• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Question on Prudential

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for anyone who attends games there, am making a trip to NYC from Pittsburgh in February and we are planning on attending my first game at the Rock vs the Penguins. I was looking at seast in several areas and was curious how the arena is laid out. Is it fairly steep where everything is more on top of ice or does it slope back on a more gradual slope where the 100/200 level seats are pretty far from ice? i know at Consol here in Pittsburgh it is pretty steep and even the high seats are pretty good. I was looking at come seats in 112/113 taht are in row 6 or seats in 212 taht appear to be 3-4 rows behind for much cheaper. Is there a huge diffence in view from back of 100's to the front of 200's? Also, are the upper level seats behind the net a mile from the ice or a good view?? Was looking at some there as well.

Thanks for any inout, pumped to see my first Devils home game live.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally don't love the 200 level seats. They're not bad but you could probably get away with them and find lower level seats if you don't like them.

But no obstructed views, I personally love the balcony seats behind the net, see all the passing lanes, it's laid out for you like a video game.

Again, 200s aren't bad, if you can swing the 100 levels price wise I'd recommend it. Worst case scenario keep an eye out for empty sections, they usually won't give you the business if you want to move around.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, yeah, we sit behind nets in balcony level at consol and I like seeing everything unfold. One last question, will I need to fear for my girlfriend's life if she wears a Pens jersey??

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, yeah, we sit behind nets in balcony level at consol and I like seeing everything unfold. One last question, will I need to fear for my girlfriend's life if she wears a Pens jersey??

Ha, no, she'll be fine. It's not Philly.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question for anyone who attends games there, am making a trip to NYC from Pittsburgh in February and we are planning on attending my first game at the Rock vs the Penguins. I was looking at seast in several areas and was curious how the arena is laid out. Is it fairly steep where everything is more on top of ice or does it slope back on a more gradual slope where the 100/200 level seats are pretty far from ice? i know at Consol here in Pittsburgh it is pretty steep and even the high seats are pretty good. I was looking at come seats in 112/113 taht are in row 6 or seats in 212 taht appear to be 3-4 rows behind for much cheaper. Is there a huge diffence in view from back of 100's to the front of 200's? Also, are the upper level seats behind the net a mile from the ice or a good view?? Was looking at some there as well.

Thanks for any inout, pumped to see my first Devils home game live.

Nice to see a fellow Devils fan in Pens territory! I live in Johnstown, but being as close to Pittsburgh as it is, it's obviously Pens land. Haven't made a trip to the Rock since probably 2008, but I sat in the upper level seats and it is pretty similar to PPG. I feel like most arenas built in this era are about the same when it comes to sight lines.

As for the Philly comment, I can attest that I was harassed to no end during my one and only trip there with my Devils jersey, to the point where the ushers had to intervene. It was fun and all, but I will say that it was one of the only times I was okay with Devils losing. Does anyone remember the stink bomb game? That was the game I was at lol!

The last few times I went to Pittsburgh for a game were all very tame. I went last year in November to a game and literally no one said a word. It was almost too strange.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Agree on the balcony seats. For what you likely will pay for those seats, its the best deal out there.
I have sat pretty much everywhere in that arena and there really is no bad seat. Of course downstairs is great, but it will cost you where as you can get tickets in the balcony level for about 30-35 bucks most nights.
If you are looking for a place to eat or have a few drinks before the arena opens, I would recommend Dinosaur BBQ. Its right next to the arena.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see a fellow Devils fan in Pens territory! I live in Johnstown, but being as close to Pittsburgh as it is, it's obviously Pens land. Haven't made a trip to the Rock since probably 2008, but I sat in the upper level seats and it is pretty similar to PPG. I feel like most arenas built in this era are about the same when it comes to sight lines.

As for the Philly comment, I can attest that I was harassed to no end during my one and only trip there with my Devils jersey, to the point where the ushers had to intervene. It was fun and all, but I will say that it was one of the only times I was okay with Devils losing. Does anyone remember the stink bomb game? That was the game I was at lol!

The last few times I went to Pittsburgh for a game were all very tame. I went last year in November to a game and literally no one said a word. It was almost too strange.

