• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RAIDERS

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Completely agree The Kolton Miller pick made no sense. The Raiders do need Oline. And I'm not saying Miller may not eventually develop into a great Offensive lineman has hit and miss. But you just don't trade back to take a gamble. When You have Vita Vea OTB. Who I think is the clear top DT and a need on the board. Pass on a CB another much more important need. Or hand darwin James who very well may have been the best safety in the draft to the Chargers. Especially with OT being a depth position in the draft.

PJ Hall is another nice project. But with a 2nd rd pick he's a stretch. Also wouldnt have been a need if they stayed put and grabbed Vea or waited on Hurst. Who was a top tier DT before the heart condition news broke. I think he will be fine he played his entire college career with the same condition. But trading back with Joshua Jackson and other corners still OTB for Hall was another bad move. Hell I may have gone RB over Hall at that point. They will have to address an elite RB to replace Lynch at some point soon.

I did like the Key,Hurst and Victor picks although they are all risks. The Nelson pick may have been their best pick. But they could have had a better cb earlier. Ateman may turn out to be a solid pick.But this was far from a solid draft imo. I'm really not sure what they were thinking. But they basically traded back and passed on top tier players in the first two rounds to gain picks. Just to give those extra picks to move up later.And pick players to compensate the need positions they missed on early in the draft. A lot of wasted movement. When they could have picked some elite talent they passed on and filled the other holes they really needed to fill. With the multiple picks they had. Raiders dropped the ball in this draft pretty bad imo

It was a C like I've been saying all along and several others gave them that grade.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a C like I've been saying all along and several others gave them that grade.
I can see why they would get a C grade. If your looking at the players they picked up late. Where I drop their grade is based more on how they conducted their draft. They did make a few potential nice moves in acquiring Bryant and selecting Key,Hurst,Nelson ,Victor. I did like the UDFA signing of Baugh. But they passed on immediate impact players such as Vea who has the skill set of a consistent pro bowler.As well as Darwin James in the first. Another high impact player. More so handing him to a rival. For an OT that could have been filled later. And followed that by trading back again and reaching again on PJ Hall. Rather than taking an impact corner in Jackson or a potential future starting RB. They could have still picked up the same players that raised their media grade later.Without trading the picks they acquired As well as added depth and upgraded other need positions. I try to look at the over all picture. In this case what cuddlier is stating makes sense. What the Raiders didn't do far outweighs what they did. A lot of wasted movements and early misses. Cost the Raiders several high impact players they needed far more than what they took.Hopefully they learn from this when they see what they passed on. And have a better draft next year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may have been there best move in the draft. They did pick up Nelson but he is aging. Also where Ateman may be a solid late pick. But looking at their draft. They had early picks in the 1st,2nd, 3rd (which may have been Bryant anyway) and 4th. A later pick in the 5th,4 6th rd picks and a 7th. They really didnt need to trade back to gain picks. And the picks they gained are wasted trading up later. Wasted movement is poor draft management. They could have literally just stood pat and had an impact player like a Vea or James in the 1st. Their top tier corner in Jackson or a future RB like Keryon in the 2nd. Still got their OT or filled another need early in the 4th. And either added a lot of the players they got late. Or added depth and upgraded positions with all the late picks. The first two picks were extremely puzzling. It made no sense to reach. When they could have started the draft with a solid foundation. That gives the team immediate impact. And filled their other needs and built off that foundation. Based on previous drafts it just felt like the Raiders took a step backwards

As much as I hate saying it the Broncos had a great draft. Also a great UDFA signing in Lindsey. He was an extremely versatile and productive RB for the Buffs. I wouldnt be surprised to see him contribute for your broncs being utilized in different roles

This was easily my favorite Broncos draft since the 2011 one with Von Miller. Felt like they actually got some big time day 1 impact players this year.

As for the Raiders I guess the Kolton Miller pick might need to pay off even earlier than first thought with the news about Donald Penn today. Could get pretty scary trying to figure out this OL if he is a no go for this upcoming season.

