, ect ect. there is no way he survives or becomes effective on a team like this. All of these qbs have a team in place and that is why they succeed. whether its a decent coach, decent defense, decent oline, decent running game they have it. Rams don't

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im serious. even if we had drafted rg3, luck, wilson, kap, ect ect. there is no way he survives or becomes effective on a team like this. All of these qbs have a team in place and that is why they succeed. whether its a decent coach, decent defense, decent oline, decent running game they have it. Rams don't
You're wasting your time with him. Injuries are never a plus for teams. It's like saying Calvin Johnson breaking a leg would be good for the Lions. He's just a troll.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wasting your time with him. Injuries are never a plus for teams. It's like saying Calvin Johnson breaking a leg would be good for the Lions. He's just a troll.

You're wasting your time living in denial. That's nothing like saying Calvin Johnson breaking a leg would be good for the Lions. Calvin Johnson is the Lions best player. Sam Bradford is holding the Rams back. Good luck in the draft. I'll be rooting for you guys to finally land a franchise signal caller.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fisher is, and always has been overrated. It was hard to watch him leverage the Rams and Fish against each other the way they did. Greedy, and over the hill. Maybe you'll get lucky and get a new HC to go along with your new QB next year.

:suds:

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes we forget its only a game. Yes we may bleed the colors. But in the end what we say here will have no effect at all on what the team does or how they play. What we post here are only opinions no one being any better than the other.

I agree!

Next week would have been a tough game any way. Let's see how the Rams respond to Bradford's injury.

I'm sticking with these guys no matter how ugly it gets.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree!

Next week would have been a tough game any way. Let's see how the Rams respond to Bradford's injury.

I'm sticking with these guys no matter how ugly it gets.

Unfortunately next week could get real ugly and everyone will be watching!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I predicted, Sammie tore his ACL on his left knee. He'll undergo an MRI to determine the extent of the rupture.

Also, Fox Sports is reporting that the Rams have discussed signing Tim Tebow and that his signing could be imminent maybe even this week.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're wasting your time living in denial. That's nothing like saying Calvin Johnson breaking a leg would be good for the Lions. Calvin Johnson is the Lions best player. Sam Bradford is holding the Rams back. Good luck in the draft. I'll be rooting for you guys to finally land a franchise signal caller.

It's not denial it's a bloody fact. If this team was decent from top to bottom we would still have bulger and Kurt Warner would have retired as a ram.

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get where you're coming from, I do, but are you even a Rams fan? I'm confused....why are you here? I'm in no way calling you out but if you're not a true Rams fan are you really that bored with your own team?
Here's food for thought...

Say Stafford or CJohnson was lost for the season......How do you think the Lions would do?
Bradford is every bit as good as Stafford....But doesn't have anyone that even comes close to Calvin. So lets take a look at their stats shall we?

Bradford:
Pass Completions
Pass Attempts
Rushing Touchdowns
Rushing Yards
Passer Rating
Interceptions
Touchdown Passes
Passing Yards
(and this is up to the injury, so stafford has more play time)

Stafford:
Pass Attempts
Rushing Touchdowns
Rushing Yards
Passer Rating
Interceptions
Touchdown Passes
Passing Yards

So stats are very similar to one another right?

So tell me how Bradford is the issue with this team when he is doing as well a guy with arguably one of the best WR's ever?
I'll put it to you another way...I don't think the Rams offense has really been that big of an issue this year. It's been penalties and really piss poor defensive/ST play. We're at the top of the league in Redzone scoring and have been averaging over 20 points a game. Before the season began this year we all told ourselves if we can score over 20 a game we'll be golden because our defense will be awesome..........Well wtf happened?

Sam Bradford stats graph | Stats Lab - NFL.com