• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

RAIDERS

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see somebody is still crying. Free rent!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin Jano is done as a RAIDER. Bummer

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos gave Talib away. Hmm

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos gave Talib away. Hmm

Incorrect. The Broncos picked up a 5th round pick for Talib and won't be on the hook for his 11 million dollar salary. Most thought that they would simply release him and get nothing. A 5th round pick is a huge win for the Broncos. They needed to clear cap space for their run on free agents and/or a quarterback.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Incorrect. The Broncos picked up a 5th round pick for Talib and won't be on the hook for his 11 million dollar salary. Most thought that they would simply release him and get nothing. A 5th round pick is a huge win for the Broncos. They needed to clear cap space for their run on free agents and/or a quarterback.
I don't know man. Seems like Talib is one of the better corners in FA, total lock down Corner. If that 11M helps you guys in landing Cousins or whoever than yeah, i guess.

Crazy how the Rams got two of the best corners from the AFCW if not the league for pretty cheap.
Talib and Peters playing for Wade Phillips. Yikes!!
Good news for the AFCW and bad news for the NFCW!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know man. Seems like Talib is one of the better corners in FA, total lock down Corner. If that 11M helps you guys in landing Cousins or whoever than yeah, i guess.

Crazy how the Rams got two of the best corners from the AFCW if not the league for pretty cheap.
Talib and Peters playing for Wade Phillips. Yikes!!
Good news for the AFCW and bad news for the NFCW!

Did you just see that the Seahawks couldn't get anything for Richard Sherman? A guy 3 years younger and at the height of his career was considered the best CB in football? So for the Broncos to get a 5th round pick for a guy they were going to have to cut then yeah I would call it a victory. I'll miss Talib for sure. Great player that really set the tone for the defense. The writing was on the wall though that the Broncos want to get younger and retool once again either around Cousins or a top QB in the draft.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remmber when you told me Aldon Smith was going to revamp his career in Oakland and give the Raiders the best 1-2 combo of pass rushers in the NFL? What happened?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you just see that the Seahawks couldn't get anything for Richard Sherman? A guy 3 years younger and at the height of his career was considered the best CB in football? So for the Broncos to get a 5th round pick for a guy they were going to have to cut then yeah I would call it a victory. I'll miss Talib for sure. Great player that really set the tone for the defense. The writing was on the wall though that the Broncos want to get younger and retool once again either around Cousins or a top QB in the draft.
Talib > Sherman and it's not even close IMO. It just seems like a steal for the Rams is all. All Pro corner for a 5th round pick is a good deal. Again, if you guys are making room for a big fish, then yeah i could see why you guys did that deal. It just seems like the Rams got the better deal.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remmber when you told me Aldon Smith was going to revamp his career in Oakland and give the Raiders the best 1-2 combo of pass rushers in the NFL? What happened?
Freakin Aldon Smith, SMDH!!
He has skills as well all know, dude just wants to get high and beat on chicks. Sheety

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib > Sherman and it's not even close IMO. It just seems like a steal for the Rams is all. All Pro corner for a 5th round pick is a good deal. Again, if you guys are making room for a big fish, then yeah i could see why you guys did that deal. It just seems like the Rams got the better deal.

Talib is definitely a very talented player. He will be missed by the Broncos. There were a few reasons though this move had to be made for the Broncos. Cap wise they wanted to get younger and cheaper. It might not be just for a big fish like Cousins. They will try for him but this is more to make sure their cap stays under control.

Second this move is because of Bradley Roby. The Broncos absolutely love him and think he can be a top-5 CB in this league. The problem for him is sitting behind 2 All-Pro CB's. He is on the last year of his rookie deal so the Broncos want to make sure he is worth committing to long-term.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin Aldon Smith, SMDH!!
He has skills as well all know, dude just wants to get high and beat on chicks. Sheety

I told you that he was uncontrollable. That he might have a couple of moments but he would find a way to screw up and be out of the league. He is a million dollar player with a 50 cent head. Those players just don't make it in this league.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is definitely a very talented player. He will be missed by the Broncos. There were a few reasons though this move had to be made for the Broncos. Cap wise they wanted to get younger and cheaper. It might not be just for a big fish like Cousins. They will try for him but this is more to make sure their cap stays under control.