Now if I were in charge of the Raiders draft board this is what I would have done. I'll just go off the trade back spots. I would have either taken Jaire Alexander, Derwin James, or Tremaine Edmunds. More day 1 impact and players at positions of huge need for this Raiders team. Personally I would have taken James. I view him as one of the best players in this entire draft.

2nd round I would have gone with the guy picked right after Hall in Isaiah Oliver. Brian O'Neill would have been a good choice too if they were looking for a project OT with high upside. I think he has higher upside than Miller personally.

Then I would have taken Lorenzo Carter with the next pick in the 3rd round. Raw pass rushing player but huge huge upside. B.J. Hill would have made sense as well to add to the DL. The Arden Key pick actually made a lot of sense at that poitn int he draft. Huge risk but worth it in the 3rd as the kid could prove to be a top-15 talent if he can keep his nose clean.

Nick Nelson is another I can't disagree with. Pretty good pick with some good potential. The middle of this draft is what I could get behind if I'm a Raiders fan. Maurice Hurst again high risk but worth it at that point in the draft. Azeem Victor is one that I guess I can understand in the 6th but not a guy I see the Raiders getting much out of.

All in all best I could give this draft is a C. Middle of the draft definitely saved it but it was with very high risk type players. I just really couldn't figure out where Gruden and staff were trying to go with this draft.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was easily my favorite Broncos draft since the 2011 one with Von Miller. Felt like they actually got some big time day 1 impact players this year.

As for the Raiders I guess the Kolton Miller pick might need to pay off even earlier than first thought with the news about Donald Penn today. Could get pretty scary trying to figure out this OL if he is a no go for this upcoming season.

Now if I were in charge of the Raiders draft board this is what I would have done. I'll just go off the trade back spots. I would have either taken Jaire Alexander, Derwin James, or Tremaine Edmunds. More day 1 impact and players at positions of huge need for this Raiders team. Personally I would have taken James. I view him as one of the best players in this entire draft.

2nd round I would have gone with the guy picked right after Hall in Isaiah Oliver. Brian O'Neill would have been a good choice too if they were looking for a project OT with high upside. I think he has higher upside than Miller personally.

Then I would have taken Lorenzo Carter with the next pick in the 3rd round. Raw pass rushing player but huge huge upside. B.J. Hill would have made sense as well to add to the DL. The Arden Key pick actually made a lot of sense at that poitn int he draft. Huge risk but worth it in the 3rd as the kid could prove to be a top-15 talent if he can keep his nose clean.

Nick Nelson is another I can't disagree with. Pretty good pick with some good potential. The middle of this draft is what I could get behind if I'm a Raiders fan. Maurice Hurst again high risk but worth it at that point in the draft. Azeem Victor is one that I guess I can understand in the 6th but not a guy I see the Raiders getting much out of.

All in all best I could give this draft is a C. Middle of the draft definitely saved it but it was with very high risk type players. I just really couldn't figure out where Gruden and staff were trying to go with this draft.
I'm not sure whats going on with Penn. Some sources are saying DV others are saying nothing happened. Either way they needed to address they Offensive line. My thing is Vea is one of those rare DT's that consistently push the Oline back,Makes plays in the back field,can shed blocks and drop an RB and consistently pressure the QB. Eva was the key to a Washington defense that was top 5 in the country during his tenure.

Without the trades I prefer your draft. I'm not saying Miller will not be a great player potential is there. But he was not the BPA for the Raiders at that slot. felt like the Raiders really handcuffed themselves on their first 3 picks. And put themselves in more of a roll the dice position on their late picks. Your draft is one example. Of how they could have addressed needs. With top tier players rather than taking chances on guys with off the field issues or coming off injuries. While trading away the picks they acquired trading back to obtain them. Between the wasted movement,misses and risks. Best I could see anyone giving them is a C. Ive got their draft more around a D tops

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure whats going on with Penn. Some sources are saying DV others are saying nothing happened. Either way they needed to address they Offensive line. My thing is Vea is one of those rare DT's that consistently push the Oline back,Makes plays in the back field,can shed blocks and drop an RB and consistently pressure the QB. Eva was the key to a Washington defense that was top 5 in the country during his tenure.

Without the trades I prefer your draft. I'm not saying Miller will not be a great player potential is there. But he was not the BPA for the Raiders at that slot. felt like the Raiders really handcuffed themselves on their first 3 picks. And put themselves in more of a roll the dice position on their late picks. Your draft is one example. Of how they could have addressed needs. With top tier players rather than taking chances on guys with off the field issues or coming off injuries. While trading away the picks they acquired trading back to obtain them. Between the wasted movement,misses and risks. Best I could see anyone giving them is a C. Ive got their draft more around a D tops

Agreed on all points. Lots of directions the Raiders could have gone in this draft and really looked like a tough competitor for this upcoming season. The picks they made though had me cheering as a Broncos fan. Had a neighbor complain when I started yelling for joy at the Kolton Miller pick. All the more in round to with P.J. being the pick. Maybe in a couple of years DJ can copy and paste these remarks and I'm proven completely wrong about this Raiders draft. That is the great thing about the draft is you just never quite know.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on all points. Lots of directions the Raiders could have gone in this draft and really looked like a tough competitor for this upcoming season. The picks they made though had me cheering as a Broncos fan. Had a neighbor complain when I started yelling for joy at the Kolton Miller pick. All the more in round to with P.J. being the pick. Maybe in a couple of years DJ can copy and paste these remarks and I'm proven completely wrong about this Raiders draft. That is the great thing about the draft is you just never quite know.
I had the opposite reaction. I was cursing with just about every Broncos pick. The kicker on the Miller pick was they was they handed the Chargers James. The kicker on the trade backs goes further than their selections. They wasted the extra picks trading up. When evaluating a draft I don't use the media route and just look at selections. I look at the entire picture. I can see why you would be cheering as a Broncos fan.The Raiders had massive potential to make massive improvements with impact players. And walked away with some decent risk picks instead :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the opposite reaction. I was cursing with just about every Broncos pick. The kicker on the Miller pick was they was they handed the Chargers James. The kicker on the trade backs goes further than their selections. They wasted the extra picks trading up. When evaluating a draft I don't use the media route and just look at selections. I look at the entire picture. I can see why you would be cheering as a Broncos fan.The Raiders had massive potential to make massive improvements with impact players. And walked away with some decent risk picks instead :L

It felt like they went the way of the Broncos and what they have done the last couple of years in the draft of pick guys with high potential but far from finished products in the hopes that they have better days ahead.

That is what I loved about this Bronco draft is I can actually see a lot of production from players day 1. Chubb should start. Sutton will get some opportunities but honestly I think Hamilton will provide more day 1 impact at the WR position for them. I wouldn't be shocked if Freeman is starting at RB. Yiadom was one of my favorite picks and should slide in as a nice #3 CB plus a nice special teams contributor. Josey Jewell again a guy I could see starting day 1 in the league. Troy Fumagalli in the 5th was a nice steal of a pick and should compete at the TE position for quite a bit of playing time. It wasn't until the 6th round that I found myself really disagreeing with any of the picks the Broncos made. Very different than any other draft I've watched of the Broncos.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It felt like they went the way of the Broncos and what they have done the last couple of years in the draft of pick guys with high potential but far from finished products in the hopes that they have better days ahead.

That is what I loved about this Bronco draft is I can actually see a lot of production from players day 1. Chubb should start. Sutton will get some opportunities but honestly I think Hamilton will provide more day 1 impact at the WR position for them. I wouldn't be shocked if Freeman is starting at RB. Yiadom was one of my favorite picks and should slide in as a nice #3 CB plus a nice special teams contributor. Josey Jewell again a guy I could see starting day 1 in the league. Troy Fumagalli in the 5th was a nice steal of a pick and should compete at the TE position for quite a bit of playing time. It wasn't until the 6th round that I found myself really disagreeing with any of the picks the Broncos made. Very different than any other draft I've watched of the Broncos.
Chubb and Sutton are exactly what you want in the first few RDs. High end players who can make an immediate impact. Chubb was an absolute steal. No way did I think he would still be OTB. Sutton was one of my top WRs in the draft. Hamilton out of Penn State was a steal very high ceiling. Yiadom was an awesome pick I was shocked he was still there that late. Freeman may not start but he's always been consistent. Bigger back with solid hands and track speed multiple 1000 yd rusher for the ducks.. Can run with power,get air on the goal line and is a home run threat back.Broncos also made a solid move adding Linsay from the Buffs via UDFA kids an extremely versatile RB. He could be a surprise for y'all. Fumagali may have been one of my favorite picks in the draft. He may have dropped because of his 40 time but he has deceptive speed. Always seems to get separation great route running TE. Always seemed to be wide open on big plays dow Wisky. Great hands makes the difficult catches. The best blocker of the receiving TEs imo. He carried Wisconsins offense with some bad QBs.Until they found a RB in Taylor last year.

Out of the AFC west Broncos had the best draft followed by the Chargers imo. James is going to be a beast of a safety. Not looking forward to Nwosu paired with Bosa either. Jones was another nice addition on their Dline.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vadal Alexander has now been suspended for 4-games. Those rookie tackles might have to play in a hurry and have some tough matchups early in the season against some good pass rushers.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Jon Gruden is doing. He's just about taken complete control of the personnel department with all the moves he's made. It's safe to say the Reggie McKenzie touch is gone. It's gonna be interesting to see just how good they will be with Chucky at the helm.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RAIDERS cleaned that draft up! Poor Keenum, Rivers and Mahomes! Smh, those guys are gonna get SACKED!!

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The RAIDERS cleaned that draft up! Poor Keenum, Rivers and Mahomes! Smh, those guys are gonna get SACKED!!

I wouldn't be so sure about that. All 3 QBs have shown they have the ability to move the pocket when the protection breaks down. I'd more concerned with how the Raiders plan on protecting Carr this season rather than the other 3 teams in the division who will be far better.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure about that. All 3 QBs have shown they have the ability to move the pocket when the protection breaks down. I'd more concerned with how the Raiders plan on protecting Carr this season rather than the other 3 teams in the division who will be far better.
The Broncos have NO OL thats no secret. Keenum is gonna get CRUSHED!
Mack, PJ Hall, MEJ, Mo Sacks, Irvin and Key are going to feast on the Bronco OL.
Speaking of the Broncos? It's wonderful how they passed on Josh Rosen for Chubb. While Chubb could be good, Rosen could be GREAT. QB trumps all baby.

KC is in rebuild mode. While they should be exciting Mahomes is gonna get sacked a lot as well.
The Bolts are different story. Good solid team, but Rivers too will get sacked. He's on his last legs.

And our OL got much better dude. The 6-9 super athletic Miller will be pretty good. You must understand what he can do and what he brings to the table. He will be coached up. Same goes for the athletic 6-7 Parker. Those guys our our future at tackle.
In the mean time we still have Penn and the pretty good Sharpe who went into Philly last year and shut out his man.
Our offense will be explosive with Coop, Nelson, Bryant, Ateman and Roberts. Chucky is the NEW man in town!

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack, PJ Hall, MEJ, Mo Sacks, Irvin and Key are going to feast on the Bronco OL.
Speaking of the Broncos? It's wonderful how they passed on Josh Rosen for Chubb. While Chubb could be good, Rosen could be GREAT. QB trumps all baby.

KC is in rebuild mode. While they should be exciting Mahomes is gonna get sacked a lot as well.
The Bolts are different story. Good solid team, but Rivers too will get sacked. He's on his last legs.

And our OL got much better dude. The 6-9 super athletic Miller will be pretty good. You must understand what he can do and what he brings to the table. He will be coached up. Same goes for the athletic 6-7 Parker. Those guys our our future at tackle.
In the mean time we still have Penn and the pretty good Sharpe who went into Philly last year and shut out his man.
Our offense will be explosive with Coop, Nelson, Bryant, Ateman and Roberts. Chucky is the NEW man in town!

