• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pretty good read

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
pdb isn't on the hot seat and he shouldn't be.

no coach in the nhl can turn this team around no one.

we have become the panthers of 10 years ago....a place where you get one last pay check and you get contracts to your buddies/family (elias/jagr/zid/havlat/gionta) no coach could turn the panthers around no coach can turn this team around.

until enough people realize lou is the problem this team will be the same fight for 8th place boring team that just misses the playoffs and finish 8th in the draft. never finishing low enough to get that elite talent at 1/2/3. i'm not saying to tank but i am saying to blow it up and take your lumps. you spend time on top you have to spend time on the bottom too at some point its the way it goes

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
the guy puts a tweet about only 2 coaches making it to 4 seasons in nj? lou put himself in this situation.

lets say pete is the problem he can't go out and fire the guy this place is already a coaching grave yard who would really want to come here and coach?

you also really have to wonder how many people have left here for "family reasons"?

robinson/sutter/parise/neids/kovy anyone else i miss?

i also keep mentioning him infusing this orginzation with former devil blood (pun). is t-bone really the guy we want to coach our young goalies? albalien an assistant? jmac? stevens? barr? who else is in the pipeline?

its just insane that this guy hasn't/isn't on the hot seat and no one is writing stories like this about him?
then again i really just have zero interest in this team so maybe someone did? i watched about 10mins of the game last night and saw it was 1-0 with 13mins left in the 3rd i turned it off. i knew they weren't going to win the game...maybe get to overtime/shootout but noway they were scoring 2x in the 3rd to win that game.

i'm a die hard fan and i have zero interest in this team....i can only imagine how the "casual" fan feels about this team

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As down as most of the fan base is on the team right now I really think we're only 1 player away from being a true contender. Might say more about the rest of the league but usually if you have that one true feared scorer on your team you could win a lot of games.

The Devils are good enough on D (without Sal) and in goal to compete for the playoffs. If you add one guy that would replace Zajac or Jagr on the 1st line we could be a threat in the playoffs.

DeBoer isnt the problem. Like in every other sport you are only as good as the talent you're given.

We have the pieces and money available to go after a scorer.

A big move will rejuvenate the fan base no doubt the same way it did when he traded for Kovy.

TheSgtDabbs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say for sure I believe PDB is just a helpless victim here. Example: The year Johnny Mac began the year as coach. Team was playing worse than they are now, he gets fired, Lemaire comes in and the team makes a nearly incredible run to the playoffs.

Not saying this situation is the same. But it makes you think....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say for sure I believe PDB is just a helpless victim here. Example: The year Johnny Mac began the year as coach. Team was playing worse than they are now, he gets fired, Lemaire comes in and the team makes a nearly incredible run to the playoffs.

Not saying this situation is the same. But it makes you think....

I see what you're saying but to me that was an extreme case. MacLean was in over his head. Should've never been in that position. So when he was replaced with arguably the best coach in team history the team is bound to play better.

So unless we're replacing PDB with a coach that has an insane track record as far as success goes I cant see the team all of the sudden waking up and playing better then they are now.

To me its a personnel problem over anything else.

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the guy puts a tweet about only 2 coaches making it to 4 seasons in nj? lou put himself in this situation.

lets say pete is the problem he can't go out and fire the guy this place is already a coaching grave yard who would really want to come here and coach?

you also really have to wonder how many people have left here for "family reasons"?

robinson/sutter/parise/neids/kovy anyone else i miss?

i also keep mentioning him infusing this orginzation with former devil blood (pun). is t-bone really the guy we want to coach our young goalies? albalien an assistant? jmac? stevens? barr? who else is in the pipeline?

its just insane that this guy hasn't/isn't on the hot seat and no one is writing stories like this about him?
then again i really just have zero interest in this team so maybe someone did? i watched about 10mins of the game last night and saw it was 1-0 with 13mins left in the 3rd i turned it off. i knew they weren't going to win the game...maybe get to overtime/shootout but noway they were scoring 2x in the 3rd to win that game.

i'm a die hard fan and i have zero interest in this team....i can only imagine how the "casual" fan feels about this team

Besides every out of work coach in North America?

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what you're saying but to me that was an extreme case. MacLean was in over his head. Should've never been in that position. So when he was replaced with arguably the best coach in team history the team is bound to play better.

So unless we're replacing PDB with a coach that has an insane track record as far as success goes I cant see the team all of the sudden waking up and playing better then they are now.

To me its a personnel problem over anything else.

Agree we need some personnel changes but I just don't see these guys trying for PDB anymore. Aside from sitting a young D man now and then there doesn't seem to be any repercussion for bad play or real rewards for good.