Second this move is because of Bradley Roby. The Broncos absolutely love him and think he can be a top-5 CB in this league. The problem for him is sitting behind 2 All-Pro CB's. He is on the last year of his rookie deal so the Broncos want to make sure he is worth committing to long-term.
I don't know dude, all that sounds good but truth is, you guys gave him up pretty cheap in the eyes of outsiders.
I mean Peters and Talib on the same team for a few trades? And Wade Phillips coaching them?! Smh

I can see why you guys did it as well. Frees up the money to make some moves. Kirk Cousins! Those sweepstakes will happen SOON!! Jets, Broncos, Vikings, Cards and now maybe the Bills after they traded away Taylor.
DRAMA!! Who gonna get him? Hmmm

Whoever strikes out in those sweepstakes will have plenty of QBs from which to choose from.
The Broncos select Josh Allen at 5 if you guys miss out on Cousins.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I told you that he was uncontrollable. That he might have a couple of moments but he would find a way to screw up and be out of the league. He is a million dollar player with a 50 cent head. Those players just don't make it in this league.
I don't remember you telling me that :)
You get a player like Aldon Smith because he's an All Pro player, we just can't control what they do off the field. Dude is a grown man he should know right from wrong. Hopefully he gets the help he needs.
Look at OBJ following in those same type of footsteps. Coke, weed and strippers. And he wants to be the highest paid player in the league. The Giants should trade him while his value is still high.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, thoughts on Keenum?

He is a decent signing in my book. Contract wise it is very team friendly. Allows them to get out of it after a year from what I understand if they need to or if a rookie shows they can outplay him. Gives them though a very solid starter. He played as a top-10 QB in the NFL last year. Finished with the 2nd best QBR in the league and fits the Broncos system well. Players really like playing with him so again I don't mind the signing at all.

I still want the Broncos to take a QB with the 5th pick though in Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold if they are there.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember you telling me that :)
You get a player like Aldon Smith because he's an All Pro player, we just can't control what they do off the field. Dude is a grown man he should know right from wrong. Hopefully he gets the help he needs.
Look at OBJ following in those same type of footsteps. Coke, weed and strippers. And he wants to be the highest paid player in the league. The Giants should trade him while his value is still high.

I definitely told you he wouldn't pan out the way you were hoping. He just has never gotten his life under control and I didn't think just moving down the street from San Fran to Oakland was going to be what he needed. He needed a great mentor like what Von got with DeMarcus Ware when he joined the Broncos. Saved Von's career as he was heading down a similar path as that of Aldon Smith for a bit.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a decent signing in my book. Contract wise it is very team friendly. Allows them to get out of it after a year from what I understand if they need to or if a rookie shows they can outplay him. Gives them though a very solid starter. He played as a top-10 QB in the NFL last year. Finished with the 2nd best QBR in the league and fits the Broncos system well. Players really like playing with him so again I don't mind the signing at all.

I still want the Broncos to take a QB with the 5th pick though in Mayfield, Rosen, or Darnold if they are there.
I don't like admitting this, but is was a solid move for the Broncos.
It gives you guys some options at 5 as well.

You guys don't have anymore cap space do ya? Hmmm

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely told you he wouldn't pan out the way you were hoping. He just has never gotten his life under control and I didn't think just moving down the street from San Fran to Oakland was going to be what he needed. He needed a great mentor like what Von got with DeMarcus Ware when he joined the Broncos. Saved Von's career as he was heading down a similar path as that of Aldon Smith for a bit.
You might of mentioned it dude.
You get these kind of players for the skill they have. Some work out some don't. Hopefully the guy gets the help he needs, cuz football is now over for him. Sadly

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson was a nice pickup.....hope he can stay healthy. He's better than Crabtree. Nice replacement if he can stay on the field.

I also like the Martin contract for 1 season to see if he can bounce back. If he produces, nice signing.

Like Keith Smith as a FB, he was a huge reason Elliott was so good.

We'll see. We still need to upgrade the CB's, not satisfied with adding Gilchrist and Whitehead to the defense. Wright and Melvin aren't the answers.