AFC West is gonna be a crapshoot this season. Nobody is gonna run away with the division. I see it coming down to the final few games of the season before a division champion can be crowned.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess you missed the part where the Broncos added to their OL this offseason and won't have a QB sitting 10 yards behind the LOS making it easy for a sack. Or maybe you missed the part where a couple of your tackles could be suspended to start the season because they can't control themselves off the field? Or maybe you missed the part where the Raiders were rated by pretty much everybody and their dog to have had one of the 3 worst drafts in the NFL. Or maybe the part where they keep bringing in all of these over the hill, injury prone players and shipping out healthy ones. Good luck to the Raiders is all I have to say as they are finishing 4th in this division this year. Gruden not off to a good start at all. And from what I understand McKenzie is pretty pissed at Gruden right now.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you missed the part where the Broncos added to their OL this offseason and won't have a QB sitting 10 yards behind the LOS making it easy for a sack. Or maybe you missed the part where a couple of your tackles could be suspended to start the season because they can't control themselves off the field? Or maybe you missed the part where the Raiders were rated by pretty much everybody and their dog to have had one of the 3 worst drafts in the NFL. Or maybe the part where they keep bringing in all of these over the hill, injury prone players and shipping out healthy ones. Good luck to the Raiders is all I have to say as they are finishing 4th in this division this year. Gruden not off to a good start at all. And from what I understand McKenzie is pretty pissed at Gruden right now.
You are FREAKIN crazy if you think the RAIDERS are finishing last in the division! LMAO!! Not even you believe that. You know dang well it's you guys and KC fighting for last in the division.

And if you think adding Veldheer solves the problems on the OL, you have another thing coming. Keenum gonna get get crushed bro.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFC West is gonna be a crapshoot this season. Nobody is gonna run away with the division. I see it coming down to the final few games of the season before a division champion can be crowned.
Division play is always good for all teams.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are FREAKIN crazy if you think the RAIDERS are finishing last in the division! LMAO!! Not even you believe that. You know dang well it's you guys and KC fighting for last in the division.

And if you think adding Veldheer solves the problems on the OL, you have another thing coming. Keenum gonna get get crushed bro.

I actually do believe that. I think they have the worst roster in the AFC West. I've not been impressed with Gruden and everything he has done so far. And they continue to bring in just like signing Johnson players that are way past their prime and very injury prone. It's like he is showing he can deal with this younger generation so has to keep bringing in players that he can still somewhat relate to.

And no I don't think Veldheer is the end all be all for this OL being fixed. Bolles entering year 2, Ronald Leary back at his natural position, Paradis another year removed from his surgery, and a veteran RT should all help this OL as the two guys last year were ranked as 2 of the 3 worst tackles in all of football. And like I said throw in having a QB that actually knows how to move in the pocket is huge. Look at the Vikings OL last year. They were not better than the Broncos OL. They allowed just as much pressure. Yet the Vikings only gave up half the sacks the Broncos did. That is the difference between a good QB and a terrible QB being on the roster.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually do believe that. I think they have the worst roster in the AFC West. I've not been impressed with Gruden and everything he has done so far. And they continue to bring in just like signing Johnson players that are way past their prime and very injury prone. It's like he is showing he can deal with this younger generation so has to keep bringing in players that he can still somewhat relate to.

And no I don't think Veldheer is the end all be all for this OL being fixed. Bolles entering year 2, Ronald Leary back at his natural position, Paradis another year removed from his surgery, and a veteran RT should all help this OL as the two guys last year were ranked as 2 of the 3 worst tackles in all of football. And like I said throw in having a QB that actually knows how to move in the pocket is huge. Look at the Vikings OL last year. They were not better than the Broncos OL. They allowed just as much pressure. Yet the Vikings only gave up half the sacks the Broncos did. That is the difference between a good QB and a terrible QB being on the roster.
Lol cd. The Broncos have the worse roster by far, and ain't even close. You we will see, i won't be wrong.

Cd all those guys you just mentioned on that OL are not that good dude. Oh, im sure they can play they just ain't good.
We on the other hand have the BEST LG, C, and RG in the league.

Anyways cd you gonna see dude? CRUSHED