• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Previous coaches next jobs

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, here's a little side bar, where do Michigan's last two coaches end up once this year's coaching carousel comes to stop?

I've heard Rich Rod's name linked to a couple of jobs that are open, namely Miami and Virginia Tech (which oddly enough is being perceived as the better job of the two).

And while Hoke's name hasn't been mentioned, there are a couple places I think he could have success at, like UCF. And there are certainly going to be openings in the Group of 5 schools (where I think the man can still have success at) as the dominoes fall.

Thoughts?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rich Rod and VT is a good fit......How's Ball St. doing this year? Would Hoke go back to somewhere in Ohio?

UM Fire

The man, the myth, the legend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RR is a good fit where he is. Of all the P5 conferences, the PAC and the Big 12 have, IMO, the easiest defenses for his scheme to succeed. Admittedly, he wasn't given enough time to really prove the doubters wrong in the B1G... but I don't know that it would have ever worked. He just doesn't run the right system to fit with USC. His best big time fit is Oregon, but I don't think they're going to change coaches right now. It's just too bad he burned the WVU bridge. If Arizona is tired of competing for Pac 12 titles, WVU might want their guy back.

As for Hoke, VT would be pretty serendipitous but SCe would be a better fit. They need a guy who can recruit and Hoke can certainly do that.

GoBlueNavyNuke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, not a head coach gig, but good for Hoke landing at Oregon as the DC.