• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pregame Chat: Week 2 vs Fresno State| 3:30pm ET | ESPN2

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, so now it's time to get back on track and focus solely on Fresno State this weekend.

They are coach by Jeff Tedford, and beat Incarnate Wood 66-0. According to a few of the articles I read, it seemed as if the performance was even a little surprising to them, which bodes well for Bama.

I don't expect this to be close, but there are a few things I want to see this weekend.

1. A Blitz without having to bring safeties. We were the kings of a 4 man rush, but had little to no luck against FSU.

2. Better FG unit. Look, we shouldn't have to kick many FG's, but when we do, I want to see better looking kicks and ones that actually go between the posts. This is definitely our weakness.

3. Hurts stepping up in the pocket and throwing. I can think of twice that this happened against FSU. Once he steps up, he runs. I would love to see him work on stepping up, head up, and still looking to throw.

4. FINISH THE DRIVE. I want to see this offense finish drives with TD's and not FG attempts. Too many points were left on the field against FSU, and we need to not let that happen against a much weaker Fresno State team.

5. Remain injury free. Stay healthy, get Jalen out if we are just waxing them, and let's just get out of here with a dominating W and not serious injuries.

Early Odds are Alabama -43.5

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd take those things every week.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd take those things every week.

As would I, but those are things we did not do against FSU. With Miller and Lewis out for the year with injuries, we are even thinner at LB, so any kind of pass rush would work wonders.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As would I, but those are things we did not do against FSU. With Miller and Lewis out for the year with injuries, we are even thinner at LB, so any kind of pass rush would work wonders.

FSU stayed in max protect all night, so it's not surprising really.

Luckily LB is a position we are stacked at.....err was stacked at. Hopefully we'll be ok but a huge loss to our depth. Good news is if they don't make it back this season they easily qualify for a medical redshirt.

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU stayed in max protect all night, so it's not surprising really.

Luckily LB is a position we are stacked at.....err was stacked at. Hopefully we'll be ok but a huge loss to our depth. Good news is if they don't make it back this season they easily qualify for a medical redshirt.

I expect more of this...

bamasack.0.gif

bamasack.0.gif

Eco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,396.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, every time I watch this gif I laugh. Poor #70 on FSU. :pound: