• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pressure? Who will deliver?

Which player will provide more for their new team?

• 1. Alex Smith

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 2. Kirk Cousins

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my opinion that Kirk Cousins is under more pressure to deliver than any QB in the league this season. There's also a significant number of our fans who will follow his season and make comparisons to Alex Smith.

That said, I'm curious to learn which of these players you guys honestly believe will provide more towards a "winning" season for their respective teams?

I have reviewed the upcoming season schedule for both of these QB's and it must be noted that having Aaron Rogers as an opposing QB twice goes unmatched for Alex Smith in the NFCE.

So, who's more likely to deliver more towards a winning season, Smith or Cousins?

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings are SB or bust. Good luck to Kirk but that's where he chose to be

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you define "providing more"? stats? wins?

If its stats, then Alex could top him in some statistical categories, but the Vikings will win more than the Skins.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I chose KC because I think AS is a horrible fit for this team. He doesn’t have the surrounding talent at the skill positions to run an offense. I see the Vikes winning around 12 games this season. I think AS will be in a position to fling the ball more this season than ever before because we will be playing from behind. I think people will see many more check downs than they thought they would.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team will play better under smith ,Smith more of a leader.. Leaders do not wear stupid outfits on the stage. KIRK GOOFY AS FUCK DAMN UM WE LOST TODAY BUT GUYS LOOK AT MY SUIT WITH KITTENS LOL

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you define "providing more"? stats? wins?

If its stats, then Alex could top him in some statistical categories, but the Vikings will win more than the Skins.

Likely true since Vikings have much more talent all the way around (assuming good health for both teams). Heck the Vikings w/ Cousins are much better than the Skins would have been with Cousins especially if the Vikings have Cook for the whole season.

Personally I really don't care about the Vikings - they are not in the Skins division nor on their schedule. I will only care about them if somehow later in the season these two teams are vying for a remaining playoff spot. If Cousins does well - more power to him - doesn't matter to me since you can't undo the past.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousin's is with the better team. Of course health for both teams has to be factored in. The Vikings play a tougher schedule.

Cousin's is the better QB. Not sure how you want to measure that because as I said yesterday and will say again today football is the ultimate team game. Neither Cousin's or Smith is going to do whatever they do alone.

For those who say it is SB or bust for Cousin's. The same holds true for every team in the league and the Eagles just proved last year any team can win. Those that are using that line are just making an excuse to make themselves feel better if the Vikings don't win. I think coach is goofy but he at least comes out and says I don't like the guy.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousin's is with the better team. Of course health for both teams has to be factored in. The Vikings play a tougher schedule.

Cousin's is the better QB. Not sure how you want to measure that because as I said yesterday and will say again today football is the ultimate team game. Neither Cousin's or Smith is going to do whatever they do alone.

For those who say it is SB or bust for Cousin's. The same holds true for every team in the league and the Eagles just proved last year any team can win. Those that are using that line are just making an excuse to make themselves feel better if the Vikings don't win. I think coach is goofy but he at least comes out and says I don't like the guy.

Both the Skins & Vikings have very tough schedules (at least it appears that way - injuries & other factors could change that dramatically as the season progresses). It is almost a wash.

I think that talent wise that both QBs are pretty similar but have different skill sets. Of course Smith is older, but in this age I think that even he can be effective for quite a while. Oh well - as I have stated before - I would have preferred to retain Cousins, but it is water under the bridge now, and I am not going to act like the jilted girlfriend & stew on this forever.

In the end I root for the guy who is wearing the burgundy and gold. I really don't hold much ill will against most QBs from other teams. I root mainly not against players but rather against teams & their fans in particular. HTTR

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the Skins & Vikings have very tough schedules (at least it appears that way - injuries & other factors could change that dramatically as the season progresses). It is almost a wash.

I think that talent wise that both QBs are pretty similar but have different skill sets. Of course Smith is older, but in this age I think that even he can be effective for quite a while. Oh well - as I have stated before - I would have preferred to retain Cousins, but it is water under the bridge now, and I am not going to act like the jilted girlfriend & stew on this forever.

In the end I root for the guy who is wearing the burgundy and gold. I really don't hold much ill will against most QBs from other teams. I root mainly not against players but rather against teams & their fans in particular. HTTR

I don't feel like a jilted GF. I liked Cousin's when he was at Michigan State and that is coming from a Penn State fan. I don't see myself as a personnel guy but I thought this kid had what it would take and would never had made the Griffin trade who I did not see as an NFL caliber QB. For what it is worth I think Baker Mayfield will succeed and will follow him.

I have been a Redskin fan for 55 years so that isn't likely to change. I have in the past and will always like players on other teams for different reasons. Some I helped coach and watched them play with my nephews. Others are kids mostly from PG County that I watched play in HS.

I have stated on more than one occasion that I thought the Redskins did the next best thing by acquiring Smith and I will root for him to succeed. In a perfect world Smith, Cousin's and Mayfield all succeed. I hope Smith wins a Super Bowl while he is here.

Just like the Redskins wrongly let go of Antonio Pierce and Ryan Clark and there are others I am forgetting right now, I will hold the front office accountable. This is a bad organization, with a bad owner. Little did I think after 1991 that we would go 27 years with the kind of record we have had in that period. I said three years ago I hope the Redskins don't let Cousin's become our next Trent Green. He might be better than Trent Green. So, same old story … poor fucking ownership.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who say it is SB or bust for Cousin's. The same holds true for every team in the league

:nono:

Let me introduce you to my team, the Cleveland Browns. It's not S.B. or bust for that backwards & dysfunctional franchise. Jimmy Haslam is hands down the worst owner in the NFL. And if it wasn't for the clownish owner of the Knicks (James Dolan) Haslam would be the worst owner in all of American sports.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC will have more pressure

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC will have more pressure

Agreed, in fact here are the first 5 games that they play.

1. San Francisco

2. At Green Bay

3. Buffalo

4. At Los Angeles Rams

5. At Philadelphia

There's a real chance that they lose all three away games. San Francisco won't be an easy game to win either.

Minnesota fans are generally really nice folks, however, a 2-3 start or worse and this becomes a national story.

There just aren't the same national expectations for Alex Smith here in D.C.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC will have more pressure, but he's a worker and when you work hard, good things usually happen. Getting Dalvin Cook back and having a solid defense will be new for him. Looking at their schedule they may stumble out of the gate a little but will be in the hunt all season long to represent the NFC this year. (Philly, Rams, Vikings)

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC will have more pressure, but he's a worker and when you work hard, good things usually happen. Getting Dalvin Cook back and having a solid defense will be new for him. Looking at their schedule they may stumble out of the gate a little but will be in the hunt all season long to represent the NFC this year. (Philly, Rams, Vikings)

I think the Rams will fall hard this season.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Rams will fall hard this season.

Interesting. I think it all depends on their QB. I do think we will be kicking ourselves for a while that we let Kyle and McVay out of the building. I would take both of them over Jay, and I like Jay. The minute he decides to hire a qualified D coordinator and get someone to help him devise a run scheme, sky's the limit for Gruden and the Redskins.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I think it all depends on their QB. I do think we will be kicking ourselves for a while that we let Kyle and McVay out of the building. I would take both of them over Jay, and I like Jay. The minute he decides to hire a qualified D coordinator and get someone to help him devise a run scheme, sky's the limit for Gruden and the Redskins.

Rams have made the same mistakes the skins have made in the past. Bring in all these big name dudes that usually don’t mesh, while ignoring the draft