Thanks, that what I was wondering. If its pretty similar to PPG, i may end up getting the balcony seats behind net. that's where her season half season package is for Pens and I like the view.

I am closer to Latrobe, but yeah, I know there aren't many of us in the area LOL. I was pretty excited when I saw the half season package she has had both devils games this year.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree on the balcony seats. For what you likely will pay for those seats, its the best deal out there.
I have sat pretty much everywhere in that arena and there really is no bad seat. Of course downstairs is great, but it will cost you where as you can get tickets in the balcony level for about 30-35 bucks most nights.
If you are looking for a place to eat or have a few drinks before the arena opens, I would recommend Dinosaur BBQ. Its right next to the arena.

Thanks, I was going to ask what places around the arena were good for a pregame drink

Also, is it fairly easy to get a subway/train there from Manhattan? We are staying near Times Square

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thanks, I was going to ask what places around the arena were good for a pregame drink

Also, is it fairly easy to get a subway/train there from Manhattan? We are staying near Times Square

NP. There are a couple places. Dino BBQ gets very crowded especially closer to game time. If you get there early enough, you should be good. There are a couple good places around.

From Manhattan, you will want to go to take subway downtown to Penn Station and then take NJ transit to Newark. The NJ transit ride will be quick.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NP. There are a couple places. Dino BBQ gets very crowded especially closer to game time. If you get there early enough, you should be good. There are a couple good places around.

From Manhattan, you will want to go to take subway downtown to Penn Station and then take NJ transit to Newark. The NJ transit ride will be quick.
the walk of times square to penn station isnt bad either if you arent time crunched or walk adverse...

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One last question on seats, anybody ever sat in the goal bar section? Was thinking of springing a few extra and sitting there, wondered if its worth it??

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for everyone's input. I ended up getting Mezzanine level at center ice....section 112. Can't wait, got my new nico jersey ready for the occassion

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone going to the rock on saturday?? go gators! maybe the hard streets of newark will be just what they need after last nights terrible effort......

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
One last question on seats, anybody ever sat in the goal bar section? Was thinking of springing a few extra and sitting there, wondered if its worth it??

Was meaning to respond to this one. No, I never sat in the goal bar section but always wanted to. I typically go with my kids to the games and that is a big reason why I have not sat there.
I have been in the goal bar itself before. Met Kenny few years back and shook his hand after he was doing some interview.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, that what I was wondering. If its pretty similar to PPG, i may end up getting the balcony seats behind net. that's where her season half season package is for Pens and I like the view.

I am closer to Latrobe, but yeah, I know there aren't many of us in the area LOL. I was pretty excited when I saw the half season package she has had both devils games this year.

That is awesome. I have tickets to the game on March 23rd but it's pending my work schedule yet.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i've sat in every type of seat there minus the luxury boxes. i do agree there isn't a bad seat in the house but there are different types of seats in the house.

the third level up top there is zero leg room and the chairs are very very small if your a big person your going to be in pain for the night.

the balcony seats are a little better legroom wise and size wise (even though i think they are the same seat go figure). aim for an aisle seat.

the lower level seats are a lot bigger and the leg room is huge down there. so your going to pay more but if comfort matters to you then it will be worth it.

goal bar is great to an extent. the seats there are the same as in the club sections (the big black ones with the devils logo) that you see behind benches. those are the biggest seats you can have and the most comfortable and with the best leg room. so along with the club seating the goal bar you have your own small concession area a bar obviously tables where you can watch the game from on the tv's and your own bathroom separate from the concourse ones.

https://www.stubhub.com/new-jersey-...nter-2-3-2018/event/103045620/?sort=price+asc

this is the game your looking to hit up? ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS buy it off stubhub. screw ticketmaster they never have deals. this game being on a saturday against the pens will be "expensive" but still you have some really good seats on there now. $95 for lower levels and $123 gets you into a luxury box.

oh and don't even think you have to buy a ticket now for the game. keep checking that link and there will still be a ton of tickets day of the game granted it being saturday with pitt the prices might spike a little but i would wait til like a week before hand to pull the trigger so you know if snow will be a factor. also if its your first game and your not from the area....spluuuuurge man! dont sit up in the cheapies!